my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Suspect Zero

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Suspect Zero
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 31, 2004 18:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone seen this low-budget flick?
It's filmed here in New Mexico and Hyper-Dad has a small speaking role...he sat at a table with hottie Carrie-Anne Moss and "hunky" Aaron Eckart. Check it out!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 31, 2004 20:46     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear Luna,

i just found out today that you have a Pancho's Mexican Buffet in your town. please go have some all-you-can-eat sopapillas and guacamole for me. because i hate south carolina.

Love,

Cthon

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 31, 2004 20:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're kidding, right?!?
I live in chile/guac heaven, there is no need to sink so low as to eat at Pancho's. Here's a list of some of my favorite New Mexican/Mexican restaurants:
Sadie's
Padilla's
Barela's
the restaurant where I work-Pueblo Harvest Cafe
Mary & Tito's (red chile heaven)
hell I'll even throw in the Frontier for their vats of free chile stew
But for dinner tonight, the old man and I are having Greek...mmmmmmmmmmmm!

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 31, 2004 21:07     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
everyone always thinks im kidding!

do any of those places have all you can eat guacamole? i didnt think so!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 31, 2004 22:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna, Cthon and his emo haircut are never kidding. They are always very serious(and emotional). So don't tease him about his buffet question. Buffets are no laughing matter in South Carolina and Georgia.

I thought I heard about this movie somewhere. I'll check it out.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 01, 2004 07:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
You're kidding, right?!?
I live in chile/guac heaven, there is no need to sink so low as to eat at Pancho's. Here's a list of some of my favorite New Mexican/Mexican restaurants:
Sadie's
Padilla's
Barela's
the restaurant where I work-Pueblo Harvest Cafe
Mary & Tito's (red chile heaven)
hell I'll even throw in the Frontier for their vats of free chile stew
But for dinner tonight, the old man and I are having Greek...mmmmmmmmmmmm!

DAMN!!!! It's &:30 in the morning and I'm now drooling for Mexican food!!! I missed my weekly 'fix' at the Cactus Cafe yesterday, because my tatoo got finished about 1/2 hour before the resaurant opened and I was too lazy to drive back. BTW: the tat looks INCREDIBLE.

All you can eat places usually have substandard food compared to real restaurants, but theres no denying how much Americans love an AYCE place... that's why Americans look the way they do.

Anyway, back to the topic.... I'll keep my eyes open for the movie. It's always cool to know people in flicks who have small cameos, or walk on parts.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 01, 2004 13:50     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I planned on seeing it this past weekend, but didn't get around to it. Maybe this weekend. He's in the first 15 minutes of the movie and said the movie was pretty awful otherwise.

He also said the roasters have been fired up. Boy, do I miss harvest season. I can smell it from here.....please send some green chile soon!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 01, 2004 17:10     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
emo haircut, circa 1993=

emo haircut, circa 2003=

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 01, 2004 17:51     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice photos Cthon.
MeXcalhead...you're cracking me up.

Also, the movie has shots of Downtown Abq. and the more "deserted" areas around Abq.
Hyper-Dad also has a quick cameo in the Planet of the Apes that came out some years back.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 02, 2004 00:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sean, its supposed to rain like a muthafucker this weekend. Some bitch named Frances is headed your way and she may have evil intentions for our homecity. Still planning on coming? You may want to get out and beat the crowds who are gonna flood(excuse the pun) 26.
I'll call you Thurs afternoon.

BTW...that '93 hair ruled man! I see Blacky.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 02, 2004 16:55     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im coming out to Columbia this weekend, ive got a 4 day weekend, you should come hang w/ us there if nothing else... as for going to Georgia, not sure yet. I-95 is bumper to bumper right now, the news said. I-26 still clear.

Blacky laughed very long and hard at that pic, btw, haha.

"why would you want a haircut like that?"

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 02, 2004 17:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks more like a Beatles haircut to me.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 02, 2004 18:21     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if the Beatles jammed with Black Flag, that is:

(hehe)

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 02, 2004 18:23     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ive totally hijacked Luna's thread. im like an internet sensation.

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 02, 2004 19:15     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Cthon....back to the subject....in "Planet of the Apes" with Marky Mark, hyperdad is in the beginning as well.

Remember when they take the chimp out of the simultor and then they are looking at a picture of space(?) on a monitor? Then there is some sort of interference and then all of sudden you see really quick flashes of Hitler, Castro, the Pope, an alien? Well, if you look closely, thrown in with these very high-profile people, you see some native guy cooking with a wok? Ha ha, it's hyperdad!!

Funny and very weird that someone picked up footage of a local television commercial he made well over 10 years ago!!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 02, 2004 19:26     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thats hella-awesome. my cousin was a child actor in a bad string of B-movies during his "career", which involved RoboCop 2, Stephen King's It, Johnny B. Goode, the Lonesome Dove pilot, and Where the Red Fern Grows (PART TWO! with Wilford Brimley,hehe). also some German soap operas, hahahaha.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 03, 2004 11:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
ive totally hijacked Luna's thread. im like an internet sensation.

Like, totally dude!

It's perfectly cool with me since I can re-read and re-laugh at that damned signature of yours...

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 03, 2004 12:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
Johnny B. Goode,

HAHA that movie sucks so bad it's hilarious! Like when Anthony Michael Hall comes back from LA wearing all that gold and purple outfit, and Robert Downey Jr is always a plus....Your cousin musta been his lil brother or something. That's cool!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 03, 2004 12:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And to be on the subject of the actual TOPIC, I have not seen this movie but that is RIGHT ON your dad is in it and he has been in other flicks...

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 03, 2004 13:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ocular intrusion:
HAHA that movie sucks so bad it's hilarious! Like when Anthony Michael Hall comes back from LA wearing all that gold and purple outfit, and Robert Downey Jr is always a plus....Your cousin musta been his lil brother or something. That's cool!

The soundtrack is even worse, unfortunately. To this day I can't imagine what led the Priest to do that horrible Chuck Berry cover.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 03, 2004 23:59     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ocular intrusion:

haha, yeah, he was the "little brother" at the breakfast table. and man, did that JP song suck balls....

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 05, 2004 16:41     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
I planned on seeing it this past weekend, but didn't get around to it. Maybe this weekend. He's in the first 15 minutes of the movie and said the movie was pretty awful otherwise.

He also said the roasters have been fired up. Boy, do I miss harvest season. I can smell it from here.....please send some green chile soon!

mmmmmm, Green chile! hahaha You live in the Pacific Northwest with pasty white non chile eating tree huggers! Kidding!
Pops didn't like the movie? I thought it was cool. I guess it is a little confusing if you are not familiar with remote viewing.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan