my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 1977 precursor to Dimension Hatross

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1977 precursor to Dimension Hatross
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted August 24, 2004 23:40     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have any of you heard the band MX-80? Check out this song "Afterbirth/Aftermath" by MX-80, this and their whole style is a precursor to the Dimension Hatross style we all love! MX-80s sound is somewhere between King Crimson, Captain Beefheart, Voivod, and punk. This really sounds like that frantic part in Killing Technology's "Forgotten in Space" or a lot of Dimension Hatross!

Here's a link: http://s2.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=52FB4EEED85554C03E918ED7EA15505A

|  IP: Logged
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted August 24, 2004 23:42     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, this song is from a cd of their amazing 1976 and 1977 albums "Big Hits/Hard Attack." Extremely recommended...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 25, 2004 07:54     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought that the precursor of DH was Yes' Relayer?

Thanks for the tip!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 25, 2004 13:10     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought the precursor to Dimension Hatross was Killing Technology?

--------------------

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted August 26, 2004 00:12     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee hee hee...
did anyone download the song? I think it's piggy-tastic!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 26, 2004 04:52     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah - just listened to it. Thanks for the tip - it's a killer tune. Gonna have to pick up the album now. Nice one!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 26, 2004 05:09     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tnx, man! Great song!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted August 26, 2004 05:35     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It sems really interesting !!!!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted August 26, 2004 07:26     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dope

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan