my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » OPETH - Lamentations

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OPETH - Lamentations
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 24, 2004 10:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought this one last week. I love this band. In the beginning a little to slow i think, later on more grunts and metal!

One song reminds me of Voivod, i think it was Deliverence.

What do you guys think of Opeth?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 24, 2004 10:47     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great band. Awesome DVD. I got into them when I first heard Bleak from Blackwater Park. I was hooked right away.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 24, 2004 11:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That DVD made me a fan of the band. Yup, it's THAT good. Best 13$ i ever spent.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 24, 2004 17:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probably my fav dvd and the Damnation cd is always being played in my truck, home and work. The feel of that entire disc is timeless, and with a huge thanks to Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree, the sound is phenomenal. I'm not into the cookie monster vocals too much, but I can tolerate the Opeth style of blending both singing and growling. Given the choice I'd rather like to hear them do another cd like Damnation, but heavier and without growling... although I KNOW that's not going to happen.

Lamentations rocks!!!! The surround sound is beautiful,

Think I'll play it after dinner... time to EAT!!!!

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 25, 2004 01:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Think I'll play it after dinner... time to EAT!!!!

What did you have??

i had baked potatous with hamburgers

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 25, 2004 08:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
What did you have??

i had baked potatous with hamburgers

I went to my favorite place to eat CACTUS CAFE. Authentic mexican food with a great staff. Seafood chimichanga is what I got and what I usually get. But they have a huge menu of excellent food.

I also dropped off some framing I did for a guy that works at the tattoo place next to Cactus Cafe. He's going to be giving me my first tattoo next week which will be the King Crimson 'Discipline Knot' which is on the cover of the Discipline album. I thought this was a cool design, that I could die with on my shoulder. No blatant band name or mascot but definitly music related and damn cool looking.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 25, 2004 13:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
He's going to be giving me my first tattoo next week

RIGHT FUCKING ON !!!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 25, 2004 23:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ocular intrusion:
RIGHT FUCKING ON !!!!

I'm in the middle of a divorce, selling my home, working 72 fuckin hours a week... I needed something to break the insanity, and depression I've been feeling for the last year or so, and a tat seemed like the perfect thing to do.

I've wanted one for a long time but didn't really have a good reason to do it, and even though I wanted to design my own, I desided the DISCIPLINE KNOT would be a perfect first tatoo to have, and maybe something else in the future.

Some of my friends think I'm stupid because I'm 39 and getting 'inked'... fuck that... what damn difference does it make how old I am... I want it done.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 26, 2004 02:08     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah same here. In 2000 i got tattooed with the tribal in Negatron's booklet. Have never regret it and never will. In the near future i want to have it expanded. It isn't looking that good anymore allready....

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 26, 2004 02:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm in the middle of a divorce,

I am very sorry to hear that. I wish you the best for your future. I have bean very near to divorcing my wife but we managed to stick together and happy now.......

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 26, 2004 08:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I am very sorry to hear that. I wish you the best for your future. I have bean very near to divorcing my wife but we managed to stick together and happy now.......

Glad to hear you and your wife worked things out. It's nice to hear about married couples who can get through things together. I wish we would have done something else to try and make things work, but it's too late now. We're both to blame for not trying harder... we kind of grew apart and see things differently than we did 10 years ago... LIFE SUCKS...The you get a tattoo

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2004 20:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Some of my friends think I'm stupid because I'm 39 and getting 'inked'... fuck that... what damn difference does it make how old I am... I want it done.

I love the attitude!!! I plan on getting one sometime in the future too, I don't know how old I'll be either...Try to post a picture when it's done

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 27, 2004 01:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I can get a good photo of it I'll post it so you all can see it.
It will basically be this only bigger!!!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 27, 2004 10:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
LIFE SUCKS...The you get a tattoo

Sounds like a good reason. Cactus Cafe? Y'know here in NM, it's green chile roasting season!!! That sweet-hot smell was in the air when we walked the old dog this morning. YUM!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 28, 2004 00:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Sounds like a good reason. Cactus Cafe? Y'know here in NM, it's green chile roasting season!!! That sweet-hot smell was in the air when we walked the old dog this morning. YUM!

DAMN, I'D BET I'D LOVE THE FOOD IN NEW MEXICO!!!!. But I'll settle for the Cactus Cafe,,, hands down my favorite place to dine. I don't need no fancy fancy, excentric gourmet menu... just good tasting food in a casual relaxed place and I'm happy .... MMMMMMM foooood!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 29, 2004 14:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
If I can get a good photo of it I'll post it so you all can see it.
It will basically be this only bigger!!!

Nice!!!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan