my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Well how about the Canadian Summer Olympic team?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well how about the Canadian Summer Olympic team?
Peter Nubile
VoivodFan
Member # 474

posted August 19, 2004 23:29     Profile for Peter Nubile   Email Peter Nubile     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

You know, I think that with a little bit of effort, our glorious athletes may very well overtake Mongolia, Croatia, Slovenia, Colombia, Trinidad and Tobago, Israel, and Argentina and stand on the same hallowed grounds as the other countries who have not one but (GASP!!!) two bronze medals!!! Even the United Arab Emirates have us blown out of the water with just one gold medal!

Olympic Medal Standings by Country

Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
U. S. 14 11 10 35
China 14 9 6 29
Japan 9 4 2 15
Aussie 7 5 7 19
Ukraine 5 1 1 7
Italy 4 5 3 12
France 4 3 4 11
Germany 4 2 7 13
Russia 3 8 10 21
Turkey 3 0 1 4
Korea 2 6 3 11
Nether. 2 5 4 11
Hungary 2 3 1 6
Romania 2 0 2 4
Greece 2 0 1 3
Slovak. 1 2 1 4
Poland 1 2 1 4
Belarus 1 1 1 3
Georgia 1 1 0 2
S. Afr. 1 1 0 2
Thai. 1 0 2 3
Bulg. 1 0 2 3
Switz. 1 0 1 2
U.A. E. 1 0 0 1
Britain 0 3 4 7
Austria 0 3 0 3
N. Kor. 0 2 1 3
Cuba 0 1 5 6
Zimb 0 1 1 2
Czech 0 1 1 2
India 0 1 0 1
Spain 0 1 0 1
Kazak 0 1 0 1
Port. 0 1 0 1
Serbia 0 1 0 1
Indon. 0 1 0 1
Belgium 0 0 2 2
Azerb. 0 0 2 2
Brazil 0 0 2 2
Denmark 0 0 2 2
Mong. 0 0 1 1
Croatia 0 0 1 1
Slov. 0 0 1 1
Colomb. 0 0 1 1
Trinid. 0 0 1 1
Israel 0 0 1 1
Canada 0 0 1 1
Argent. 0 0 1 1

You know, I'm really counting on the Canadian Olympic Woman's Beach Volleyball team to obtain gold!

"Guylaine Dumont celebrates with her partner Annie Martin after defeating Kathrine Maaseide and Susanne Glesnes from Norway."

You know, I'm really going to miss Kathrine and Susanne. I mean GO CANADA, GO!!!

--------------------

"Woah, ho, ho, and a pint of Hefeweizen!!!"

|  IP: Logged
verbal razor
VoivodFan
Member # 428

posted August 20, 2004 02:26     Profile for verbal razor   Email verbal razor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahaha Canada sux! You guys are more of a winter olympics country.

GO USA!!!!

--------------------

Workin' on it

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 20, 2004 09:37     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go Croatia!

Go Russia!

Go China!

GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted August 20, 2004 11:37     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite thing about being Canadian during the olympics is turning on the CBC and 9 times outta 10 they're interviewing some crying loser who wasted four years of their life training to suck.

We're taking men's baseball tho.

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted August 20, 2004 12:29     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't care who's winning what as long as
we have women beach volleyball on TV !

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 20, 2004 13:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackguard:
I don't care who's winning what as long as
we have women beach volleyball on TV !

Hmmm... Women beach volleyball... Hmmm...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 20, 2004 13:06     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a nice image...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 20, 2004 23:48     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, so here's a silver medal. In what?

Trampoline...

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 23, 2004 20:05     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the gold for Kyle Shewfelt (men's gymnastics - floor).

And by the way, when did Sweden become a track and field powerhouse? Shouldn't those people be skiing or playing hockey or something?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 27, 2004 23:47     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't field hockey in the Olympics? The Canadians or is it Canadiens, anyhoo, y'all woold surely take home the gold ay?

Beach vollyball dog piles are the greatest!
What a sight on the morning tv of two scantilly clad athletic women hugging and rolling about in a vat of jello with a can of whipcream at the ready and...what was I talking aboot?

Oh...U-S-A! U-S-A!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 30, 2004 15:16     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Olympics are over, but what the hell. This one goes for Slaytanic!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan