my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » David Vincent rejoins Morbid Angel (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: David Vincent rejoins Morbid Angel
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 13, 2004 04:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAVID VINCENT Rejoins MORBID ANGEL - Aug. 12, 2004

Bassist/vocalist David Vincent will be rejoining MORBID ANGEL for their rescheduled tour of South America following the departure — for the second, and apparently final, time — of the group's most recent frontman Steve Tucker. "MORBID ANGEL and World Management would like to thank Steve Tucker for his contribution on several MORBID ANGEL records as well as multiple great tours," reads a posting on the group's web site. "We all wish him well and are sure he will succeed in his new endeavors."

Tucker had the following to say regarding his decision to leave the group:

"After many problems and much discussion with the people around me, the people I trust, I have decided it is necessary for me to step away from MORBID ANGEL. It has been a long trip with a lot of great shows and I have made many friends along the way. The MORBID ANGEL fans that not only excepted me, but reveled in my being a part of the band, have been the greatest thing about my time in MORBID ANGEL, they are the reason I came back to the band.

"There are many reasons for me leaving the band, personal reasons, musical reasons and very logical reasons. All of which will stay between me and the band. MORBID ANGEL existed many years before I came along and will for many more I am sure.

"I have enjoyed playing with some great musicians and touring with some great bands and meeting some incredible people all over the world. To all these people I say 'Thank You' and we will meet again.

"I am not done with the music business by any means, I will now be moving into other areas of the business, things I have always enjoyed, but didn't have time for. I will be moving into much more recording, production and management, so any bands interested in working with me, feel free to contact me at hewhosleeps@hotmail.com .

"Again, thank you to all of the fans for 8 years of making my hour and a half of stage time so brilliant!!!"

MORBID ANGEL South American tour:

Sep. 04 - Monterrey, MEX - Cafe Iguana
Sep. 05 - Mexico City, MEX - Lopez Mateos Arena
Sep. 07 - Santiago, CHL - Teatro Providencia -cupo limitado-
Sep. 11 - Bogota, COL - Coliseo El Salitre

---------------------------------------------------------

Fucking A!

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted August 13, 2004 09:04     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT!!!!! AND THEY'RE COMING TO FUCKING CHILITO LINDO!!!!!!
I hope David doesn't come with a skirt.. ha!!! I hope to get some pics and post them here..

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 13, 2004 09:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Evil D, y'all! Evil D!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 13, 2004 09:51     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
GREAT!!!!! AND THEY'RE COMING TO FUCKING CHILITO LINDO!!!!!!

pics would be great, but is there a way that you could tape the damn thing?

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 13, 2004 10:01     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh, and this is a good thing IMO...

--------------------

what do you mean?

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted August 13, 2004 10:38     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think I can tape it, I don't have the proper equipment... I'll try to find out who's gona tape, or even better, if I can manage to get a soundboard mix, as I know a couple of guys involved with the production... I'll keep you posted and try to do a review of the gig...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 13, 2004 10:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck, David rejoins Morbid Angel, they're touring South America and won't come to Brasil???

WTF???

Hope Dave's return turns out to be on a permanent basis.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 13, 2004 12:06     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, this is good news. IMO Domination was their last great record. The newer stuff is good, but back then they were great. Let's hope he sticks around.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 13, 2004 19:13     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
Fuck, David rejoins Morbid Angel, they're touring South America and won't come to Brasil???

WTF???

Hope Dave's return turns out to be on a permanent basis.

Maybe they have yet to add more dates? That is a pretty short list if you ask me!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 14, 2004 16:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks man, but it looks like they won't come anyway. They were scheduled to come, but some management problems went on the way. But then, another couple of fingers crossed are always welcome.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted August 15, 2004 17:05     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news, so i will start again to buy MA albums... I stopped years ago after Domination!
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 15, 2004 21:17     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So much for the MA reunion I guess. But then again things can change pretty fast.

Shock-rock outfit GENITORTURERS have posted a statement on their web site confirming that their bassist David Vincent (a.k.a. Evil D) has been asked by his previous band, MORBID ANGEL, to fill in on bass/vocals for the group's upcoming South American dates. "He has agreed to play four shows in South America and for now that is the only thing that he has committed to doing with them," the statement reads. "His 'status' with GENITORTURERS is unchanged and he is currently in the studio working on the new GENITORTURERS album. GENITORTURERS will be announcing select U.S. shows for late October!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 19, 2004 15:29     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno what the fuck is going on with Morbid, because they've either been dropped from or left Earache now.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 19, 2004 15:41     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slaytanic showed me some pics of David Vincent. They scared me shitless, Evil D

But i would love to see him back.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 20, 2004 03:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About Evil D ONLY committing for the South American tour, well there HAS to be some drama involved, right?

--------------------

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 03, 2004 03:06     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
I'll try to find out who's gona tape, or even better, if I can manage to get a soundboard mix, as I know a couple of guys involved with the production...

its getting close...
I sure hope you can find a way of recording that show...
like I said before, I would make it worth your while!

--------------------

what do you mean?

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 03, 2004 09:01     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah!!! I'm talking to one of my "contacts" tonite, hope I can work something out... At least I'm gonna try to get some pics for ya guys...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 03, 2004 12:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 03, 2004 12:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are VERY lucky Gerfat! Of course you already knew this I am sure haha

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 03, 2004 16:04     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, lucky at last!!! I remember MA playing here in 1996, they couldn't believe the response of the chilean maniacs, totally wild!!! I guess you know what I'm talking about Sla˙tanic, pure southamerican feeling!!!! It was the first time (that's what I heard later) that Pete Sandoval approached the crowd, and even said some words in spanish... He's a fucking machine. It was a show to remember...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 08, 2004 08:42     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it finally happened... The band sounded excellent & more than tight, and the setlist was awesome, only oldies. It was obvious, as I guess David wouldn't be able to learn many of the new tracks in a few days... But it didn't really matter, as I love their "David Vincent" era...
I'm sorry, but I don't remember the complete setlist, neither its order, but I can certainly point out that they began with Rapture - Pain Divine - Maze of FUCKING Torment - Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost!!!!! Wow, what a start... Also, as David said, they specially rehearsed Evil Spells for this tour... The setlist was focused on the Covenant album (God of Emptiness included), one track from BATS (Day of Suffering) & two tracks from Domination.. The gig ended with World of Shit (The promised land)... GREAT CONCERT!!!! Pete Sandoval is a real monster, and the new guitar player is great also, he made some of the solos perfectly...
Well, now I'm with the task of getting the audio of the concert, so I'll keep you posted... I'll also post some pics soon, so keep checking!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 08, 2004 16:27     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Morbid Angel Pics

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 08, 2004 17:33     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the review and the pics.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 09, 2004 04:05     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the pics!
I hope you will be lucky with your task...
I will keep checking...

--------------------

what do you mean?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 09, 2004 07:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the pics!!! Evil D's hair looks sorta fucked up, does he have a hairband on or something? He needs to really get away from her torturing wife Gen

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan