my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » MEGADETH remastered catalog

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MEGADETH remastered catalog
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 08, 2004 01:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just received the rest of the remastered Megadeth cds to complete the catalog and I must say, Mustaine has out done himself with this project. INCREDIBLE sound on everything and the remixed versions give new life to the songs.

A must have for any thrash fan, from one of the best original bands ever.

Even RISK is listenable, now!!!

Lots of great demo tracks, unreleased tracks, b-side tracks, Japanese only songs, etc...
Great liner notes from Dave that brings insight to each album.

I'm in fuckin' Megadeth heaven!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 08, 2004 02:58     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn all the shit sounds cool already, musta REALLY done a superb job on these

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 08, 2004 03:48     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, good stuff indeed. The remasters even made me like So Far So Good.

I didn't get Rust In Peace becaus I heard that Dave rerecorded the vocals on a couple songs. Does it matter?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 08, 2004 04:20     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How does the "remixed version" of "KIMBABIG" compare to the original?

Sorry, my ass is lazy, so is my pocket-book.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 08, 2004 08:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anthony, RUST IN PEACE is WAY better than the original!!!! The vocals are fukin brutal, the sound destroys, plus you get an unreleased song MY CREATION and 3 demos. I'd have bought this if it was only a single cd with HOLY WARS remeastered. There seems to me more instrumental passages in some of the songs that weren't in the original release.

Legion, The reissue of KIMBABIG was released a couple years ago and it's definitley worth buying for the improved sound quality and better artwork; however, they wouldn't let Mustaine rerelease THESE BOOTS with the cussing, andthe foul language is replaced with beeps (or silence... I can't remember which)and it ruins the song. I wish he would have left it off completely to tell you the truth.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 08, 2004 08:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard three of 'em so far (not counting Killing is My Business from 2 years ago... which ruled!):

Rust In Peace: sounds beefier this time around, less muddy... it's got more punch to it... and a nice sizzle on top. It slams more than it used to.

Cryptic Writings: it already sounded good so Dave pretty much tweaked some of the tracks, removing some useless intros and crap. I like it.

Risk: surprising! I'm with Shoeder on this one, it's listenable now! Most if not all of the annoying electronics have been removed from the songs, which is good.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan