o.k what is the best of these albums?

KILLING IS MY BUSINESS
RIDE THE LIGHTNING
REIGN IN BLOOD
MORBID TALES
AMONG THE LIVING
KILLING TECHNOLOGY
OR SOMETHING ELSE FROM THE FIRST PART OF THE 80'S

THIS IS A TOUGH ONE!I love all of these album about the same except for the Anthrax.i dont care for that one as much anymore but i would have to throw in Exciters' UNVEILING THE WICKED,Motorheads'NO REMORSE & DBCS'DEAD BRAIN CELLS.

IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 06, 2004 15:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reign in Blood

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 06, 2004 15:24     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
OR SOMETHING ELSE FROM THE FIRST PART OF THE 80'S

THRILLER - Michael Jackson

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 06, 2004 15:55     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know what I like about all of them, they all sound very different from each other. Unlike today's music where there's so much cloning going on.

I'd probably have to say Ride The Lighting.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 06, 2004 17:17     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TRAITORS!!

KT by a mile, with RIB a distant second. Yes, RIB is an all-time thrash classic, but KT was far more of a unique and ground-breaking album - and also required ten times the creativity & imagination.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 06, 2004 17:32     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll chime in when I can make up my mind, but as much as I loved Among the Living at the time, I think I would rather see S.O.D.s Speak English Or Die on that list.

OK, I'll be back later. My knee jerk reaction is Reign In Blood, but let me think about it.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 06, 2004 18:47     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd have to go with Killing Technology for two reasons:

1) It's got "This is not an Exercise" on it, which is hand's down my fave Voivod song.

2) There's only one other album on that list that I've heard, and while it's good, I haven't bothered to listen to it in years. Therefore it must not be THAT good.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 06, 2004 20:26     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIDE THE LIGHTNING -- pure Grit USA THRASH metal
KILLING TECHNOLOGY -- tr00 CANADIAN bred THRASH metal
REIGN IN BLOOD -- early DEATH/SPEED metal
MORBID TALES -- early BLACK metal w/roots in doom metal
KILLING IS MY BUSINESS -- straight METAL /more commercial ?
AMONG THE LIVING -- MULLET/MOSH METAL w/ skateboards and such.

it is a choice of really only two true thrash metal albums.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 07, 2004 01:01     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Soft Machine:
Morbid Lightning Technology (tm)

HAHA

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 07, 2004 01:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll have to cast a write in vote:
DIMENSION HATROSS... when Snake found his 'voice' and set Voivod light years ahead of all the other bands.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 08, 2004 00:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
THRILLER - Michael Jackson

Seconded.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 10, 2004 12:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm...you really are a sick motherfucker, Slaytanic.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 10, 2004 20:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't we done this before? Oh well, its a good topic......easily I'd have to say

REIGN IN BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

if you're talking pure thrash, c'mon, yeah, sure VV tops for weird thrash but.....

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 10, 2004 21:33     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this is fucking horror !
R.I.B. is NOT thrash ! closer to death-metal but you could still slam to it.

the VOD is not really even considered thrash after K.T. (imo) too advanced afterward.

SOD & SACRED REICH... mabye !

we need a topic / ("what is thrash") ?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 11, 2004 01:17     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
this is fucking horror !
R.I.B. is NOT thrash ! closer to death-metal but you could still slam to it.

the VOD is not really even considered thrash after K.T. (imo) too advanced afterward.

SOD & SACRED REICH... mabye !

we need a topic / ("what is thrash") ?

Dude, if 'Piece By Piece' isn't thrash, nothing is. Also, listen to the chords after the intro to the title track. There is tons of thrash in that album, it's just that they mixed it up real good with some hardcore & death influence, while adding some REALLY LOUSY guitar solos.
(not taking away from the album, just attempting to describe)

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 11, 2004 05:37     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i agree tango, the guitar riffs are thrashy/speedy but it dosent seem to have any Punk influence in there, most of the album is about hitler, not once does it mention Nuclear War. to be thrash is has to mention Nuclear War atleast.

not to take anything from the album either, its hard to put into a category. back when it was released we just called it speed in my social group.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 11, 2004 10:09       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i didnt think this would get into a debate about what thrash is but thats not the fuckin point.You can call it thrash,speed metal,death metal,whatever it's all the fuckin same to me no matter what category you put it under.
The point is what is the best "metal " album from the beginning of that type of metal.

IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 11, 2004 10:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seriously, who cares?
All the records listed here are ALL GOOD! They're all CLASSICS!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan