my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ozzfest!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzfest!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 03, 2004 12:17     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, so this was a week ago, but I know that Luna, slugbutt and hypermom are all going to this show today in ABQ, so here's what I thought of it:

We took our time getting to the amphitheater cause I didn't particularly feel like hanging out in the hot sun watching bands I didn't much care for. We got there just in time to catch Slipknot play their last couple of songs......man, they suck bigtime. You can all give me shit now for missing bands I'm sure that maybe I should have seen.

The first band, who's name escapes me, sucked. Super Joint Ritual was okay, but the singer (Anselmo?) kept spouting his mouth about how great his band was and that those of us who haven't heard of them weren't as cool as their real fans and that they are the beginning of a new era of metal cause metal has been shit lately and blah, blah, blah.....that totally turned me off even if I was sort of enjoying their music.

Dimmu Borgir....hmmm, sorry to all you fans of this band here on this forum....oh well, what's that saying - ...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...... God, those keyboards were driving me nuts!!!

Slayer was Slayer and the mosh pit was fierce as usual.

Judas Priest!!! Now, for all of you that chose not spend the money and time to go to this show missed one hell of a set. Come on people, it was fucking ROB FUCKING HALFORD!!!! I felt like I was 12, 14, and 16 all over again!! They rocked and just seeing them was worth the $90 I paid to get in alone To hear Rob sing "Victim of Changes" one more time was incredible

slugbutt....remember this?!?

And last but not least, Black Sabbath. Man, these old fuckers know how to rock! Toni, Geezer, and Mr. Ward, whom I never realized is an incredible drummer until last week, especially given his age, were tight and were have such a great time playing all those classic BS songs. Ozzy sounded great (I think they stopped over medicating him) and honestly, probably better that Rob, who cannot hit his high notes anymore He of course, still energetic as ever, screaming, "We love you all!!", was entertaining as always.

Yeah, JP and BS were definitely worth the $$$ spent.

Sorry to those of you who missed out. Man, Voivod would have fit in so much better this year than they did last year....only with more old songs, though

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 03, 2004 13:59     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like you had a good time, although you mabye did miss out on some second stage acts. I didnt have much to say about Slipknot for the fest here in virginia either. most of the bands befor them were alot better minus a few like atreu or whatever it was called.

second stage this year was a different scene a little, it seems death-style metal made a comeback this year ?
that dimmu borger (whatever ya call it) did not impress me at all either, but SJR didnt do any shit talking at our fest. mabye he got a little trashed ? they were damn good though.

oh, i did not see one hopping bunny dancer at this fest either (that was odd)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 04, 2004 12:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Hypergrrl.

I hope Black Sabbath finally get into the studio after this.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 04, 2004 19:57     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hola y'all. My voice is shot from singing along with every Slip-not song, NOT!
Yeah sis, they sucked. Tune your guitars to 440 and maybe I could hear whatever it is you's playing. Riffs? What riffs! Pure low-end mud. I was kinda looking forward to hearing them as they look really cool in their photos! Kinda like KISS did back in the day, only now they suck as well.
Didn't catch Zakk's band, heard them in the distance as I was soaking in the beer, sweat and kiddie poo ambience.
SJR were ok, only because Hank III was playing bass and twirling his head the whole set. Man, what the hell is up with that singer?? "I am the king of Heavy Metal!" Huh? Dude shut the fuck up and and go suck down another bong hit you loser! Never like Pantera much either come to think of it.
Ahh, Norway. What a dismal place it must be, "Satan put us here on this stage today!" or something to that effect, screamed the singer. Liked them. I think people were scared of them, mom included! Glad I didn't take my kid.
Slayah!!!! Yup. They got the opening act sound! It really sucked having to listen to them with such a fucked up sound. No Angel Of Death?!?! Wha??!?!
Great mosh pit on the lawn which has a nice slope to it. Many drunken and sun-burned bodies getting floored and then rolling down the hill was the greatest! Luna got taken out by a volley of bodies! Wished they would have played longer.
Priest!!!! I guess the fest had a few days off before Abq. because Rob was in great form, vocal wise. He hit plenty of high notes and it did not really matter if he did or not because it was great seeing him perform again. "Reunited and it feels so good." (twang dweedle de twang) 12,000 plus singing along to every tune was really cool. Fists and devil signs in the air, mullets draped with sweat, parachute pants stuck to their bodies, the masses weren't disappointed!
Sabbath!!!! It was good to see OZZY alive and energetic. I wish he would've taken off his shirt so I could see if it really was him! They all played their arses off and it was a great lesson to all the youngins who got to see how it's done, myself included!
L8

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 04, 2004 19:59     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

slugbutt....remember this?!?

[/QB]

Yeah I remember! Where did you find that? I have the Triumph dvd that was filmed at the US Festival, very cool.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 05, 2004 11:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My only gripe for this year's Ozzfest would be having lawn tickets...wahhhhh!!! It sucks up there, so far removed from the Metal Gods. I was not the least bit disappointed by anything. Well, except the sound during Slayer's set. Otherwise, I had a great time. I also started out with a hangover from the night before when I saw Internal Suffering. Anyone ever heard this band? They fucking rocked. They're from Colombia.

Anyhoo. After sucking down two Bloody Mary's, which weren't bad for the Journal Pavilion, I saw Lacuna Coil and Lamb of God. Now, we all know Christina from Lacuna Coil is pretty damned hot, but in person with her hair flipping around, oh boy! She is gorgeous. I was impressed by their set, Otep sucked ass but Lamb of God ripped. I hope they return to Albuquerque some day. I missed God Forbid. Hatebreed, well, they're Hatebreed. The kids love them.

I took some photos, mostly at the autograph signings. Hank III. Three guys from Dimmu Borgir, who by the way are hot. And Lamb of God, whose singer, Randy Blythe gave props to the Navajo, Hopi and Pueblo people in the crowd...and the Natives went wild, including myself.

I would highly recommend seeing Black Sabbath. They were beyond anything I could imagine. We all love Sabbath. We all know Sabbath tunes. But to see them and hear them and Ozzy being coherent and his usual joking-ass self...unbelievable. Iommi is a guitar god. They had a great light show, an awesome set and I wish they could have played longer. Now I can die a not-so-happy chica. Long live OZZY! Oh, and Sharon!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan