my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » A "computer-based" question to anyone who can help!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A "computer-based" question to anyone who can help!!!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 02, 2004 23:15     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm such a novice when it comes to understanding how computers function, or rather "malfunction", so I can find a way to solve those "computer-like" problems...

So anyway, this question pertains to mp3 downloads...I have a file that has about 300 or so downloaded mp3's stored in it. Until just yesterday, I was able to "burn" discs by dragging the files down into my burning program (Roxio easy CD creator 5) and simply pressing the record button.

Well now when I perform these same tasks, a box "pops" up and tells me: "the (title of the song) mp3 is not a valid audio file and will not be added to the track list."
So then I'm left with no other choice but to "click on" the ok button!

I'm pissed!!! I NEVER had a problem until just yesterday!

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions I could use, besides throwing this fucking piece of shit computer out the window? (which btw, I'm very close to doing!)

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2004 01:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Use Roxio's Classic Creator not the drag and drop function which is for data not audio. This will turn your MP3s into wav files and burn them onto a cdr. Make sure you are creating a MUSIC CD. It also allows you to choose track at once (TAO) or disc at once (DAO) recording. DAO won't put 2 second gaps in betwwen each trach which is great when recording a downloaded live concert.

I've been using Roxio for many years now and aside from a few programing eroors that they have since corrected, I have been very happy with the program and everything it allows you to do.
\
Good Luck ... don't toss it out the window because you won't be able to come to VOIVOD FAN!!! The coolest site on the net.
ROXIO WEB SITE

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 03, 2004 22:43     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, thanks for the input...I'm trying to create cdr's from "audio files", not data....

Shroeder: I've never had a problem "dragging the files down to be burned"..that seems to stump me when you say that the dragging-down process is for data only.

I'm wondering now if I maybe somehow changed the files back to mp3 format...maybe that anwswers why I can't record them onto disc.

Or, do you think it might be a "viral-infection" that's making this all loopy?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 04, 2004 12:04     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry if I ramble here, but I've had too much coffee this morning.

MP3s are compressed audio files and are considered data by the computer, just like Word or Excel files. When the music is on the original, store-bought CD, before it becomes an MP3, it is about ten times the size and is in a file format that allows a normal, stereo CD player to read it. Converting it to an MP3 shrinks the file down but in the process makes it unreadable to your standard CD player. At this point you can only play the MP3 on a computer.

Newer burning software will "re-inflate" the MP3 and change it back to regular CD format when you create an "audio CD" which will allow it to be played in your car or home stereo.

The "drag and drop" method of burning, where you highlight some files and "drop" them into the burning software's window usually only works for data (MP3,Word, Excel, JPG...etc.). Roxio should have a wizard interface that walks you through the process of creating an audio cd where you point it to the files you want to create (MP3) and it will convert them, add them to the track list and burn them so that they can be played in a standard CD player.

Keep in mind that when you create an audio CD it enlarges the files and you can no longer fit 300 songs on one disk. That only works if you keep it in data format.

I hope that makes sense and isn't too much info. Like I said...too...much...coffee...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan