my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » A suggestion for Voivod (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: A suggestion for Voivod
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 01, 2004 17:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am starting to get the "We need a new Voivod Album" jitters here!
I know that the next CD with Jason on board will be better than the previous one.
He is a fine Bass Artist.

BUT!....
I certainly hope that this is not the last Voivod we will ever see!
If this is the last one that JASON will be on, I hope that Piggy, Away and Snake wont be discouraged and split up either.

Thats why i would love to see Voivod find a relatively unknown Bass player to continue with.
Someone who could be a permanent member for the future.
In my humble opinion...someone with a more technical style that will bring that aspect
back into the music of Voivod.

The future is wide open, with many possibilities.
Its just my observation of what Voivod should consider.
Getting back to theyre roots.

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 01, 2004 17:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree...Just because Jasonic has stated this is the last album in the 2 album contract, that doesn't prevent them from writing more music and just getting anyone to play bass. They can release stuff on their own website....they don't need a freaking label, haha. Whoever knows about them by then will buy the stuff anyways...

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 02, 2004 09:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, they should get the old bass guy they had, what was his name? That's it: Browny. That was his name.

Hmmm, brownies...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2004 12:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought their old bass player is back with WASP?

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 02, 2004 13:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speak for yourself
Automatic Purchase here i come!

LOL

IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 02, 2004 14:23     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A suggestion for Voivod: How bout doing something (as opposed to virtually nothing). Thrashing peers such as Death Angel, Kreator, & even Exodus all have mucho shit going down, yet the Voivod machine remains quiet. Bah.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 02, 2004 15:00     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to admit to not really caring. Hopefully it'll be something good, but if not, no big deal.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 02, 2004 15:11     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ocular intrusion:
I thought their old bass player is back with WASP?

Right, right, Browny Nutless from WASP.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 02, 2004 15:49     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
It's simple...

*bring back Korgull
*re-build his weapons

Yep, gets my vote

TO THE DEATH!!!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 02, 2004 16:21     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listened through Phobos at ear-blistering volume today while driving home from our summer cottage, and it still gave me the chill down my spine. I like the s/t, but Phobos is a masterpiece if you ask me. Voivod can be psychedelic, progressive and crushing at the same time at their best, and I hope they catch that vibe again on the next one!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 02, 2004 20:10     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Continue the VOIVOD's saga where it left from PHOBOS!

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2004 22:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
fuck off !!!

...And Die???

--------------------

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted August 03, 2004 05:16     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish they'll focus on the music totally.
I'm dreaming about futuristic, symphonical and dramatic music (like on Dimension H.), with healthy weirdness and originality.
Sigh.

--------------------

What the...?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 03, 2004 05:23     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mondays suck
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 03, 2004 08:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod should go with seven-strings downtuned chugga chugga yo-yo motherfucker hop up and down crap. They haven't tried that yet.

But on a more serious note:

quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
I listened through Phobos at ear-blistering volume today while driving home from our summer cottage, and it still gave me the chill down my spine. I like the s/t, but Phobos is a masterpiece if you ask me. Voivod can be psychedelic, progressive and crushing at the same time at their best, and I hope they catch that vibe again on the next one!

You are 100% correct. Spine-chilling heavy psychedelia. I couldn't have said it better.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 03, 2004 20:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
A suggestion for Voivod: How bout doing something (as opposed to virtually nothing). Thrashing peers such as Death Angel, Kreator, & even Exodus all have mucho shit going down, yet the Voivod machine remains quiet. Bah.

Preach it, brother!

btw, i bought that Cyberhome Ch300 dvd thingy. I hate it. Heh. I'll test it better tomorrow.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 03, 2004 23:41     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy should try guitar-synth for that cheesy 80's sound (Iron Maiden : Somewhere in Time)

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 04, 2004 08:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
Piggy should try guitar-synth for that cheesy 80's sound (Iron Maiden : Somewhere in Time)

Or even better:

TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Judas fookin' Priest

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 04, 2004 17:05     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm your turbo lover, tell me there's no other
I'm your turbo lover, better run for cover

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 04, 2004 18:13     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just cant get over how GREAT of a job Voivod did on '21st Century Schizoid Man'

Its better than some of the Originals i have heard from KC.

If Voivod do any more Covers...it should be theyre own choice.
It would be good to hear another though.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 04, 2004 20:10     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
suggestion: Play in Abq. again!!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 05, 2004 11:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Voivod should go with seven-strings downtuned chugga chugga yo-yo motherfucker hop up and down crap. They haven't tried that yet.

That is funny as hell!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 05, 2004 17:08     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
That is funny as hell!

I just had an unpleasant flash of Snake rapping.

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted August 05, 2004 17:19     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Suggestion to Voivod: Just come over to europe and do a couple of gigs in Sweden....
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 06, 2004 01:48     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
I just had an unpleasant flash of Snake rapping.

...unpleasant flash of Snake wrapping?
Is there a new Trojan product that I don't know about?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan