my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I love Hirax

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I love Hirax
Dan-Hell
VoivodFan
Member # 333

posted July 23, 2004 16:56     Profile for Dan-Hell   Email Dan-Hell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best group in the world

--------------------

dan-hell

|  IP: Logged
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 23, 2004 19:32     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you ever hear their old, pre-Hate, Fear and Power material? Their original guitarist posts on a guitar forum I frequent and he had a few demos they recorded way back when. They were more like Maiden and that Katon dude's vocals were much more Halford-ish (but not as good of course just lots of high-pitched screaming).

Anyway, it's over Hirax, just let it go.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 24, 2004 12:35     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hirax are not over, they just resleased a new record called : The New Age of Terror.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted July 25, 2004 14:50     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to like "Hate, Fear and Power", but I haven't listened to Hirax for over a decade now. I think Katon is one of the few black vocalists in the metal scene. Can you guys think of other names?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 26, 2004 08:27     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Eddy:
I think Katon is one of the few black vocalists in the metal scene. Can you guys think of other names?

Corey Glover, Living Colour

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 26, 2004 09:48     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr Eddy are you brazilian?
What about Sepultura ...

Derrik Green

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 26, 2004 10:59     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Hirax are not over, they just resleased a new record called : The New Age of Terror.

Their music isn't over but that leather look on a bunch of 40 year old guys is over. They were one of the first bands that I remember hearing who played blast beats, I just never liked his vocals.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 26, 2004 11:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
Mr Eddy are you brazilian?
What about Sepultura ...

He said METAL vocalists, not some Bad Brains wannabe.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 26, 2004 12:26     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of which, Bad Brains may fall on the hardcore/punk end of the spectrum here, but they did indeed rage!

I was fortunate enough to get to see the brifely reunited original lineup in '95 just a few shows before HR slammed some hecklers with a mic stand and they once again disbanded. HR may have been one of the most unique vocalists of the era.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted July 28, 2004 08:32     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bad brains are still alive with HR
They ve toured in the USa and released a live album under the name SOUL BRAINS - really good stuff as usual !

About HIRAX, the last cd is not soo bad, much more in power thrash than before and less crossover songs... I ilke katon's voice !

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 05, 2004 03:53     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Speaking of which, Bad Brains may fall on the hardcore/punk end of the spectrum here, but they did indeed rage!

I was fortunate enough to get to see the brifely reunited original lineup in '95 just a few shows before HR slammed some hecklers with a mic stand and they once again disbanded. HR may have been one of the most unique vocalists of the era.

Indeed! HR is the greatest. I got to hang with him and his Human Rights band and boy can they smoke, on and off the stage!

Helix? Are they still around?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Rendezvous with anus
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 486

posted September 13, 2004 11:27     Profile for Rendezvous with anus   Email Rendezvous with anus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LIGHTNING THUNDER!!!!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan