my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Work is Brutal (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Work is Brutal
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 22, 2004 07:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
UGHHHHHH...8 Hours of misery ahead...sitting behind a desk staring at a screen...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Am I alone here?
 |  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 22, 2004 08:00     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here dude.
Except i get to get on the net and pester everyone at VVF all day.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted July 22, 2004 09:16     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 22, 2004 09:34     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

"Ummmmm...yeahhh...I'm gonna need you to come in on Saaaturday..."

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 22, 2004 10:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An update:

While leaning back in my chair to check the fax machine my chair flipped back on me and I cut my wrist on the trashcan. The day keeps getting better and better.

Hey Corpse, where was that quote from? I was having that same stapler debate last week with a coworker.

Okay, back to my FMLA reports.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! 6 hours and counting...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 22, 2004 12:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Work sucks.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 22, 2004 15:08     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
An update:

While leaning back in my chair to check the fax machine my chair flipped back on me and I cut my wrist on the trashcan. The day keeps getting better and better.

Oh man, I'm sorry Mez, but there's something funny about people falling off of their chairs. Yeah, today is my birthday and I'm at work. This breaks my yearly tradition of having my birthday off. Thanks for the laugh, Mezcalhead!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 22, 2004 15:23     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems as though that all of you have inside desk jobs...that alone, WOULD drive me fricken nuts!

Of course, I am also one to complain: if it's too hot and sunny, or too cold and rainy, I really start to hate life...I actually like those gray overcast days myself!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 22, 2004 15:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only 8 hours? You're lucky. My shifts are 11 hours minimum, staring at 5 screens.

Yesterday I walked in at 5 pm to find out the database locked up at 2:30pm and we had to boot the system with it still up. It took 2 hours to rebuild the cache. Nobody could buy tickets ANYWHERE in western Canada for that time. Then it just got better with balancing issues, more crashes and general shit. By the time I walked out the door at 4:30am, all I could think about was bed. Never a dull moment.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 22, 2004 16:45     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tim: "Team Leader don't mean anything mate"
Gareth: "Excuse me, it means I'm leader of a team"
Tim: "No it doesn't. It's a title someone's given you to get you to do something they don't want to do for free - it's like making the div kid at school milk monitor. No one respects it"
Gareth: "Er I think they do"
Tim: "No they don't Gareth"
Gareth: "Er yes they do, cos if people were rude to me then I used to give them their milk last... so it was warm."

-----------------

"There’s good news and bad news. The bad news is Neil will be taking over both branches and some of you will lose your jobs… On a more positive note the good news is I’ve been promoted - so every cloud… you’re still thinking about the bad news aren’t you?"

-----------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 22, 2004 17:28     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HANG THE BOSS

Hang the boss (6x)
That will be no fukkin' loss
Hang the boss (6x)

Let's go all to his office
Get him off his desk
Pull the tie around his neck
And hang him 'till he's dead

Hang the boss (6x)
Hang the boss (6x)
That will be no fukkin'
llllloooooooeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh!!!

(adapted from Nuke Assault's "Hang the pope").

Those are my exact feelings today.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 22, 2004 17:35     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I got to say is that you are lucky that your junk wasn't hanging out when you fell over, Mez. It could have been a lot worse
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 22, 2004 18:12     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OUCH!

Just thinking about the possibility of that happening to me makes me go all pale and dizzy...from now on I must avoid office chairs at all costs if I'm naked at work...

hyperGRRRRL!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 22, 2004 18:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats exactly the way i feel about my boss too Slaytanic.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 22, 2004 20:02     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
All I got to say is that you are lucky that your junk wasn't hanging out when you fell over, Mez. It could have been a lot worse

GOLD

warcorpse, you need "the office" on dvd.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 23, 2004 01:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just finished a 9AM to Midnight shift... 15 hours and I have NO FUCKIN CLUE why I on the internet NOW!!! I should sleep because I have another 14 or 15 Friday Saturday & Sunday (Wednesday was 14 hours, and Monday I put in 6.5 at the job and about 3.5 helping a local artist in the orning finish some framing for a show he is mailing to Nantucket).

I do love my job (for the most part) so it make all the hours during summer a bit bearable... if I can keep this pace til the end of September without dying, I'll be happy

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 23, 2004 01:36     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bill Lumbergh Soundboard
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 23, 2004 04:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xXniaXx:
[QBwarcorpse, you need "the office" on dvd.[/QB]

Everyone needs the office on dvd. Inspirational. Did they show the one-off xmas special on your side of the pond? It ties up all the loose ends brilliantly.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 23, 2004 11:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Everyone needs the office on dvd. Inspirational. Did they show the one-off xmas special on your side of the pond? It ties up all the loose ends brilliantly.

corpse, i meant the british series. the specials can be found on soulseek/kazaa. i jsut got them actually, have to watch them this weekend.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 23, 2004 11:49     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Be prepared to wince in humiliating pain! That final episode is a blinder. I hear they're re-making it for the american market though. Can't see that being any good!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 23, 2004 12:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've heard the specials are pretty good, now i'm really looking forward to it.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 23, 2004 14:12     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I have 2 1/2 weeks off now, so I'm very happy

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Dan-Hell
VoivodFan
Member # 333

posted July 23, 2004 15:50     Profile for Dan-Hell   Email Dan-Hell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
C'est moi le boss à ma job.

--------------------

dan-hell

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 23, 2004 19:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

Damn, you're a perv HyperBabe! When am I gonna find a woman who appreciates me for my mind instead of just my body????

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 23, 2004 19:42     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't mind my job. I like being able to pay my bills and still have a little something left to waste on "frivolous" things. I also like my coworkers...well, most of them...and much as I might bitch about my boss, I like him too. You might say we've gotten used to one another over the years.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan