my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » snoozefest 04

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: snoozefest 04
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted July 14, 2004 19:44     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got 2 tix in the third row for free. Im going. I'll bring a review and let you guys know whats up.

I dont know, I still may sell them.

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 15, 2004 07:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomsawyer:
I got 2 tix in the third row for free. Im going. I'll bring a review and let you guys know whats up.

I dont know, I still may sell them.

Why did you post this? This is complete non-information to me. "i have tickets for free and i'll let you know but maybe not çause i might sell them...........

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 16, 2004 12:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is something relevant that gets at what Tom was talking about......

OzzfestOpinion

Good article. Glad to see he's got a new column over at MetalSludge.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 18, 2004 10:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seeing Black Sabbath back together and Judas Priest a snooze? Hmmmmm OK.

--------------------

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted July 19, 2004 20:47     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright, first off if I could have sold these two tickets in two days, I would have. I need a couple of hundred bucks more than I needed to go to the show. (Mortgage ect.)

I walked into the second stage as Lamb of God was almost finished with their last song. I was pissed I missed them because they sounded really good.

Hatebreed came out suprisingly fast. They were great. They were tight and the pit was as fun as ever. The funny thing was the girls were vicious. No shit. I enjoyed every minute of their set.

I don't know if Hatebreed was so good, but I found Slipknot a little boring. I can't say I'm a fan of theirs, I felt like I was watching a video rather than a concert.

I skipped on BLS and most of Superjoint (just reform Pantera already!) I needed to drink, sorry. I was really close to the stage.

Dimmu Borgir was silly for a lack of a better word.

Then, Slayer. wow. Great set. It was a little weird watching them in the daylight, but they played a song off every album. Highlights were South of Heaven, Dead Skin Mask, Reign in Blood, Chemical Warfare, and Die by the Sword. (going to the Jagrmeister tour for sure)

Judas Priest. There is one rule which should always be the followed. NO DISCO BALL ON THE STAGE OF A METAL SHOW! Let me say this, when they came out with "Turbo" I was really angry. "Not Priest, a glam metal band?" I swore off them when that record came out.

After a few years I got over my resentment and ended up going to see them the last time they toured with Halford. I think Megadeth opened. They were great that night, all of the favorites.

Here I am, quite a few years later, waiting for the METAL GODS (which they played) and its the same set, only I felt like it was flat and dull. Just my opinion. They did all the favs (notible exception of The Ripper)

I don't know if I have gotten too old, or they're too old, or a little of both. I did not enjoy their set. Most of the other old fucks at the show did, so judge for yourself.

Black Sabbath. If you have never seen them play together live then go to this Ozzfest. All of these guys are going in my death pool. <WOW> Still, seeing them is still cool. If you have had a chance to see them reformed in the last few years - nothing new here. I was hoping for a "Never say Die" or "Lord of this World" or some other obscure Sabbath song, but no luck.

So thats my opinion, for what it's worth. I wouldn't recommend paying to see it. I would much rather catch Slayer and Hatebreed in clubs headlining and playing full sets.

The choice is yours.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 19, 2004 21:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great review Sawyer. Thanks.

I understand about the mortgage and shit....HEY at least you saw some bands you haven't seen in a while.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan