my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » KILLINGS MY BUSINESS vs RIDE THE LIGHTNING (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: KILLINGS MY BUSINESS vs RIDE THE LIGHTNING
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 14, 2004 13:34       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a tough decision.

Killings my Business VS Ride the Lightning

it's vey close for me because i love both of these albums very much.

I wsa just wondering after reading the new megadeth thread

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 14, 2004 13:37       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh,i picked both of those album because thats what i consider to be there best.
IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 14, 2004 13:45     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killing is my business is my choice. These boots alone makes that record i think.
But Fight fire with fire is a good one, hmmm.

If you had put in Master Of Mullets instead i would've voted for Metallica.

It's great to see Dave back in good shape

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 14, 2004 13:49     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd go for 'Ride The Lightning'. That and 'Master Of Puppets' were 'tallica at their prime. In all other cases, however, I would choose for Megadeth.

Nowadays I would choose for ANY other band than 'tallica.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 14, 2004 14:30     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride the Lightning (old 'tallica is old 'tallica)
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 14, 2004 14:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride The Lightning.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 14, 2004 17:25     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Among The Living

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 14, 2004 17:35     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
War And Pain

Ride the lightning gets my vote - but technically this is a no lose situation for Dave Mustaine - he was a musical contributor to most of that album anyway!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 14, 2004 17:49     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride the Lightning.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 14, 2004 18:10     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thats Ride the Lightning all century long.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted July 14, 2004 19:34     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride The Lightbulb

4 sure dude!

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted July 14, 2004 19:35     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride The Lightning

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 14, 2004 21:28     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride the Lightning all the way...it's one of the best metal album of all time. Killing is good but it can't stand the comparison IMO.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 15, 2004 00:22     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to go with Ride the Lightning, but that remaster of Killing... is really good, much better than the original. I always knew Gar was an amazing drummer, but now that we can hear him (on the remaster) it's even more clear how good he was. Samuelson, Poland and Mustaine, it was too good to last.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 15, 2004 00:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KILLING IS BY BUISNESS...AND BUISNESS IS GOOD

Way better writting, playing, singing, drumming. Mustaine and the boys were way more talented than Jamez and Co. There's this weird jazzy thrash feel to Killing that nobody has duplicated. There's tons of Metallica clones but I've never really heard anyone that reminds me of Megadeth.... totally original.

I just listened to both of these albums at work today (before I knew about this poll)and even though Creeping Death is one of my all time fav Metallica tunes, the album as a whole doesn't stand up K.I.M.B.

obviously I'm the only one so far that feels that way... but fuck it, I'm used to being alone

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 15, 2004 01:05     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good points there Schroeder. I'll have to say it's a tie. Only because I laughed my ass off when I first heard RTL! It was the funniest shit I ever heard, "Grunt, grunt, grunt grunt grunt" Fight fire with fire! hahahahahaha That and Whiplash made me laugh and wanna smash the library's tape recorder in high skool.
Then I came to my senses when MOP was released and went back and listened to Megadeth and they rocked, after I stopped laughing!
It's a tie

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 15, 2004 10:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Y'know Sluggy, I've always admired your memory. I don't remember when I first heard Ride the Lightening. I'll go with RTL.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 15, 2004 10:40     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about a RIP VS MOP?

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 15, 2004 10:50     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride the Fucking Lightning!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 15, 2004 10:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride the Lightning... I always prefered 'Peace Sells' to 'Killing' anyway.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 15, 2004 11:29     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride ze Lightning...
I even like it better than MOP!
and like h, I always prefered Peace Sells to Killing...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 15, 2004 12:21     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would think it's more fair to compare 2nd releases with 2nd releases, meaning Peace Sells vs. Ride the Lightening. Only because, no matter what the background of the band members, when guys get together for the first time, first albums always sound like first albums.
But in keeping to this topic, I think I have to choose Ride the Lightening, but it's mostly for nostalgia's sake. I didn't get into Megadeth until Peace Sells came out. By that time, I was already digging Ride. And yes, creeping death is a great track, as is Fire, but for me, Trapped under Ice is the most under appreciated Metallica song. Great track!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 15, 2004 13:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ride the Lightning. It set the standard for all thrash metal to come. KIMB, even being a masterpiece, set the standard for Peace Sells.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 15, 2004 18:18     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta agree with most here...

Riding the Storm Out by REO Speedwaggon.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 15, 2004 21:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'ride the lightning'

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan