my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Mastodon "Leviathan" Release Date! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Mastodon "Leviathan" Release Date!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 07, 2004 16:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
8/31/04

Scribble it on your calendar, clear time out from the day! Tell your friends! Tell George, your naighbour's pet tortoise! For verily, it shall crush!

[/excitement]

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 07, 2004 18:30     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha! Lyc, that's great news...2004 becomes a bit better again!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 08, 2004 03:26     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 08, 2004 10:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES...right around the corner. Is there a more important, distinctive and stimulating band in metal right now? Possibly Enslaved or Death Angel. I can't think of any others. Oh how could I forget....Dimmu Borgir.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 08, 2004 10:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
YES...right around the corner. Is there a more important, distinctive and stimulating band in metal right now? Possibly Enslaved or Death Angel. I can't think of any others. Oh how could I forget....Dimmu Borgir.

I could think of OPETH. Very stimulating to me....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 08, 2004 10:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He Mastodon lovers:

See my post about Dynamo openair concerts !!!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 08, 2004 11:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Mastodon will be in ABQ on August 18th. For some fucked up reason, they will be on the same bill as Soulfly, Fear Factory (yes!!), and one other band I can't remember who.
I hate when bands get stuffed onto one night's bill because they'll be in town on one night.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 08, 2004 12:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you seen Mastadon play before Luna? I'm telling ya, they are gonna blow those other two groups out of the water. Soulfly?? Man, its gonna be pathetic. I sure as hell hope this isn't some national tour. If I have to endure those two just to watch Mastadon I'm gonna cry. Let me guess, Soulfly is headlining???
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 08, 2004 18:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guessed right Mezcalhead, Soulfly is headlining. Over Fear Factory?!? Come-the-fuck-on losers! Oh well. Yes, I've fortunately seen Mastodon twice and damn they are quite amazing. They are such friendly dudes too.

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 08, 2004 21:49     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you check their site, Mez, it looks like ABQ is the only show that includes Soulfly, the rest of the tour is just with Fear Factory. Unless of course they're just forgetting to mention Soulfly....

Mastodon Tour Dates

Of course they're not coming to Seattle at all. Why would they want to come here? They only recorded the album here! After a sold-out fantastic show!

...bastards

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 09, 2004 12:22     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be nabbing one of these on day of release! Boo-ya!

BTW, has anybody checked out the 7" picture disc for sale on Mastodon's site?

Track Listing:
1.Slick leg
2.Thank you for this
3.Deep sea creature

I ordered one directly from the label, Reptilian Records, and they shipped the next day. $6.00 post-paid! I'm hoping it gets here quick as I'm anxious to check it out. Anybody have this already? Seems like a nice filler to tide one over until the new album is released.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 10, 2004 15:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm...may try to hook up with Mr. Cthon and catch them in Charlotte. Thongo what thinks ye? And no mention of either of those "other" bands. Shewwwwwwwwwwwww.........Thanks Meg for the link.

Yes, that picture disc is a must have for sure XD. I'm ordering.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 10, 2004 16:26     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that totally sucks, MadMeg. I'm guessing the bands just happened to have dates fall on the same night, so whomever promotes the shows here just stuck them all together on one bill. Which is lame, because the Sunshine sucks, especially for a band like Mastodon. I would love it if Fear Factory actually headlined here for once.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 11, 2004 17:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Hmmm...may try to hook up with Mr. Cthon and catch them in Charlotte. Thongo what thinks ye? And no mention of either of those "other" bands. Shewwwwwwwwwwwww.........

Apart from Fear Factory, which is probably the most important/influential metal band that came out in the last ten years. You've been listening to too much jazz, my dear friend...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 11, 2004 17:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh sure, back to the topic, I'm also eagerly awaiting for the new Mastodon! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get this tour here...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 13, 2004 10:02     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, I found this file, it comes from a 2-track promo CD for The Dillinger Escape Plan's new album, Miss Machine (which is fuckin great too!)

3-_Mastodon_-_Blood_&_Thunder.mp3

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 14, 2004 12:12     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting that tune neutrino! Damn I cannot wait for this album to hit the stores!

An update on that picture disc... I received mine a couple of days ago and it is truly a worthy purchase!

All three songs (recorded in 2000) are utterly insane Mastodon-quality jams unavailable on any other albums. The recording is great! Raw, full, solid, and somewhat different in tone than 'Lifesblood' or 'Remission', I mean this in a good way! Finally, the picture disc has that cool artwork and is made of a nice thick slab of vinyl.

I ripped mine to cd last night and can't seem to stop listening to it! A great little record, not to mention collector's item! Recommended!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted July 14, 2004 12:16     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These 3 tunes are ace, XD!!!

Did anyone else see the footage of the entire Leviathan album from Mastodon's tour with Clutch? I made a VCD right after it was posted but I can't find it!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 04, 2004 12:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't have "Leviathan" yet, but I just found this on eBay and just HAD to get it

LETHARGY

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 04, 2004 12:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah! A Mastodon post. Caught these boys live for the fourth time a couple of weeks ago. They were so fucking tight. I guess that's what you get from constant touring. Fucking killer band.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 04, 2004 20:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I feel like an idiot now. Thanks Hex! lol

Honestly though, I did look at their BNR entry a while back but I didn't care to look up "Sulaco", plus I never would have thought they had that CD anyways. Oh well

--------------------

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted November 09, 2004 23:26     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Lethargy CD is *well* worth checking out. It's everything they ever recorded.

It's nice to see that Brann's success with Mastodon is leading people to hear about Lethargy. I always thought they were brilliant and way, way ahead of their time. I miss them.

But at least we got Mastodon and Sulaco out of the split.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted November 09, 2004 23:50     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mastodon destroyed the north end of Columbus last night on one of their nights off the Slayer tour. I struck up some drum conversation with Brann and then started talking old metal. He's been spinning Killing Technology lately. haha
They did a killer cover of The Bit by the Melvins.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 10, 2004 10:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I may actually be able to swing two HUGE shows in Atlanta the last week in November. Cannibal Corpse, Kataklysm, Napalm Death Monday night and then Slayer@Mastodon on Turkey night three days later. HOLY SHAZAMMMMMMMMMMMM.

You guys will have to read my Leviathan review which will soon be posted at metallive.nl. I'll keep you updated.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 10, 2004 10:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to say, warcorpse, I like the first cd better. But, to listen to Mastodon without having seen them live...I can understand not "getting" what they're all about. I find some of the second cd just plain, I don't know, plain?
You have to watch the drummer live, holy jeebus! That guy is outrageous.
But I guess one could say for most bands, the energy and uniqueness comes alive when they're blasting into your face in a nice smallish club...while drinking heavily.

Oh gawd no! Was it the booze all this time?!?!?

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan