my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Searching for BANDS to appear on an early VOIVOD Tribute

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Searching for BANDS to appear on an early VOIVOD Tribute
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 07, 2004 05:40     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
not me personally, but Ive taken it from there (go to "tape-trade forum" for contact info)...

quote:
NIHILISTIC HOLOCAUST is searching for bands to appear on a sampler, to cover only the earlier VOĎVOD material! When this band was playing fukk off Death thrash metal mayhem!
The covered songs would have to be taken from the "War an pain" Lp or earlier Demo recordings! To revive the early days of Fukking death!

I want only Brutal, nasty, speed as fukk covers, Total thrash or Death metal! Don't ask me why there can't be covers taken from the following VOĎVOD Lps.

The production would have to be decent, at least 8 tracks recorded.

It would probably be released as a tape or a CDr.

well... finalë!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 08, 2004 00:56     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just tell me when its done.

--------------------

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted July 08, 2004 08:57     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know the guy behind this "tribute"..
He has already done a Godflesh tribute ....

For my point of view, the problem is that the idea is good but the way he will handle this is completely unprofessional.

The band (Voivod) will not be asked for authorization or for selecting the "covering bands".

The tribute will only be availbale on CDR with a small booklet...

The deal for the "covering band" is simple, send me a song, you will get 10 copies of the CDR-tribute and that's it ...

Then, this guy will sell the tribute for 10 euros and get the money in !

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 15, 2004 13:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it's no spam, apparently...

quote:
From Blabbermouth:
E-FORCE, NOMINON, DECEASED To Appear On VOIVOD Tribute - July 15, 2004

E-FORCE, NOMINON, MAUSOLEUM, CHEMIKILLER, DECEASED and ORDER FROM CHAOS are among the bands that will reportedly appear on an upcoming tribute to early VOIVOD, tentatively due before the end of the year through France's Nihilistic Holocaust Records. NOMINON's version of "Live For Violence", taken from VOIVOD's debut album, "War And Pain", will be recorded this weekend at a Swedish studio. More information will be made available soon.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted July 15, 2004 18:41     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes metal heads!!!!I have been asked to be involved...The song??? WAR and PAIN!!!!
IT WILL BE HEAVY AS FUCK !!NO WORRIES....

As I have said before ,it was an honour and priviledge to be a part of VOIVOD....
I would not be were I am today if it were not for RIFF MASTER -P and AWAY....

P.S. PROJECT:FAILING FLESH....sept 6th KARMAGEDDEN rec.,E-FORCE "EVIL FORCES''
check it out you will not be dissapointed
TRUST MOI!!!!
CHEERS
ERIC

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 15, 2004 20:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news!

Cant wait to hear it Eric!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 15, 2004 21:28     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eric... what the fuck is up man \m/

great news, this is going to be all new recordings correct ? i hope we get it early because i will be over at King's beating down his door.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan