my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » It's about time Slayer did this: (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: It's about time Slayer did this:
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 05, 2004 22:48     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Tom Araya, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman and Dave Lombardo will perform the masterpiece Reign in Blood album, live in its entirety, to be made available for the first time on DVD, coming this Fall, 2004."

http://www.ozzfest.com/bio/slayer.html

Fuck yeah!!!

Does anyone know if they're also playing the entire RIB album for this year's Ozzfest as well?

It would be killer if they did, as I missed their "Jager-tour" last time when they performed it.

If they do, I might consider going this time...especially with Halford with Priest, and Bill Ward back on with Sabbath

To tell you the truth, I've never seen an Ozzfest, and had never planned to until now.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 05, 2004 23:19     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmm, I don't think it'll be worth it to get bugged the hell out of thousands of nu-metal kids.

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 06, 2004 02:50     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As much as I love RIB I would kill to see an entire pre-RIB set. There are a lot of great songs on the first two and a half records that they don't play live anymore.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 06, 2004 10:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with both NoErc and Anthony. I'll wait for the dvd.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 06, 2004 10:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like the man once said: I'll buy that for a dollar.... infact I'll probably buy it for 20 quid. Gotta say they were blinding last time I saw them.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 06, 2004 10:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Call me stupid, but I'll be attending this year's Ozzfest. As for those "nu-metal" kids, I seriously doubt they'll be in attendance as much, or as willing for this year's fantastic line-up. Even so, fuck em, they won't ruin my chance to see Priest, Slayer, Lamb of God and Sabbath. The only woe for me is the hot, hot, fuckin' hot SUN beating down on me. But I managed to make it through last year's Ozzfest just fine, AND I saw Voivod. C'mon you bunch of metal heads...just GO!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 09, 2004 05:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
pooring out in slow motion....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 09, 2004 08:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a thought: what if some other thrash band we know (that i won't name) played in its entirety one of their classic album live, like, say, Killing Technology or Dimension Hatross (note: i didn't name any band, those are album titles i made up to give you exemples), wouldn't that be great and really really please the fans of said thrash band?

Just my 0.02$

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 15, 2004 00:55     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh hell yes! Fake blood everywhere is fun unless you are the fool that has to mop the shit up! Remember GWAR in 90-91 Luna?
I'm thinking they'll end the show like the movie "Carrie", only it would have to be "Kerry"!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 15, 2004 02:43     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
I'm thinking they'll end the show like the movie "Carrie", only it would have to be "Kerry"!

HAHA!!!

And I think their Ozzfest set will be totally different from the previous yearlong embarkment: IE no RIB. They do play Necrophiliac I've heard

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 15, 2004 07:35     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Oh hell yes! Fake blood everywhere is fun unless you are the fool that has to mop the shit up! Remember GWAR in 90-91 Luna?

Why not have real blood...and impailed sheep heads too?
You know, like Gorgoroth did in Poland.
Bet it smelled like a slaughterhouse in there.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 15, 2004 12:57     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
that will be a lot of blood.

He shoots, he scores!

quote:
SLAYER: Raining Blood — Literally - July 15, 2004

SLAYER fan site Slayer Saves has posted a review of the group's July 11 show in Augusta, Maine, which was filmed for an upcoming live DVD, entitled "Reign in Blood Live: Still Reigning". As previously reported, the disc will feature a full performance of the 1986 album "Reign in Blood" by all original members of the veteran thrash metal outfit. The DVD, due on September 28, will have an approximate 75-minute running time and will retail for $14.98. An excerpt from the Slayer Saves review follows:

"The band took a short encore pause from 'Angel of Death' to 'Piece by Piece', same as they did on the Jager tour. Blood rained from the lighting rig upon the beginning of 'Raining Blood' soaking Tom and bloodying Kerry (Jeff avoided the bulk of the blood). The only adverse result of the blood was it killed the sound of Dave's cymbals for the end of the song when once again it poured blood soaking everything including the drums. The effect was quite striking and the crowd was blown away. A blood soaked Tom addressed the cheering crowd with a sneering smile and the words 'We'll see you in HELL.' Comments from people leaving the venue were positive and I think the show was received extremely well. The blood effect was amazing and worth every penny alone".

Now THAT's a DVD worth having!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 15, 2004 15:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Yes! I do remember that show. What a fucking bummer that was.
"Kerry" That is damned funner, Slug. Where the hell have you been lately?

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 15, 2004 16:53     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Yes! I do remember that show. What a fucking bummer that was.
"Kerry" That is damned funner, Slug. Where the hell have you been lately?

Why was it a bummer? Cleaning? I remember having to put out their soaking wet costumes to dry in the sun and the giant meat grinder - that was was pretty gross, but I don't remember having to clean

OzzFest for me is on the 27th. Is Slayer actually going to play RIB on this tour? Whatever, I'm still looking forward to seeing them

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 15, 2004 18:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

Is Slayer actually going to play RIB on this tour?

NO. Try reading the thread.

They only get 30 minutes.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 15, 2004 18:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
Now THAT's a DVD worth having!

BLOODY RIGHT!

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 16, 2004 13:11     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear delusion:
NO. Try reading the thread.

They only get 30 minutes.

RIB total play time: 28:52....so they could play it in 30 minutes with just a few seconds to breath in between songs!

to you too

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 16, 2004 15:48     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
RIB total play time: 28:52....so they could play it in 30 minutes with just a few seconds to breath in between songs!

to you too

Haha. They don't need to breathe as they are Lucifer's demons, no oxygen needed in Hell! What with all that fire sucking the oxygen out of that Hellhole I'm sure Beeazulbobby and his minions have adapted and evolved. Can't wait for Priest and Sabbath!!!! I'm cutting my hair into a mullet just for the occasion!
Luna, where the hell have you been!?! I have your mail, not male!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 16, 2004 17:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Can't wait for Priest and Sabbath!!!! I'm cutting my hair into a mullet just for the occasion!

ROTFL!!!

Hahahaha, I think this is the best quote of the year so far!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 17, 2004 14:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I the only one who thinks that Luna, Hypergrrl and Slugbutt are the same person? Those pics were posted just to throw us off.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 18, 2004 00:47     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Am I the only one who thinks that Luna, Hypergrrl and Slugbutt are the same person? Those pics were posted just to throw us off.

Hmmm...
I guess the meds aren't helping me, us. It's not easy dealing with this madness. Everyday it's something new from these voices and I really feel the need to put an end to it once and for all. Damn the drugs, damn the dr's, I'm taking things into my own hands, err, our own h ands. And I studdder! We studder. Yes that is what I meant. D'oh, 'we' meant! Luna says high, and boy is she high right now. I'm glad one of us is! Too bad about Marlon Brando.
..."the horror, the horror."

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 18, 2004 10:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL.

I was wrong about Slayer's set time, they play about 50 minutes according to the Ozzfest site and shows already played. So they have a little more time to breathe between songs now

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 19, 2004 10:08     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

Yes, it's amazing what you can do with photoshop!!!

By the way, I received for my birthday this weekend the promotional vinyl for TOL with Lost Machine and Jack Luminous!! Very cool. I also got Vicitms Family's Voltage and Violets on vinyl too. She also made me two t-shirts with iron-ons that say "Voivodian Whore" to go along with my 'business' cards! She used the font from the last record with that mask thingy on the cover.

It's kind of funny when you have friends who have not idea what Voivod is all about and yet the keep making you very cool Voivod 'merchandise'!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 20, 2004 14:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Luna, where the hell have you been!?!

In your head, bro, in your head!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 20, 2004 14:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hmmm...
I guess the meds aren't helping me, us. It's not easy dealing with this madness. Everyday it's something new from these voices and I really feel the need to put an end to it once and for all. Damn the drugs, damn the dr's, I'm taking things into my own hands, err, our own h ands. And I studdder! We studder. Yes that is what I meant. D'oh, 'we' meant! Luna says high, and boy is she high right now. I'm glad one of us is! Too bad about Marlon Brando.
..."the horror, the horror."

Hahahahahaha!!!!!! See, I knew I was right!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan