my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Danzig knocked out

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Danzig knocked out
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 04, 2004 13:14     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Suppose he's getting old...

From Blabbermouth.net:

DANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig allegedly got into a scuffle with NORTH SIDE KINGS singer and frequent SOULFLY collaborator Danny Marianinho following DANZIG's performance in Tuba City, Arizona Saturday night (July 3). The following is Marianinho's official statement regarding the incident, as sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Before crazy rumors begin to spread I would like to explain what happened:

"NORTH SIDE KINGS (web site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and RAPID FIRE would have to play 'after' his set. Whatever — we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

"Needless to say, as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on the lights and DANZIG's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his 'rock star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling 'Fuck you, motherfucker,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did — and I hoped Glenn Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

"I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds..."

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 04, 2004 17:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
guidon! So close to the Prologue in Belgium? And then you report about a Danzig knock out in, of all places, TUBA CITY, AZ?!?
Fuckin' a, dude. Home of the braves, land of the not-so-free.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 05, 2004 15:33     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
guidon! So close to the Prologue in Belgium? And then you report about a Danzig knock out in, of all places, TUBA CITY, AZ?!?
Fuckin' a, dude. Home of the braves, land of the not-so-free.

Important things first...

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 06, 2004 19:14     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.themetalshow.com/danzig.mpg

Video is out.

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 06, 2004 19:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think the song "You're Still An Asshole" is gonna be BIGGGGGGGG hit, dudes.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 06, 2004 20:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was watching the 101 best Knock Outs in UK boxing today, but this beats them all!!!

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 07, 2004 00:07     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't imagine why GD would psycho like that when the guy was not really being too confrontational. I wonder if there's more to this story than what we see in the vid?
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted July 07, 2004 15:07     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is great. Danzigs always been an asshole as far as Im concerned - couldnt have happened to a bigger douche bag.
And of course all of the danzig bitches just had to say "cheap shot", that was a clean punch! Way too funny.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 08, 2004 11:27     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just received an email from a friend who was at that show. He didn't see the brawl, but saw Danzig staggering around with a bloody lip. Ha ha! He says it can be viewed at www.azpunk.com, as well.
Danzig

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 11, 2004 13:07     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, WTF!!??
Neither of your links work. I've GOT TO SEE THIS.

UPDATE: Got it. That was super-deluxe. Thanks.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 11, 2004 20:39     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, conspiracy theory time-
due to the -
a)weak-ass fake punch
b)fake-ass badly acted argument
c)fake-ass Danzig crawling on the floor bit and
d)way too horribly opportunistic obligatory video camera and later film collage....

im thinking this was rigged. Danzig is gonna call this guy out on some rasslin' program...then this guy and his crew (who we've never heard of til now...and doesnt that douchebag look like a rassler?) are gonna come and beat Danzig down.....only at the last minute.....the RASSLIN MISFITS come to save his old ass. so to repay them, Danzig rejoins the Misfits.

or maybe not. but i can wish, right?

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 18, 2004 00:58     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We applaude the ass-kicking Danzig got! They (he) suck(s)! Funny that this takes place in Tuba! hahaha Life on the rez baby! You know why it's called Tuba City?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 18, 2004 10:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there an active link anywhere still??

Hey Cthon I sorta thought it looked staged from another version I saw before but then after I thought about it Danzig wouldn't let it look like he got his ass kicked for nothing HAHA.

I think it's bullshit the guy knocked him out and really did it for the film crew, Danzig shoulda been more prepared but even if Danzig woulda fucked him up guess who would end up getting sued?

--------------------

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 18, 2004 12:03     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.azpunk.com/

Danzig video right here.

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 02, 2004 17:03     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 02, 2004 17:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
rotfl

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2004 22:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that is funny as hell, but then again it is really childish and gay. Fuck Northside Kings

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan