my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tour de France!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tour de France!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 03, 2004 15:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not only is July my birthday month, but also the month of the greatest bicycle race...viva le tour.

Pro Cycling

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 03, 2004 16:30     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go Lance!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 03, 2004 17:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree. I'm pissed we have NO local coverage of the Tour. I don't have satellite or cable, so I'm screwed and will have to follow the tour online or in the paper....wahhhhh!

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 03, 2004 18:18     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I agree. I'm pissed we have NO local coverage of the Tour. I don't have satellite or cable, so I'm screwed and will have to follow the tour online or in the paper....wahhhhh!

I think the only US channel running it is OLN which, of course, I don't have.

Go Lance!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 03, 2004 19:47     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nahh! Men in tight shorts...YUCK!!!

Give me Wimbledon any time!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 03, 2004 19:50     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have OLN. They're not just running coverage - they've got it live first thing in the morning, then immediate replay, then about halfway through the day another replay, then "expanded" coverage in the evenings (for those of us who have to work and can't watch the live coverage in the morning).

They've shown the Prologue 4 times already today.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 03, 2004 19:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am pissed too.

Coverage of good sports in America SUCKS!
If you dont have Cable TV...and even then its bad.

Oh...but you can sure get NASCAR all day!...
Cars going in circles for 3 hours. Such skill they have.

Or...how about Golf! Now there's excitement! lol!

Meanwhile all the GOOD Sports are missed.
Like Football, Formula 1, Rally Car, Hockey (for the most part), TOUR DE FRANCE.

Its one of the reasons i look forward to moving to Europe.

GO LANCE!!! (again)

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 04, 2004 06:52     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking forward to this one too. Was considering going to the prologue because it's only a 45 minute drive but didn't go eventually...
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 04, 2004 17:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MadMeg! OLN is the shit! I'm at the old man's friends house and we watched some of the 2nd Stage...rainy. I guess I'll have to seek out the local sports bars. I am truly fucked...however, my birthday-Ladies and Gentlemen(?) is July 22nd. Mark your calendars.
Looking forward to some PMS, MadMeg!

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 04, 2004 20:16     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You'll be gettin' a double dose, Ms. Luna. Have no fear! (Or perhaps I should say be afraid...be very very afraid....)

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 22, 2004 02:40     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Nahh! Men in tight shorts...YUCK!!!

Give me Wimbledon any time!

Boing!!
She would look great in that alien helmet Lance is wearing!
Looks like he is on his way to get his 6th!
Yay! U-S-A! U-S-A!

GO LANCE!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 22, 2004 07:50     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All he has to do is to hold the line now.
No crashes or anything bad.

I found it pretty shitty the way some of the crowd were acting toward him the other day.
But i guess thats to be expected.

My biggest fear is that someone in the crowd will try to make him wreck.
They get a little too close to the riders for comfort.

GO LANCE!!!

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 22, 2004 09:08     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There you are number 6

Nothing "bad" is going to happen.

Lance will win cause he's the best...even if some stupid accident happens...he's still the best, he has nothing to prove to anyone, he already did that the last 5 tours.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 22, 2004 12:44     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lance wins again today! What is that, 3 stages in a row? Plus one in the Pyrenees? And the team time trial? I think that's his personal best for stage wins in one tour!

BTW, happy birthday Luna! Your present will be a day or two late, but I got it in the mail yesterday so you should get it soon.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 22, 2004 14:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lance will win because he takes steroids.

i kid!!! i honestly don't think he does, or has, he's only been tested about a billion times.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 22, 2004 15:05     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
xXniaXx...ha ha. Yes, the 'roids are responsible. I think it was David Letterman the other night who said, why don't they all just be allowed to take performance enhancement drugs and break records everywhere.

I'm sad I have seen but one stage of this year's Tour... . Thanks MadMeg! I'm pissed I have to work on my birthday.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 22, 2004 15:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
luna you can watch the stage highlights on the internaut.
http://ww2.olntv.com/tdf04/04tdfvideo.html

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 22, 2004 16:11     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This has to be his best tour ever. The difference between him and the others in the top 10 have never been that big...
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 22, 2004 20:42     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

I'm sad I have seen but one stage of this year's Tour... . Thanks MadMeg! I'm pissed I have to work on my birthday.

Take this to make you smile

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 22, 2004 21:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday Luna!

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 22, 2004 21:56     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Endurance athletes don't use steroids like football players do. They use artificial means to increase their red blood cell count. A popular way to do that now is the Cancer drug EPO. The old method was the rider donating a pint of blood to himself, wait a few days for the blood to be replentished and then have the donated pint pumped back in to increase the cell count. I can't imagine, after all lance has been through, that he would resort to these means to win a race. He has a great team, he knows his strengths and he trains specifically for the Tour.

I wonder if he would have let the German guy take today's stage if the German fans had not spit on him yesterday. Lance ran that guy down...

and one more Go Lance! even though he doesn't need it anymore.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 22, 2004 22:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:

I wonder if he would have let the German guy take today's stage if the German fans had not spit on him yesterday. Lance ran that guy down...

no. lance is there to win. and as hinault said "no gifts."

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 23, 2004 04:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't he stuffing that Sheryl Crow at the moment?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 23, 2004 23:13     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Isn't he stuffing that Sheryl Crow at the moment?

That would be affirmative, h.

LANCE ALL THE WAY!!!!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan