my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Nuclear War

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nuclear War
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 02, 2004 15:04       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been listen to the many different version of this song,one of my all time favorite,and i was wondering which one is everybodies favorite.

1)the original release
2)the remastered release(from the boxset)
3)Eric singing it on Kronik
4)Eric singing it on Lives(it is different from Kronik)
5) any version i dont know about-if there is any.

IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 02, 2004 16:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The version that Black Cloud did at the Thrashback weekend, hands down. Dual Vokills!!
 |  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 02, 2004 19:19     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey skul, have you checked your email?
i would love to hear that recording if you have one.

quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
which one is everybodies favorite.

i still have to pick up the boxed set, but for now i still like the orig.

\m/nuclearfuckinwwaaaarrrrR\m/

oh yeah this weekend fo sure !

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 03, 2004 02:13     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna have to say the original. I love the remaster, but the original CD just has certain nuances to the sound that are...well, not missing, but different on the remaster. My ears are used to it, and the subtle differences really come through on my old stereo.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 07, 2004 06:46     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it will have to be the original release, I still dig that very strong feeling when listening to it... I have yet to listen to the re-master...

it will be a studio version for me, anytime over live versions because they didnt do the last part of the song onstage (I'm really hot tonight, for my last ride etc.)...

that said, I'm very fond of the versions that were played during the '86 US tour with Celtic Frost and that from 6/13/86 in Long Beach, CA is a total fukking blaster, so much for the original feel of the song though (intended as a march innit?)...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 15, 2004 02:50     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My question is why don't they ever play the "ending" part of it LIVE???

--------------------

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 16, 2004 04:58     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no idea...
luckily they did it a couple times in the ol'days...
San Antonio, TX 6/21/86 is a fine example...
and I'm listening to it right now

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan