my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Bah!! The Ramones Curse Continues

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bah!! The Ramones Curse Continues
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 16, 2004 11:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Report: RAMONES Guitarist Battling Prostate Cancer - June 15, 2004

Rolling Stone magazine is reporting that RAMONES guitarist Johnny Ramone is in a Los Angeles hospital battling prostate cancer. "Johnny's been a champ in confronting this, but at this point I think the chances are slim," drummer Marky Ramone told the magazine. "John never smoked cigarettes, he wasn't a heavy drinker and he was always into his health. It just proves when cancer seeks a body to penetrate, it doesn't matter how healthy you are or how unhealthy you are. It just seeps in and there's nothing you can do."

Johnny Ramone, 55, whose real name is John Cummings, was diagnosed with prostate cancer four years ago, and it has now spread throughout his body, Rollingstone.com quoted Marky Ramone as saying.

"I've been getting so much email from people and from papers and magazines wanting to know what was up I had to take it upon myself to say something, because eventually John won't be in any condition to say or do anything," Marky said. "He went through many chemotherapy treatments. Some of it worked better than others. At this point [the cancer] has started to go into other areas of the body."

RAMONES' singer, Joey Ramone (born Jeff Hyman), died in 2001 of lymphatic cancer, while bassist Dee Dee Ramone (Douglas Colvin) died from a drug overdose the following year.

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 16, 2004 12:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read this terrible news this morning. I wouldn't say it's ONLY a Ramones curse, since all of the important people in the rock/metal scene are dying lately. And a great majority of cancer victims, coincidentially.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 16, 2004 22:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another legend on the edge... that SUCKS.

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 17, 2004 00:40     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be "cremated"

I know, I know...that was low.

But sometimes you just have to look into the face of death, and laugh. I'm so sick of hearing bad news.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan