my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Death Angel Schroeder (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Death Angel Schroeder
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted June 23, 2004 23:08     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you much, man! Check your mail.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 24, 2004 10:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
Good deed gone good here.Just needed to buy a good dvd player!

seriously enjoying the DEATH ANGEL dvd now.

But, seriously, I can't complain since I did get to see the real deal in May! So fuck you Panasonic, fuckin' arses!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 30, 2004 10:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey David.... thanks so much for the cd, man. It came in this morning. As i pretty much expected, my player doesnt want it (i got a "no disc" message) but i'm going to Quebec City this sunday (to see Infernal Majesty!) so i'll drop it off at my bud's place so he'll take it apart and convert it to NTSC or whatever it needs to be done to get it to work. I'm still thankful anyway because even if the dvdr wont work, my friend and I get a free education (if any of us run across another dvdr with the same problem, we'll know what to do).

So thanks again, man. ( i couldve emailed you but since that thread's already going....)

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted June 30, 2004 10:42     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
(to see Infernal Majesty!)

How about a review when you get back?

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 30, 2004 10:46     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... 'course i'll write about it. It's not 100% sure i'm going, but it's a good 98%.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 01, 2004 01:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skulhead, glad you received it and I hope you are able to watch it, somehow.

Greg, you should be getting your copy any day now. I played your copy in my dvd player with no problem before I mailed it.

--------------------

yawn

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted July 01, 2004 07:35     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep! I just went for the mail and it came this morning! Thank you, pal. I can't thank you enough for sending this and it plays just fine for me.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 01, 2004 09:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greg, David... what kinda players you guys have?

I took the dvdr to one of my buds, he's got one of these big ol' bulky players from years ago (back when they used to cost like 500$). It doesnt even play mp3s, vcd's, anything. Just DVD's. Anyway, i put the Death Angel dvd it in, and i made to the 2nd screen (the nuclear blast logo) then it'd turn off by itself.. like "what the hell did you just give me?". But the little i seen of it, the dvdr is obviously in PAL... all these lines and shaking and jittering.

I'm definately due for a newer one... like those cheap ones that'll play anything yo throw at 'em. Probably later this summer. I'm saving my current cash for the shows i'm going to see in the next few weeks.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 01, 2004 11:09       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats what my dvd player did and my Playstation 2 did it too,then i won a memorex dvd,mp3 vcd player at an auction and it plays everything and i mean EVERYTHING.It's even playing region 2 stuff.I love this dvd player.
IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 01, 2004 14:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LE...when we say cheap what are we talking about? I'd spend fifty dollars just to watch this dvd.
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted July 01, 2004 22:37     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Oritron DVD player (trash, btw) in the living room wouldn't play the disc. However, my $49 Apex player that I hacked to be region free plays it like a champ. I worked on that machine for days trying to rid it of the terrible vibrating noise inherent with this model but I had to get used to it.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 02, 2004 00:47       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry i really cant help you on the price because i dont know.I got this at a breast cancer auction so i dont know the original price but i only paid fifty bucks for it and i was told that was close to the price.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 05, 2004 01:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PIONEER DV 563A
Incredible machine!!!
It does it all, and I mean everything!!!
You can buy this a lot less than the MSP at lots of stores. I think I picked mine up for around $169.00, and worth every cent. Features that units twice as much have, and an amazing picture, incredible sound, pretty quick transistions.

Sorry to those I sent this to that can't watch it. I checked the copies and they played fine. There is no mention as to if the dvd is in PAL or NTSC but it was from Germany, so I guess it could be PAL.

--------------------

yawn

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 05, 2004 16:50     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
region free dvd players or how to hack them
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 05, 2004 23:34     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Cyberhome CH-300 dvd players are possibly the best bang for you buck. They are progressive-scan, play both PAL and NTSC dvds, vcds, mp3 discs, (even mpeg vids on cd-roms), and are hackable to play ANY-region specific discs! How much you ask? Though it's $45 now, I've seen them on sale at Radioshack for as low as $25, brand new.

Radio Shack link

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 05, 2004 23:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna try to get one of these Cyberhome ones. I wonder if i could get 'em from the local Radio Shack... i'll definately check.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 06, 2004 01:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GODDAMN, X-D that's incredible!!!

It even handle DTS, Dolby Digital, etc!!!

Never woulda thought to buy any real electronic equipment from Radio Shack (always thought it was cheap) but that might be too good to pass up. I'll keep that in mind when I move... a player in every room at that price!!!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 06, 2004 10:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Radio Shack, huh? For $25!! What a smokin' deal. Hey, Schroeder, I still haven't found a dvd player to watch tha darn thing. But, I have two copies...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 06, 2004 20:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Radio Shack, huh? For $25!! What a smokin' deal. Hey, Schroeder, I still haven't found a dvd player to watch tha darn thing. But, I have two copies...

Take it to Radio Shack and watch it there!!!! You've got questions they've got answers!!!

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 06, 2004 20:49       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Watching it again,thanks Schroeder
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 08, 2004 11:30     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Take it to Radio Shack and watch it there!!!! You've got questions they've got answers!!!

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 08, 2004 12:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shroeder's got something comin' in the mail for him, too.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan