my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Death Angel Schroeder (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Death Angel Schroeder
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 12, 2004 20:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the dvd.I've never heard Death Angel but i will definately be checking it out.
IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 12, 2004 22:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope ya like it.
If not pass it on to someone else.

Just thought I'd send it your way as a THANX for the War and Pain box set.

peace out

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 13, 2004 10:59     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally missed them playing on the Roof of the Tower Records U2 style.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 13, 2004 15:06       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just checked it out and if was fuckin fantastic!

But...

...you didnt have to send me a thank you gift for the boxset because the boxset was a thank you for the cd tranfer stuff you did for me.I never heard of a thank you thank you gift.

Anyway i had to go over to my parent to watch the dvd.For some reason both of my dvd players wouldnt play it but my parents played it fine.I think i need to buy a better dvd player and dump my junk one.Course one of them is a Playstation 2 and i'll probably hold on to that.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 13, 2004 15:25       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Were did you get this dvd from? I cant find it listed anywere.
I tried looking it up at a couple different place to get a track listing and found nothing.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 13, 2004 23:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least you were able to share the experience with your folks... I hope they liked it also.

It's from the limited edition boxset import of THE ART OF DYING which I had to order from Nuclear Blast in Germany to get a copy of it. I saw one of the box sets being sold for $200.00 on Ebay when it was released. There was a link on the official Death Angel site that took you directly to the Nuclear Blast site. I also got a copy of the double red vinyl of the new album from them just to make the shipping cost worthwhile. I ended up spending around $75.00 for both the cd/dvd boxset, and the vinyl.

OK, don't consider it a 'thanks for the thank you', just ejoy it!!!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 17, 2004 13:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroeder! Thanks for going the so-called "extra mile". Now...how about you designing the 'ol voivodfan.com t-shirts. Just make sure to print some in small sizes, or the 'ol 'baby doll' tee, so I can squeeze my own bloody beer gut into it.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 18, 2004 07:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a cool T shirt, there should be something warcorpse has already created for this site that would look awesome. But the problem would be the cost of printing them in such a small number and having the right size shirts for each person. An iron-on could be created in high dpi that people could just print out onto a tranfer and have ironed on to a shirt. That would be the least expensive way to go.

BTW Luna, your new dvd posted yesterday. I hope you saved the original sleeve I created.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 20, 2004 21:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder YOU RULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I had wanted to buy that one from DA.com but just didn't have the extra cash. You made my entire week, month, year....etc... MegaHella THANKS!!! I can't wait to watch it!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 21, 2004 13:26       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and now i can watch it every day.I just bought a new dvd player that plays everything(mp3's,vcd,dvd-r,cd-r,cd-rw)

It wasnt very cheap.It was a charity auction for breast cancer.I bid on a bunch of stuff but only won 3 items but it was for a good cause and well worth it.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 21, 2004 13:52     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that dvd a live gig? If so i want one.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 21, 2004 16:29       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Live gig it is! plus bonus stuff.

Damn this dvd player also plays region 2 stuff!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 21, 2004 16:46     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dave! I humbly thank you for this wonderful dvd! I haven't been around too much lately but I wanted to jump online here and thank you man! What a great suprise! You do indeed rule!

Yes Skul, you want this! I'd make ya a copy but I'd have to send you a dvd player to play it too. I need to get me a computer burner...

Thanks again Dave!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 21, 2004 16:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha. Well, if David is so inclined to do one, i'll let 'im!

My dvd player didnt like your dvdrs, sadly, Mike. And yes, it's cuz they were made with that standalone Cyberhome thing, cuz my player plays every other dvdrs (made with pc's).

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 21, 2004 21:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skulhead, I'll send one out to you asap. I wasn't sure if you'd be able to watch it in the great white north.

It was my pleasure everyone... glad to spread a bit of visual thrash from the old school masters that can still KILL AS ONE!!!

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 21, 2004 22:17     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, there shouldnt be a problem, since both the US and Canada fall under Region 1. Plus if it's a cloned copy of the original, then it's garanteed to play on my rig.

Thank you so much, man. You wouldnt believe how much i appreciate it!

You still got my addy n' stuff, right?

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted June 22, 2004 00:35     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered this import version from Century JUST so I could get the DVD as well and they sent me the American version and they won't take my return after I opened it. Nuts.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 22, 2004 10:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skully, if you've still got the same DVD player that I got(remember the one you recommended to me)forget it. Shroeder save your stamps. I was crying last night. I was so pissed off. You would think that with the NEW TECHNOLOGY TODAY all dvd players made would be region free. Not the case sir. Still much thanks Dave for sending me that. You are the man and I won't forget it.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 22, 2004 10:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo ScHrOeDeR...sorry to say, the 2nd dvd-r doesn't work on my Panasonic piece of shit. It's doing the same thing, a line is running continuously throughout the entire show. Sorta like I need to adjust the tracking. Any ideas, anyone?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 22, 2004 11:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhhh..... that DVD must be in PAL then. Sucks. Yah i still have the RV32, Mez.

Tho i could still get it, and have a friend of mine take it apart (extract the actual concert from it), convert it to NTSC, and re-author it (burn it again). But i dont know if it's worth all the extra hassle. Or fuck it, i'll just buy a new DVD player.... one of those cheap arse Magnasonic ones for 50$... apparently they'll play all kinds of formats. The Panasonic isnt shit, tho. It's just like most "bigger names" machines: it's strictly Region1/NTSC only, and there's no way to hack 'em (believe me, i tried). Worse case scenario, i'll give it to my aforementionned friend (Seb) and he'll vcd-it for me (dvd-drives on PC's will play anything regardless if it's pal or whatever).

Nuclear Blast changed their ways apparently. They used to release their dvd's region free AND NTSC (pal compatible) worldwide (like the S.O.D. dvd, Death live in LA, etc). Now they release separate pal and ntsc versions. Assholes.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted June 22, 2004 11:15     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd be forever grateful if someone would hook me up with a copy of this live show!
I don't usually feel greedy about all the good shit we pass around here but I need to see this.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 23, 2004 05:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My sincere apologies to those who can't watch this dvd. Just my luck... a good deed gone bad!!!
The menu on the original is a bit touchy and doesn't always do what you want, but when I checked the copies I made on my player the video and audio were perfect.

Greg, send me a personal email with your address, and Skulhead, I have your address if you still want to give it a try just let me know.

Once again... SORRY... I was really hoping to be able to share this with some friends.

I used 321 Studios DVD Rescue to make the copies and have used it for some major released dvds with no problems. Aside from the Backup Screen you see at the beginning of playing the copy, it makes perfect duplicates.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 23, 2004 08:42     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schro, yah man i'll give it a shot! I'm not one to take "no" for an answer too well, especially not from a piece of plastic!
So bring it on, and thanks again.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 23, 2004 08:49       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good deed gone good here.Just needed to buy a good dvd player!

seriously enjoying the DEATH ANGEL dvd now.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 23, 2004 22:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
Good deed gone good here.Just needed to buy a good dvd player!

seriously enjoying the DEATH ANGEL dvd now.

I GLAD SOMEONE I SENT IT TO CAN WATCH IT!!!
ENJOY !!!

Got ya covered Skul. If I get a chance to burn off a copy before I leave for work tomorrow, I will... otherwise my next day off isn't til Monday... but I will send ya one.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan