my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » MadMeg Appreciation Thread (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: MadMeg Appreciation Thread
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 29, 2004 01:26     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just kidding...sometimes my "male-hormones" get in the way of things!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 29, 2004 10:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice quote LEGION!!

I love the Lee Marvin song... my old man has it burned onto a compilation cd somewhere and that song is the best. The music is great to listen to at work...that's what is playing NOW!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 29, 2004 11:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What is so wrong about seven-string guitars?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 29, 2004 11:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
What is so wrong about seven-string guitars?

I guess there's no problems with seven string guitars. The problem is with the "downtuned chugga chugga yo-yo motherfucker hop up and down crap".

I have a problem with that too, if you wanna know.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 29, 2004 11:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
I guess there's no problems with seven string guitars. The problem is with the "downtuned chugga chugga yo-yo motherfucker hop up and down crap".

I have a problem with that too, if you wanna know.

Hmmm, I dunno. Still: Morbid Angel is downtuned since forever, and also a marvelous band. The good old Metallica were the kings of chugga chugga. Judas Priest are widely known to have ups and downs in their career, just like a yo-yo, and I don't think they need any introduction. Twisted Sister's fans have always been "sick motherfuckers" and proud of it. Fear Factory have been hopping up and down since the Demanufacture days, and all's well.

So...

Oh, okay, now I got it, sorry. I don't like crap as well.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 29, 2004 12:03     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twisted Fucking Sister are playing in London on Sunday - and I'm gonna be front and centre! They better play 'Destroyer' and 'You Can't Stop Rock 'n' roll'!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 29, 2004 12:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Twisted Fucking Sister are playing in London on Sunday - and I'm gonna be front and centre! They better play 'Destroyer' and 'You Can't Stop Rock 'n' roll'!!!

Hey, Harry, yell "I'm a sick muthafucka" for me at the show, will ya?

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 03, 2004 01:38     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Ah, Khanate. Some of my coworkers have asked me not to play Khanate at work anymore. It was scaring them.

HAHAHA!! They need to be force-fed some Old Lady Drivers next. Lo Flux Tube would be perfectomundo.
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
BTW, I have just recently noticed the tracklisting for PMS 1 appears to have some errors on it. For one thing it's 4 tracks short (and no, it's not just missing the last 4 tracks). Have fun figuring out which ones are missing!

OMG WTF did I do? This is what happens when I try to do this kind of complex shit on someone else's computer. I will have to investigate this & post the fix for those who want it. (or something)

Very sorry about that everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I love the Lee Marvin song... my old man has it burned onto a compilation cd somewhere and that song is the best. The music is great to listen to at work...that's what is playing NOW!!

You totally rule just for even bringing up that song. That is a personal fave, and I often catch myself attempting to sing it as low as ol' Lee. (close, but not quite)

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 03, 2004 02:23     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
OMG WTF did I do? This is what happens when I try to do this kind of complex shit on someone else's computer. I will have to investigate this & post the fix for those who want it. (or something)

Well, if you're going to investigate you should have all the facts: The tracklisting you gave me for disk 1 has 25 tracks, while there are 29 on the cd. Also, 2 of the songs listed are not actually present, but have been replaced by...well...other tracks.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 03, 2004 04:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
Hey, Harry, yell "I'm a sick muthafucka" for me at the show, will ya?

It was done - about 700 times!!! Quality entertainment.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 03, 2004 12:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
It was done - about 700 times!!! Quality entertainment.

Cool! Thanks a lot, sir, that was really appreciated, since it's kinda unlikely for them to tour here.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 04, 2005 14:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bringing back MadMeg Appreciation Thread in hopes of soliciting some "chat"....

How's the cold? Is it a goner yet?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 04, 2005 15:42     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Mad Meg, I haven't heard any of these comps. Being a total computer retard & on the other side of the world from you.. how?
Happy New Year

--------------------

String em up

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 04, 2005 16:55     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Bringing back MadMeg Appreciation Thread in hopes of soliciting some "chat"....

How's the cold? Is it a goner yet?

Hey Luna! Jeez, and here I thought I was fiending for the chat. The cold is still here, but not as bad as it was. My ever so kind boss gave us a 4-day weekend for the New Year (he couldn't decide whether to give us Friday or Monday off, so he went with both), and I slept through most of it. That, combined with several gallons of tea with honey, a few college football games (meh), a few World Junior hockey games (better than nothing), and about 14 books seems to have me on the road to recovery.

Hope your New Year was as fun as mine was. (Actually, New Year's Eve wasn't bad at all, despite the cold and no alcohol.)

quote:
Hi Mad Meg, I haven't heard any of these comps. Being a total computer retard & on the other side of the world from you.. how?
Happy New Year

Send me your address (my email is in my profile) and I'll send you a copy. The PMS compilations are Tangento's brainchild, so if you're interested in seeing what kind of music is on them check his web siteTangento.net

I don't necessarily promise prompt delivery, just ask Legion and Heimdall who are still waiting after several months. I haven't forgotten, guys, I just never remember when I'm in a place where I can buy more cdrs! This is getting embarrassing though. I hope neither of you guys have moved....

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 04, 2005 19:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he he...yea, New Year's Eve turned out to be a bright evening star with plenty of beer and food. We had friends over to our house, so I thought that was a great way to have a combo Welcome 2005/Housewarming party.

Anyhoo. Must get outta the office!

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted January 05, 2005 00:41       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meg,thanks for your help a while back with getting my pictures back so i can look at them.
I finally got it fixed.I have a computer fix-it friend who was away on Vacation but just got back yesterday anyway this is what i did.
I clicked on the picture to highlight it then i hit the shift key,then i right clicked on the picture.The "Open With" option appeared in the menu(it wasnt showing up before) then i checked the square on the bottom to "use this program all the time" and looked for internet explorer to open the picture.That opened the picture and switched all my pictures over at the same time so now they all open when i click on them just how they were before.
So if you ever run into this problem again you can pass this along and see if it helps.
Thanks again.

IP: Logged

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan