my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » MadMeg Appreciation Thread (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: MadMeg Appreciation Thread
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 02, 2004 09:08     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would just like to publicly praise & THANK this wonderful woman for all she has done, which has been way above and beyond what I could have ever asked - in helping to spread out the PMS site compilation CDs I created a while back.

I know that some of you who recieved them are possibly not all that 'enthused' about the music on there, but the stuff is not meant to be an easy listen. These CDs are for angrily shoving into the car stereo on a long road trip when all else has failed, or for whenever you're just sitting around & need to force-feed your brain something abnormal, challenging and/ or just flat-out weird.

Anyway, regardless of what you think of the music, please recognize that Meg put a great deal of time and effort - not to mention her own materials and money - into getting these things out to you all during my recent 'tough times'.

BTW, for those that are enjoying them, please let Meg or myself know if you would like to recieve Vols. 1 & 2 and/ or the next two volumes - 5 & 6. (which will actually be 2 discs each) Hopefully, I will be able to churn them out real soon here.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 02, 2004 09:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hooray for Meg! Let's make her turn red!

Being a PMS fan myself, I can tell you all of you Voivodfans that you should check these comps, get them from Tangento or Meg, and cherish them for the rest of your life, for they are filled with beautiful/weird/great music.

And *yes* I will love to have vol. 5 & 6, thank you very much!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 02, 2004 09:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I love Meg!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 02, 2004 09:59     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes!
You'll bring the hat and i'll fix the tea

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 02, 2004 10:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, my name is Marco, and I love Meg, simply becase SHE RUUUUUUUUUULES!!!

I received the PMS Comps from her as well, loved them and am waiting eagerly for vols. 5 & 6.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 02, 2004 11:55     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Meg is ultra-cool!!!! She also set me up with those PMS comps as well! Very nice and thank to you both as a lot of work obviously went into creating these! Thanks MEG!

Tangento, please sign me up for more of these puppys man! They are slow to sink in but I am very much enjoying the challenge! Thank you!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 02, 2004 12:25     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hex:
Meg, you rule.

Tango, I enjoyed PMS 3&4, but are not weird enough for my tastes make the next ones more mind-crushing.
And come to chat more often, you could learn how well people score at "guess that pms" game.

This is what I like to hear! Not weird enough? BOOO-YA!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. There is one thing I ask: if you guys & gals could just jot down your favorite tracks, music styles and/ or artists, either here or via a quick email, that would really help me determine what sort of stuff will go on future discs. (especially you, Hex - I love a challenge)

And yeah, I'm sorry I missed these little 'discussions' in the chat. I will have to drop by more often.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 02, 2004 13:22     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay Meg!

I really, really liked 3+4. A lot of it is music I probably wouldn't have encountered without it, and for that I'm thankful. I am awaiting with baited breath the promised content of 5+6.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 02, 2004 17:29     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh dear...I don't know if my face is red from embarrassment or from holding in gales of laughter at all the PMS talk here. (I especially like "PMS fan" and "guess that PMS" - ROTFL)

Anyway, you are all welcome, it was my pleasure!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 03, 2004 10:06     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like Tangento once said : "Meg is one in a million"

Ps: Received the things today...

MEG RULES

And yes Tangento, those PMS comps are great, they just need more chikens, elphants farting...mixed with nuns singing...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 03, 2004 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Would still like a copy over here in the fucking desert, so I can throw some love your way-MadMeg & Tangento.
"I enjoyed PMS..."

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 03, 2004 11:07     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Email me your address then. I gotta have an address before I can mail anything y'know.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 03, 2004 14:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
those PMS comps are great

PMS comps? Or is it PMS cramps?

--------------------

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 03, 2004 14:50     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Comps - abbreviaton for compilations

or where you thinking about Premenstrual Syndrome Cramps?!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 03, 2004 15:00     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hailz to Megz!

Hailz to Tangento!

Hailz to PMS!

Hailz, Hailz, Hailz!!!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 03, 2004 16:18     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 03, 2004 16:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha-ha!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 04, 2004 23:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well although I did not ask for or receive this PMS compilation, I still appreciate Meg for being a cool person.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 05, 2004 19:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All Hail the MEGSTER!!!!!!!!!!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 24, 2004 16:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Received a shit-ton of PMS in the 'ol mailbox on Friday. Thank you Meg & Tangento. Good stuff. I've been wanting something a bit askew lately.

Much love and praise, jah love motherfuckers!

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 28, 2004 04:03     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks once more to Meg and Tangento for the latest PMS shipments which I received on Monday. Great stuff guys, I can't describe how appreciative I am!

Especial big thanks for Khanate, Meg.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 28, 2004 12:00     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, Khanate. Some of my coworkers have asked me not to play Khanate at work anymore. It was scaring them.

BTW, I have just recently noticed the tracklisting for PMS 1 appears to have some errors on it. For one thing it's 4 tracks short (and no, it's not just missing the last 4 tracks). Have fun figuring out which ones are missing!

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 28, 2004 17:41     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just received PMS 1 and 2. Lots of thank yous to both Tangento and Meg!!!!

NP: Thought Industry: Mods Carve the Pig

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 28, 2004 23:04     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
where the fuck are mine at?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 29, 2004 00:10     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well...since you ask so politely....

I require at minimum a mailing address. Email me.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan