my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What new releases or tours are you waiting for? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: What new releases or tours are you waiting for?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 26, 2004 20:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just curious to hear what new cdss that are coming out this year that everyone is anxiosly awaiting.

If you know any release dates post them also.

I of course am dying for the new PORCUPINE TREE cd that will be out in the fall followed by a tour. They have been keeping the fans busy with remastered/extended recordings and plenty of side projects music.

Hoping the Exodus/Death Angel tour comes close (is this a reality or was it a rumour?).

New King Crimson should be unleashed this year also, and I'm wondering how that will sound. They've done the last couple in a similar vein, so I'm thinking they will probably toss something new into the sound like they usually do.

Still hoping MORDRED records something, but I haven't heard anything concrete.

After hearing KICK THE CHAIR, I'm stoked for a new MEGADETH.

Almost forgot, and a big THANKS to 'anything' for pointing this one out: new LAST CRACK!!! I downloaded SIREN SONG from their site and they sound like they are picking up where they left off with "Burning Time".

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 26, 2004 21:03       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DANZIG-CIRCLE OF SNAKE(it was suppose to come out June 22 but i think it's been pushed back to Aug.I want this mostly because Tommy Victor of PRONG is playing lead guitar for the whole album.)

METAL CHURCH-WEIGHT OF THE WORLD (JULY 27TH)

EXCITER-CLASSICS(not sure what this is yet but its either a re-release of the old stuff or the new band playing the old stuff.)

AGNOSTIC FRONT-ANOTHER VOICE(TBA)

MEGADETH-re-release and remix of the first 7 albums but i am only intrested in "PEACE SELLS" & "SO FAR SO GOOD".I already have "KILLING IS MY BUSINESS" remastered.Didnt like anything after that.

Also heard the new SCORPIONS and at first listen hated it but after a few more listens i think it is one of the best they've done in almost 20 yrs.so i plan to buy it .

Also waiting on new MSG.Schenker is doing a 30th anniversary cd and he is reuniting with all of the singers he has ever had for new stuff and old stuff but this wont be ready till around Christmas.Also in June a dvd of this years MSG tour which was fuckin great.

ACCUSED-ARCHIVES CD
HYMNS OF THE DERANGED CD
and a new album yet to be named are all in the works for release this year.

and i'm very much hoping VOIVOD will release something new this year and several remastered cd's this year also.

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 26, 2004 21:07       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forgot the tours.I would love to see METAL CHURCH,E-FORCE AND DORO in Cleveland June 5th but the tickets are to much and i cant get the money in time but i do plan to see
BLACK SABBATH
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
BLS

all at the same show if i can raise the cash in time.Also hoping for some other cool shows to come around.

IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 26, 2004 21:54     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sry off topic, but... schroeder did you pick up the Satriani release from last month? titled (is there love in space?) there are a few tracks with vocals too.

satrianiDOTcom

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 26, 2004 23:46     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hoping Dream Theater comes to San Francisco again, and does a better setlist than the crap we got last time. We didn't even get a proper finale because of video problems, I want my Change of Season damnit!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 27, 2004 01:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Celtic Frost i hope they'll come out with that "PROBE" album at last. Although Aardschok does not mention it anymore in the "to expect new releases".....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 27, 2004 04:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
sry off topic, but... schroeder did you pick up the Satriani release from last month? titled (is there love in space?) there are a few tracks with vocals too.

satrianiDOTcom

OF COURSE I DID!!! I even got my copy thru Sony, AUTOGRAPHED by Satch !!!

--------------------

yawn

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 27, 2004 06:57     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SAMAEL - new
THERION - Sirius B
...those 2 should tour together in oct/nov 2004 and they will play right next to my door, I am really looking forward to this show!
MISANTHROPE - boxset + dvd
VOĻVOD - depserately waiting for the "missing link", the one they sould of issued after Nothingface
CELTIC FROST - more + more hypothetical as time goes

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 27, 2004 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still hasn't bought the W&P reissue yet, so i can't wait to put my hands on it (the precioussss). As for a new Vod, well, my hopes are low.

Can't wait to hear the new JUDAS FUCKIN' PRIEST, hope it's gonna be the proper follow-up to Painkilla!

Slightly off-topic here: has anyone bought/saw the Ween cd/dvd "Live in Chicago"? Worth the buy?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 27, 2004 10:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new Priest album AND tour (from what I've heard on a couple of boots from the last Halford tour, the Metal God's voice seems to be weakening, but still it's goddamn Priest, so I'm willing for it).

Morbid Angel live with Krisiun, hopefully in July.

The new Slayer, just to check out whether they left their "nu-metal" influences behind.

A Voivod comeback (if you understand what I MEAN ).

The new Celtic Frost album.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted May 27, 2004 10:43     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May 25th - release date for the new Skinny Puppy titled, The Greater Wrong of the Right. I'll be seeing them on June 20 & 21, can't wait. Anyone know who is in the band now?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 27, 2004 10:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shows : Violent Femmes au Festival D'Été (july 10th) in QUebec City, and Mononc Serge & Anonymus at the same festival a week later.

Albums: none.

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted May 27, 2004 11:28     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reverend Horton Heat - "Revival" (it will be out around late June)
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted May 27, 2004 11:31     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Celtic Frost: this year? next year? never?
aussi,
prochaine Voivod

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 27, 2004 12:30     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Albums :
New Voivod-album
Napalm Death - Leaders, Not Followers 2 (out in the summer)
Venomous Concept - Retroactive Abortion (ordered it but still hasn't arrived yet)

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 27, 2004 13:03     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Rammstein should be out sometime in September. Other than that, I have no idea.

As for tours....new Rammstein album means new Rammstein tour, but if the album's not out until September they may not make it to North America until 2005. For now, I have tix for Skinny Puppy in a couple weeks and Rush in July. Especially looking forward to Rush, I must say.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 27, 2004 13:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Eddy:
Reverend Horton Heat - "Revival" (it will be out around late June)

Just added another one to my list...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 27, 2004 14:38     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so far the only show Im planning on going to is Hellfest 04 in nj
http://www.hellfest.com/

I dont know if there will be anything else that will peak my curiosity.

I doubt it.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 27, 2004 14:42     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cryptopsy. Strapping Young Lad DVD. Anyone who can bother to tour near me, and not on an exam day. Bastards.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 27, 2004 15:05     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Albums:

Judas Priest
Voivod
Slayer
Death Angel (still haven't picked it up yet!)

Tours:

...ah what's the point. Nobody comes around here. Actually, there are a few shows coming that I am sort of looking forward to.
Sparta is next week, W.A.S.P. in August and Cannibal Corpse & Black Dahlia Murder on July 14.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 27, 2004 15:26     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not too much. Rumors say there's a new Enslaved album coming towards the end of this year. That, at least, could be interesting since 'Below The Lights' was my favourite album of 2003. I don't hope too hard this one is gonna be just as good. Hopes are deceptive. I'm curious, however.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 27, 2004 15:59     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
[QBI listened to the album. I'm not sure I want it on CD. Maybe I will buy it for completeness sake, but this is NOT Skinny Puppy, it's very different music. The guys are just capitalizing on the name. I'm bitter.
[/QB]

If you really don't want to spend money on it you can always d/l it on www.simplemp3s.com

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted May 27, 2004 19:10     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bolt Thrower !

also Venomous Concept, Napalm, Cryptopsy and Priest

Shows:
Exodus/Vader/Malevolent Creation in june
(oh shit, I realized I just missed Fantomas ! they were playing here tonight and I fucked up!!!
BTW, they're playing in London tomorrow, with Flat Earth Society and Kid 606)

... EOLB / The Hidden Hand in july!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 27, 2004 21:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot about the new Judas Priest!!! I've been going JP crazy lately since the boxset came out with the dvd!!!

New END OF LEVEL BOSS!!! That'll be on my list, and I'll be in the front row when the tour come through Delaware!!! I'll even buy H a couple beers!!!

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 28, 2004 05:47     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VV..........VV..OOOOOOOOO..III..VV..........VV..OOOOOOOOO..DDDDDD
VV..........VV..OOOOOOOOO..III..VV..........VV..OOOOOOOOO..DDDDDDD
VV..........VV..OO..........OO..III..VV..........VV..OO..........OO..DD........DD
VV..........VV..OO..........OO..III..VV..........VV..OO..........OO..DD..........DD
VV..........VV..OO..........OO..III..VV..........VV..OO..........OO..DD..........DD
..VV......VV....OO..........OO..III....VV......VV....OO..........OO..DD........DD
....VV..VV......OOOOOOOOO..III......VV..VV......OOOOOOOOO..DDDDDDD
......VVV........OOOOOOOOO..III........VVV........OOOOOOOOO..DDDDDD

(image (c) Sla˙tanic 2004)

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan