my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SOUND OF THE BEAST BOOK!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOUND OF THE BEAST BOOK!!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 23, 2004 22:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The author of this book posted a link to it in the WARRIORS OF ICE section, but I felt it need to be mentioned here also.

This is the book we all have been waiting for. This is the metal bible, the real deal, the shit you never knew, the stuff you'll never forget, the reason we love metal!!!!

EVERYONE NEEDS THIS BOOK. I've onle gotten through a few pages but need to stop reading it and spread the word.

Go here http://www.soundofthebeast.com/news.html
NOW, and get one... hell, buy one for your parents, maybe they'll understand you better!!!

Thanks Ian for a job well done!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 23, 2004 23:29     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hell yes! I received this from a friend several months ago but have yet to read it. From just browsing though, I can see that it is chalk full of all you ever wanted to know (or already knew) about heavy metal.

Luna wanted to take mine and I should have let her. I'll have to get you a copy, Luna!!

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 23, 2004 23:32     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good to see ianc getting his hits in.

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 24, 2004 00:10     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read it every once in awhile, great book for learning history that is important.

Thinking of getting Lords of Chaos too.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 24, 2004 07:54       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah,read this book about a year ago.Picked it up at the local library.
Dont remember much about the book except most of the stuff i already knew,but it was a good book or should i say it is the "Good Book".

IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 24, 2004 11:24     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hopefully, I can find this book here somewhere. I saw Hypergrrl's copy and was shocked I had never seen, nor heard of it. Sad to be me... . But not so sad that I saw Vital Remains on Saturday night, and Death Angel the night before...in TWO DIFFERENT CITIES, no less. Thanks for posting info about the book, schroeder. How is everything going for you, anyhow? Just thought I'd pry.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 25, 2004 18:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Thanks for posting info about the book, schroeder. How is everything going for you, anyhow? Just thought I'd pry.

thanx for prying... I'm in a fucked up situation, trying to make the most of it, and handle it the best I can considering.

My wife & are are going to get a divorce, but we're still living in the same house together waiting for it to sell. Neither one of us can afford to move out, pay our share of the bills & motgage on this house + rent another place to live; hence, we're still under the same roof, in different rooms. We don't hate each other (far from it) but realise, we don't belong together. She's seing someone else, I'm not, which makes it strange for me (and her actually), and it can be uncomfortable, and confussing. I'm not the type of person who seeks revenge (at least not for someone I care about) so I just handle the situation as best as I can; sometimes, it gets depressing, and sometimes I try to joke about it and make light of a very heavy and emotional time that we're going thru, just to deal with it from a different view.

I still care for her and hope she get's everything out of life that she wants. I don't see things the way she does however, and it's time to move on and start anew.

Hopefully our house will soon SOON, so we can both move into the new homes we are having built... I can't wait for that. My new house will be decorated with all the cool framed music prints and posters that have been hidden in the closets for the last 11 years (I knew I kept them for somethng). Until I find the right person to share my life with (again) I will be living in my own Rock n Roll museum. I'll of course share pictures when I get the new house set up, which won't be till the end of the year when it's completed.

sorry ya asked, Luna?
thanks for letting me share

--------------------

yawn

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 26, 2004 08:27     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Shroeder (for what it does matter) I say that you are a very nice guy and surely soon you'll get what you deserve.

Take care.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 26, 2004 10:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

sorry ya asked, Luna?
thanks for letting me share

Yes! Nah, I'm kidding. You seem to be handling the uncomfortable situation well enough...I, however, would probably want to be smashing the other person's face in the pavement. To be in the same house, oh man schroeder, that's tough. Having a new house built? That's something to look forward to and the Rock 'n' Roll Museum. I agree, saving flyers and posters is always a good thing to have to look back on and say, hmm, I had me some fun back in the day. Now, about that serious collection of music of yours...when do we get to visit that Wall of Sound Museum?

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 26, 2004 10:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second Helldriver's words, schroeder. Have my best wishes!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 26, 2004 20:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the words of support, my unseen friends... it means a lot to me. I'm either one of the nicest guys, or the biggest IDIOT in the world... there's a very fine line between the 2, and sometimes I'm not sure what I am... I always try to be the nice guy, but I can imagine some people would think otherwise. Oh well, I do what I feel in my heart is the best thing, that's all. If I feel good about it, I really don't give a shit how others see it.

All my friends will be be welcome to the new house and that of course would include most of the gents, and ladies of the fine upstanding forum .

I'm giving my wife all the beautiful fine art renasance, Raphelite, Michael Parkes items that I have framed for our homes over the years, so now I'm trying to figure out how I'll be painting and decorating my house to go along with all the Rock Art I have. I still want to place to be classy and inviting, nothing dark, depressing, or morbid... (don't want to scare any new ladies that might be invited over ). I'll probably do a lot of the same things to my new home that I've done to this. Hardwood laminant flooring, ceramic tile floors, venetian plaster walls, yadda yadda yadda... but I've got to do something totally different that will make me feel like there's something fresh, and doesn't remind me of this place (even though what we have done with this house is incredible).

Anyway, just thinking out loud.

This is WAY cheaper than seeing a shrink!!!

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 26, 2004 20:36     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder...

i just thought id say that i went through the exact same thing last year. my wife and i decided to get a divorce, yet there was no where else for her to go, so i let her stay in the same house as me. it was 2 months of pure hell. we werent on very good terms throughout the whole thing and she had a boyfriend (she eventually married him this year), sounds like you have a more amicable divorce happening.

i would say the things that helped me through were lots of good friends, both online and off.... plus lots of alcohol, haha.

and exercise til i thought i was going to die. it really works wonders.

i have had an awesome girlfriend for the last 6 months now. without a doubt the girl of my dreams. so you never know what good things can come out of a fucked up situation.

good luck to you~

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 27, 2004 05:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks Cthon (and eveyone else) . It is a more amicable situation than what you seemed to have gone thru, and I also have been excersizing every day which has made me physically feel better than I have in a LONG time!!! I use music instead of alcohol, however .

Glad you have a new love... that's something special, and something I will hopefully have again... before I die!!!

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 27, 2004 08:22     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright everybody, time for a

GROUP HUG!!!

mmmmmmmmmmm

Anyway, best wishes and luck to you schroeder and anyone going thru a hard time. There's always sun after the rain, or whatever.

Am i the only one here who doesn't get divorced?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 27, 2004 14:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:
Hey Shroeder (for what it does matter) I say that you are a very nice guy and surely soon you'll get what you deserve.

Yes, just keep being true to yourself and someone will eventually see it in you.

Not to change the subject, but about this BOOK, I need to buy it, I remember hearing about it a year ago but had forgotten. I love reading, and pictures make it even better.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 27, 2004 19:54     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
schroder man, youll be better off just keep an eye on your bank account youll see. real life Vampires are all female

fuck lifting weights
fuck trying to get your mind off it
fuck it all.
save your money !

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 28, 2004 14:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
Schroeder...

... plus lots of alcohol, haha.

and exercise til i thought i was going to die. it really works wonders.

I'll agree with the exercise crap...it really does help in times of stress. Then after a hard workout, have a cold one! Just don't get totally f-ed up all the time, then we'd be worried.

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 28, 2004 15:38     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I'll agree with the exercise crap...it really does help in times of stress. Then after a hard workout, have a cold one! Just don't get totally f-ed up all the time, then we'd be worried.

ive cut down on my drinking alot since that period in my life, i think i went for about 6 weeks without drinking a couple of months ago... but im sure ill be drinking this holiday weekend, because i might hang out with 'Ol Mezcalero.

and i guess i had to get divorced to truly understand the lure/joy of endorphins, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 28, 2004 18:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
... but im sure ill be drinking this holiday weekend, because i might hang out with 'Ol Mezcalero.

and i guess i had to get divorced to truly understand the lure/joy of endorphins, haha.

Uh oh, watch out kids. The Cthon-g and 'Ol Mezcalero will be partying this weekend. Getting a divorce has to be a huge bummer. I think I'll go look for
Sound of the Beast after work to help make me forget the likelihood of marriage, which will eventually lead to a divorce and much sadness...

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 28, 2004 19:25     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Luna, don't let them scare you too much! All marriges doesn't end up in divorce...
Let your heart decide.

A divorce can be a good solution for some couples, there doesn't have to be any bitter feelings or fightings over "belongings" and money. It is possible to be friends and see to what's best for the kids, ask eachother about things that concern the children you have together.

I think I was lucky to have a not so sad divorce. Sounds a bit crazy but my youngest said to me that it's better we stay apart, because now we're friends and we don't argue. Sometimes kids seems to know things better that adults! (At least when it comes to a "freak" like me...)

As for that book, I'm very qurious. Gonna try and find it here in sweden. If I don't find it there is always the "almighty" Amazon!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 29, 2004 00:02     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Marriage??
I think my sisters and I will stay unmarried for the rest of our lives! What do ya 2 think?
No kids, only pets and kinky one night stands! Just joking.
It sounds so awful tho. Can't two people be life patners without putting the 'married' tag on it? That is my plan so I suspect a long lonely life! Oh well, I have my dog and my guitars.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 29, 2004 04:04     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, Jeez. I forgot you all are from US.

Here in Sweden we don't have to put the "married" tag on a partnership, so two people can be life partners without ever getting married. Sad or not; separation and divorce is the same thing.

Kinky one night stands, hehe, I might just try that as my "new" lifestyle! (just kiddin')

I've got my kids and dogs.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 30, 2004 22:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would still never tell anyone not to get married if they feel in their hearts it's what they want. That's exactly how I felt over 11 years ago when I proposed. I had this connection to her like nothing I had experienced and we shared some amazing years together that I wouldn't give up for anything; but, unfortunatley people sometimes change and things don't always work out the way you both want them to, and splitting up is the best solution. I commend anyone who's marriage lasts a long time, if not forever. Two people that can grow with each other and both get what they want out of life is a very special thing to have. It's nice to know there are some people on this board that have that in their life... I did, but not any more

Life goes on

--------------------

yawn

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 30, 2004 23:21     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought I had a "special" thing in my life but I didn't. Of course the separation was very sad but I do not feel bitter. I don't regreat anything, I have my children and that is something wonderful.

To get married or to be lifepartners is up to the couple who wants to share their lives with eachother, what matters is their feelings. I think....

I don't think I'll meet anyone who wants to share my life with me, I doubt it.

Still, as you say schroeder, life goes on.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 31, 2004 10:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
No kids, only pets and kinky one night stands! Just joking.

Thank God, my moral convictions would prevent me to accept someone in this community wanting pets for the rest of his/her life!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan