my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hey Maldorrröööaaarrr

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Maldorrröööaaarrr
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 22, 2004 16:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Ex are playing in Jonquière tonight. You should go. I may go see them in Victoriaville on Monday night.

''Starting out as an anarcho-punk band from Amsterdam and Wormer, The Ex has developed over the years into a melting pot of divergent musical styles, interweaving noise, folk, jazz and ethnic music, under one unique umbrella: Ex-music. Other features are the discordant, highly rhythmic guitar work, the rolling almost African drumming style and the furious way in which Sok delivers his often sarcastic lyrics. In the first few years The Ex denounce political and social evils in their typical black and white manner, and its members, active in the squat movement, come across as genuinely driven and committed individuals. They set a significant example for the alternative music circuit by the manner in which their records, accompanied by posters, booklets and other relevant readings, are released and distributed by the group itself.''

Salle Pierrette-Gaudreault
22h

http://www.musiquesdecreation.com/edition/index.htm

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 25, 2004 09:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip, nia, but ironically I was in Montréal the last weekend, so I missed it.

But usually, my wife and I always catch a few shows at the Festival. It's a cool event to make great discovies and meet musicians.

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan