my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Surprise! BILL WARD To Rock With BLACK SABBATH At OZZFEST After All - May 21, 2004

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surprise! BILL WARD To Rock With BLACK SABBATH At OZZFEST After All - May 21, 2004
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 21, 2004 07:03       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Drummer Bill Ward will be rejoining his BLACK SABBATH bandmates at this year's Ozzfest after all. The following is Bill's official statement on the matter, as posted on his official web site:

"Dear SABBATH People,

"I have communicated to Sharon [Osbourne] that I will accept the proposal of 5/11/04 regarding me playing Ozzfest, and today I received a very positive response from her. At this time, I am taking this response as a move forward. This announcement is for the benefit of all those who these past few days have been so outspoken favouring and supporting me as a member of SABBATH. I personally thank all of you. To All SABBATH People On Earth - Rock & Shine."

IP: Logged
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 21, 2004 20:22     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news indeed! I have never seen the original Sabbath live and now I am looking forward to a great 3 band Ozzfest!

Speaking of drummers. Is Lombardo still in Slayer?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 21, 2004 20:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SABBATH people...
But aren't we Voivod People?
Great news, by the way.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 21, 2004 22:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Is Lombardo still in Slayer?

That would be affirmative.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 21, 2004 22:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
But aren't we Voivod People?

Voi who?

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 26, 2004 11:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right. What is going on with the 'ol Voi Who, anyhoo? Which reminds me, I don't own any SABBATH. How can that be? Someone needs to buy me that Black Box Beauty.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 26, 2004 11:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Were I living closer to you, I'd buy ya the black box.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 26, 2004 12:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who says living in far off places translates as "no gifts for you"? Hey Slay, what does that Vital Remains quote translate to? I've been curious about that for awhile. By the way, saw them this past Sat. night and they ruled!

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 26, 2004 15:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe, it's on the beginning of "Unleashed Hell", Glen Benton says in fairly good portuguese...

"GO TO HELL YOU SON OF A BITCH"!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 26, 2004 15:22     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Vai pro diabo, sua filha da puta"

Slaytanic!

Hmm, sua filhA ou sua filhO??

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 26, 2004 16:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't want to complicate much. Well, here we go. Apparently, he's shouting at a woman, that's why he says "sua filha da puta" (daughter of a bitch? ). Also, "vai pro diabo" means, literally, "go to the devil". But, come on, no one says "go to the devil", people say "go to hell"!!!

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 26, 2004 16:07     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
I didn't want to complicate much. Well, here we go. Apparently, he's shouting at a woman, that's why he says "sua filha da puta" (daughter of a bitch? ). .........."go to hell"!!!

Yeah, I knew that. It's not so complicated.

Just wanted to, hehe... men!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 26, 2004 16:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnkiZ:
Hmm, sua filhA ou sua filhO??

It would be SEU filhO. SUA is female only.

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 26, 2004 16:26     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
It would be SEU filhO. SUA is female only.

That is just what I wasn't so sure about.
Is there a differance in portugues and brazilian portugues? In portugal they say:

"- vai para o diabo filho da puta" when they say "Go to hell you son of a bitch".

Grammer......

Obrigada...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 27, 2004 13:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I don't own any SABBATH.

About what's up with Voiwho, your guess is as good as mine...I'm guessing taking their time to make the best album possible? Just kicking back and letting things come to them instead of pressing.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 28, 2004 14:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nuclear delusion...I should have gone the extra $45.00 and bought the Black Box instead of Judas Priest's Metalogy. Oh well, too late for that now.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 28, 2004 17:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Is there a differance in portugues and brazilian portugues? In portugal they say:

"- vai para o diabo filho da puta" when they say "Go to hell you son of a bitch".

That's correct. The "seu" in the phrase is for a little emphasis only, like the use of "just" is used in English. So, "Vai para o diabo filho da puta" is correct.

And no, there is no difference between the portuguese of Portugal and Brasil. Grammar rules are kept uniform in all countries that speak portuguese. There has to be a resolution signed by all countries to change a single rule, mind you.

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 28, 2004 18:12     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
........ There has to be a resolution signed by all countries to change a single rule, mind you.

Yeah, I can understand that.

I've seen the movie "Dona Flor e seus Dois Maridos" a couple of times and I've noticed that the portugues in Brasilia sounds a bit different than in Portugal. Sounds more beautiful in Brasil, it's what my friend from portugal also thinks.

He's been in Brasil a couple of times. Well, my older brother has been there too.

From the movie I especially remember when "Dona Flor" cries out - Vadinhooo!. I never get tired of that special movie.

Don't you use the word voce more than they do in Portugal?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 28, 2004 22:31     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Don't you use the word voce more than they do in Portugal?

A lot more, actually. Portugal and the other Portuguese-speaking countries tend to use the more formal "tu". A good part of Brasil, on the other hand, uses "você", a simplified version of "vossa mercê".

Paradoxally, the pronoun "vossa mercê" is originally even more formal than "tu". Go figure...

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan