my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Cool pics of Death Angel...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cool pics of Death Angel...
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 20, 2004 02:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...And many other metal bands, too.

LIVE PICTURES

They let this guy get on stage for a while, he says. Judging from the pictures, I believe it.

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 20, 2004 13:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool pictures! Thanks for the link! Miss Hypergrrl and I will see the real thing tomorrow night! I loved the Hank III photos, that man is HOT!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 20, 2004 16:09     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're welcome.

Hank III is in Superjoint Ritual too right now and will be at Ozzfest. His dad is touring with none other than--Kid Rock! Haha that is strange.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 20, 2004 16:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I could afford a nice camera, I'd probably get nice photos like those...yeah, I didn't see Super Joint Ritual when they came through Abq., but I saw Hank III at a smaller club and he fucking rawked!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 21, 2004 01:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't III like really tall? Or maybe that's just the camera angles...

Either way I've never seen III or Assjack (his other band) or SJR. I've heard Assjack is "different".

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 21, 2004 15:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! He is tall, but what gets me is his strong Southern accent...yum. I love Hank III. Assjack is when Hank comes out with his hair down, his cowboy hat OFF and he's playing electric guitar. His drummer was the kid who played with Hate Eternal and I want to say he also toured with Nile. I think that's what he told me, as I had to introduce myself to him because not only was he a damn good drummer, he was fine as fuck. I think his name is Tim? And isn't he touring with Vital Remains? I'll find out tomorrow night when I see Vital Remains... And Assjack, well nothing "different" as far as metal influenced music goes, but it still rocked this time around .

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 21, 2004 17:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're seeing Death Angel tonight and Vital Remains tomorrow night??
God DAMN please survive to fill us in on how it went!

About Assjack, I've never heard them but I've seen them described as different, I don't know why though. Oh well...

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 21, 2004 21:02     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear delusion:
You're seeing Death Angel tonight and Vital Remains tomorrow night??
God DAMN please survive to fill us in on how it went!

I hope to survive, although my f-ing neck is sore after Fear Factory Wednesday night. And between tonight's show and tomorrow night's Vital Remains show, I have a three hour flight back to Albuquerque from Portland, OR...whew! I'm already tired thinking about it.
Maybe Assjack was described as different from Hank's "country-fied" set he normally plays before the METAL set. His country set is as sick as the metal set.

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 22, 2004 05:32     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh.....my.....fucking.....god!!

Just got back from the show. Death fuckin' Angel fucking rocked......I've got a cut on my left eye to show for it. According to their singer, Mark, the last time they played Portland was 14 years ago and it could have been yesterday. The crowd was great and the band was even better!!! Way too much fun....and this is coming from someone who never listened to them before. If you have been a fan all along , I am very , very sorry if you don't get to see them. Fucking awesome shit!!!!!!!!!!! Luna took pics, so hopefully we can post them soon

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted May 22, 2004 20:08     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
His drummer was the kid who played with Hate Eternal and I want to say he also toured with Nile. I think that's what he told me, as I had to introduce myself to him because not only was he a damn good drummer, he was fine as fuck. I think his name is Tim? And isn't he touring with Vital Remains? I'll find out tomorrow night when I see Vital Remains...

Yep that would be Tim Yeung. One hell of an amazing death metal drummer. He's touring with Vital Remains now. You know he's good if he's brought in to play Pro Tools drum tracks live.
Tim's Website

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 24, 2004 10:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, he played with Vital Remains here on Saturday night. Unfortunately, he's the only dude I didn't get a picture of...what a nice and hot looking guy. Very pleasant. That's cool he has his own website and he is something to see play live.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 24, 2004 14:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to see that you survived and had a good time there.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 24, 2004 16:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks nuclear delusion...very glad to have survived and could just about say I can die a happy young bitch! Especially after that superb, once-in-a-lifetime Vital Remains show. I don't think I've ever gone as bloody fucking nuts at a death metal show before. I'll be putting up some photos soon, probably in the Too Scared to Scream section.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 25, 2004 01:16     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And I missed the Vital Remains show because I am a loser. I never heard them before, I didn't want to drive the long 20 mins to the show, I was more interested in playing my guitar I just recently purchased for my birthday, and I don't think I could survive a death metal show. My ears are old and I would end up geting beat up because of my endless laughter. "COOOKIE!!!!"

Still, I should've gone...sigh.

hypergrrrl, enjoying a metal show these days? haha cool! I heard it rocked. Btw, Luna, you still have my Death Angel cd!!!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 25, 2004 10:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's funny slugbutt! Yes, you might...maybe you would have laughed, but most likely you would have been impressed to the nth degree because that was The Ultimate in death metal shows I've ever seen. There's something just wrong and sinister about their delivery, and having Glen there with his overwhelming presence and Dave Suzuki's ripping guitar playing, who I didn't know also plays drums and bass and is the HOTTEST MAN ALIVE...watching Tim Yeung's hair fly through the air and just seeing them in the Launchpad. The sound, the vibe, the energy was intense. And all of this was done without a touch of pretentious bullshit. Too bad they sold out of T-shirts. That sucked! Apparently they sold what last of the dregs they had early in the evening, before I even arrived. Now listening to the cd is an entire different experience for me. It truly is how warcorpse described it in Too Scared to Scream. And yes, I have your Death Angel Cd.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan