my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » It's Official: BLACK SABBATH To Play This Year's OZZFEST - May 18, 2004

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Official: BLACK SABBATH To Play This Year's OZZFEST - May 18, 2004
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 18, 2004 13:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

The story is at the link above.

Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Slayer

I'm thinking i may go to this one!

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 18, 2004 13:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN!!!
It doesn't get much better than that!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 18, 2004 17:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool news! But how about the $150,000.00 worth of guitars stolen from Creed...ha ha!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 18, 2004 17:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's almost the original line up for Black Sabbath too.The drummer will be replaced by Ozzy's current drummer(who use to be the drummer for Faith No More).

Also Black Label Society & Darkest Hour will be there.

Wish Voivod was at this one!

IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 18, 2004 18:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
DAMN!!!
It doesn't get much better than that!!!

It can, just put Bill Ward behind that drum kit!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 18, 2004 19:24     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent fucking news. I'm gonna have to try and hit AT LEAST two of those shows, San Antonio and Dallas.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 19, 2004 00:20     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellant.
I hope OZZY doesn't die before the Abq. stop! That's one helluva line-up. Ahh, back to the '80's. I'm getting fired up for shows like it's 1986!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 19, 2004 10:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of Bill Ward...

quote:
From Blabbermouth.net:
BILL WARD On BLACK SABBATH: 'I'm Ready, Willing And Able To Rock' - May 19, 2004

BLACK SABBATH fan site Black-Sabbath.com has posted a statement from drummer Bill Ward regarding his non-participation in the upcoming BLACK SABBATH reunion at this year's Ozzfest. The statement reads as follows:

"Dear SABBATH People,

"This morning I received the very sad news that Mike Bordin is to play drums with BLACK SABBATH on Ozzfest '04.

"BLACK SABBATH is, and always will be, an important priority in my life. I support Geezer's, Tony's and Ozzy's decisions to move ahead into Ozzfest '04 without me. I can appreciate they may not be overjoyed with the decision, and I'd really like to be with them. Nothing would please me more than to be a part of the show.

"Last week I did receive a proposal which allowed no room for negotiation. It was a cul-de-sac proposal in my opinion, where the only answer was yes or no. I was asked to respond by Friday. May 14th. I wrote a brief letter of decline on Thursday, May 13th. I answered directly at the proposal, and left out any personal comments, other than I was sad to have to decline. What I did not put in my response was this:

"I'm willing to be flexible
I'm willing to compromise
I'm willing to negotiate
I'm willing to play.

"I understand and believe in a united front when it comes to SABBATH. I can appreciate the fallout from such a decision will upset some people, and I am so sorry. I'm more than willing to support Ozzfest in any way I can.

"I've walked down this street before when SABBATH did the first reunion without me and had Mike Bordin play instead. I want you to know, I'm not being the bad guy here. I'm not trying to hold anyone to ransom. And I'm not trying to reverse my decision to decline in hope of a positive managerial response to this letter.

"I'm ready, willing and able to rock. There are some details on the proposal that don't work for me. I guess it's a case of the importance of things on both sides and I think that's all I can say for now."

That's a bit confusing, eh?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 19, 2004 16:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It really sucks that Ward won't be behind the drums. I'm curious as to what they expected of him or what they were going (or not going) to give him.

It's a damn shame that these 4 guys who are each responsible for making SABBATH the legend it is, couldn't come to some kind of an understanding so it would work for all of them.

I think Bordin's incredible, but it's still not the same. It's like Zeppelin without John Paul Jones (of course Bonham can't be there).

--------------------

yawn

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 19, 2004 22:38     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would go, except it would be 50+ dollars to go.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan