my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Orange Goblin

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Orange Goblin
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 12, 2004 15:18     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw these guys last night at Burt's Tiki Lounge...one of those great NO COVER, EVER bars. These English dudes rocked, and were quite hairy which is how I like 'em. Has anyone heard a band called, YOB? They'll be here next week at the same bar.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 12, 2004 15:50     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they are from Portland or near 'cause they play here alot and have been encouraged to go see them on many ocassions.....although I haven't yet.

YOB

Damn, there playing at my bar on SUNDAY! Argh, I hate shows on Sunday's

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 12, 2004 15:55     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, they are from Eugene, OR and here is an article from none other than voivodfan.com's Nate Carson! Nate, what happened to you? I still have not gone out to see either of his bands either

YOB Article

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted May 12, 2004 16:17     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nate has spoken highly of Yob for some time now. I would take his word on that as he is a pretty good authority on the doom genre. Mezcalhead mailed me a copy of Orange Goblin's THE BIG BLACK a while back and that is a good album.

I would definitely go see Yob if I had the chance.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 12, 2004 18:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Layla's Dad:

I would definitely go see Yob if I had the chance.

I'll check it out for sure. One of my favorite local bands is opening for them. I did check out their website before and it's not very exciting and hasn't been updated.

--------------------

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted May 12, 2004 23:26     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yob are from Eugene,OR and they'll shake your soul. You can grab their second album Catharsis here.

Be sure to talk to Mike (singer/guitarist) and Isamu (bass) about some Old Metal if you get the chance. They're great guys and know their shit.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 13, 2004 04:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Orange Goblin are one of the best live bands this country has put out. I'd recommend getting yourselves along to the US tour dates if you enjoy a bit of sweaty rock action! It's not often they get to travel to the far reaches of americana. If you do catch them, tell them I said "you big hairy jammy bastards" and buy them a pint.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 13, 2004 10:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
If you do catch them, tell them I said "you big hairy jammy bastards" and buy them a pint.

Well, shit h, I saw them two nights ago and didn't have the chance to give them your message. Or buy them a pint. However, we bought two of their "baby Goblin" jumpers for a couple of our friends who will be giving birth real soon. The t-shirt guy said they ordered "baby doll" tees and they received the real deal...little, teeny, tiny baby jumpers for babies 12 months and 16 months. Ha ha.

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 13, 2004 10:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol! That's a typical thing to happen to those guys! Chaos follows them everywhere!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 13, 2004 11:14     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's fucking funny!! They didn't get any for anyone who's 406 months old?
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 13, 2004 18:19     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit, they played in the middle of the week in Savannah with Cream Abdul Babar, so i couldnt make it. great band, tho. "hairy jammy bastards" makes me laugh.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 13, 2004 18:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
Cream Abdul Babar

LOL

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 13, 2004 18:36     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, yeah, thats a great band name.

--------------------

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted May 13, 2004 18:54     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
shit, they played in the middle of the week in Savannah with Cream Abdul Babar, so i couldnt make it. great band, tho. "hairy jammy bastards" makes me laugh.

No kidding? That means they probably passed straight through Atlanta. Damn! I need to keep the heads up.
By the way, what's the venue like in Savannah that Orange Goblin might play, Cthon? Damn cool town, Savannah.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 13, 2004 20:18     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Orange Goblins are playing here on Sunday!! Guess I ain't goin'
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 13, 2004 21:53     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Layla's Dad:
No kidding? That means they probably passed straight through Atlanta. Damn! I need to keep the heads up.
By the way, what's the venue like in Savannah that Orange Goblin might play, Cthon? Damn cool town, Savannah.

they played The Jinx (im guessing this show was last week, i just remember not being able to make a weeknight show, Savannah being 2 hours away). i saw it advertised when i watched my buddys band, I Am Not A Little Bus, play there with the Deadbirds about a month ago. there are lots of cool clubs in Savannah, supposedly. they get decent metal shows, too, from what i hear. The Jinx is pretty cool. i think i drank around 20 $1 PBRs, so it had to be fun, haha.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 14, 2004 10:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Cthong, I Am Not A Little Bus...ha ha. Is there anything better than $1.00 PBR's? C'mon, Slugbuttress and I drove 2+ hours to AND from Gallup to see Exodus on a Tuesday night. I'll tell you, that was worth the drive!

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 14, 2004 17:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna, i think i would have made the trip to Savannah if it had been Exodus, haha. i saw them with Dead Horse in Austin in 1990 and that was totally one of the best shows ive ever seen.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 14, 2004 18:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Luna, i think i would have made the trip to Savannah if it had been Exodus, haha. i saw them with Dead Horse in Austin in 1990 and that was totally one of the best shows ive ever seen.

Word.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan