next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vote Voivod as top album of 2003

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vote Voivod as top album of 2003
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 06, 2004 10:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.bnrmetal.com/

go here and click on top ten and vote for Voivod.

IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 06, 2004 11:11     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But... it wasn't. I'd feel dirty doing that, when it was Enslaved, with Mithras a close second, for me.
 |  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 06, 2004 11:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Diamond's Puppet Master was, not VV's. Sorry.

Besides, being #1 on Bnr dont mean shit.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 06, 2004 13:18     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
But... it wasn't. I'd feel dirty doing that, when it was Enslaved, with Mithras a close second, for me.

Below the Lights fucking rules! I'm still on a search for something new (music-wise) that blew me away and kept me in a maniacal obsessive trap for about a good two months.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 06, 2004 14:50     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought Voivod was without a doubt the best metal album.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 06, 2004 19:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We all know Metallica ST ANGER was, is, and always will be the best cd of last year and of all time. Finally an album that knocks Led Zep 4 of the pedastal.

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 06, 2004 19:57     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, he has Butterfly Temple: "Tropoyu Krovi Po Vole Roda" in the voting list. I'm rather impressed. Not BT's best, but it's kinda growing on me. I doubt there's 10 releases from 2003 that I've heard, so I probably won't vote.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 06, 2004 20:12     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dream Theater's Train of Thought and Voivod come to mind in 2003.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 08, 2004 02:23       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see no one read the part about him still taking votes for 2002 and 2003 and the new votes will be added when the web site is finished being updated.So.........Voivod can still be number one.VOTE!
IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 08, 2004 05:02     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, man... had to be honest & put Napalm Death at #1.
(had to WRITE IT IN, too ) But anyway, Voivod was second.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 10, 2004 05:07     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
But... it wasn't. I'd feel dirty doing that

it sure wasn't...
and I would feel exactly the same voting for it, simply because it's a Voïvod album...
anyway, among 2003 best were:
MISANTHROPE - Sadistic Sex Daemons &
KING DIAMOND - The Puppet Master
among 2004 best will certainly be:
FINNTROLL - Nattfödd &
MAYHEM - Chimera

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 10, 2004 06:28     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
.....Voivod can still be number one.VOTE!....

DONE!

I just had to vote for VOIVOD.
I woke up out of a "coma" after 15 yrs, (concerning Music/METAL). VoiVod Got me out of that "coma".

VoiVod for #1.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 10, 2004 10:26     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course J:son was an attention-getter. Me, I never was any huge Metallica fan. Some people (kids) around me were. So where did J:son go? Aha, Voivod..... what's Voivod?

Bought the album out of curiosity. Not bad! d/l some VV tracks at Kaaza....... Ehhh, what? Tribal Convictions, Astronomy Domine,
Ripping Headaces... .. etc.

Yeah I'm a newbee when it comes to Voivod, altough I found all their albums, even those who was "hard to find". The second album I bought was AngelRat! I went into a "second hand" store, I looked behind the letter "V" among the albums, didn't expect to find any VV-album. THERE IT WAS! AngelRat, the album that was supposed to be so hard to find, I was stunned. I know most of the hardcore fans think it's to commercial but to me that album became very special, just because I found it here in this little town.

DH, KT, Outer Limits came into my "greedy" hands, and the rest of the VV albums. Upon all these I got info and tips about other bands on the VV forums. In my case I can say the s/t opened a "door" to the metal world, after 15 yrs of raising kids, taking care of the home, working....etc. Finally I have time and money to enjoy my own interest again; MUSIC. The W&P re-issue is defenitly a highlight to me.

The s/t didn't cause a "Domino Effect" it caused a more of a "butterfly effect". This is the reason I gave it my vote.

Nobody can detect the butterfly effect.
Jeez, I just luv that line.

Now I went a bit "off topic" ehh?
My very own "Voivod story"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 10, 2004 12:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beautiful, AnnkiZ, absolutely beautiful!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 10, 2004 13:00     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Beautiful, AnnkiZ, absolutely beautiful!!

Beautiful, yeah.
Think I lied a bit. Sara was born 1983, had to start to work full time 1986. Sandra born 1992..... From 1986 until 2003, that makes 17 years. 17 years in "coma"..

Lot of catching up to do....

VOIVOD RULEZ!

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted May 10, 2004 16:17     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Voivod's running mate Jason Newsted was an attention-getter for new fans but the hardcore fan base was more focused on the amazing fact that Snake is back.

That's it, Warcorpse. The fact that Snake was back made "Voïvod" -- the album -- very special to the old school fans. And I must confess that even if I miss guitar solos and the pyschedelic/sci-fi vibe, "Voïvod" sounds pretty decent.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 10, 2004 19:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't vote VV as #1, but did give them a #2 spot. I choose OPETH 'Damnation' for the top spot because I thought it was an amazing album and different than anything else they had done in the past. Beautiful and heavy at the same time, and I play the shit out of it.

I also cast votes for OSI, Dream Theater, Anthrax, Overkill and some others I can't remember.

I play VV a lot also, but the didn't push the envelope this time. Although I do consider it a damn fine album, it was missing the experimental part that always excited me about listening to a new VV album... the element of surprise wasn't the same as when I first listened to 'Dimension Hatross, Killing Technology, Nothing Face, The Outer Limits, & Angel Rat. All those albums caught me off guard and I heard music that I couldn't really relate to anyone else. The new cd was more straight forward, and nothing unexpected... however I guess you could consider VV being straight forward very unexpected.

Since Blacky didn't get back in the band I was happy to see Newsted behind the bass, but honestly, they could have had "Joe Smoe" on bass and wouldn't have cared because Snake was back and that was all that mattered to me.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan