my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Can we get a little 'Ultimate Revenge' love here?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can we get a little 'Ultimate Revenge' love here?
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 27, 2004 13:55     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

"Up-STATE, mutha fuckuhhhhhhhh!"

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 27, 2004 14:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe.
Classic.

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted April 27, 2004 20:43     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahahah...
Dude I have this vid!
Luv it!
I got it back in the day.
Thanks for posting this classic!

St.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted April 27, 2004 22:50     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHA!!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted April 27, 2004 22:56     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can you guess who the following line comes from in the vid-

"Kick Ass ! Kick Ass Muldowney !
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.."

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 28, 2004 07:16     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
""...well I say FUCK THE PEN! Cause you can DIIIEEEE by the sworrrd!"
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 28, 2004 10:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was this released on DVD yet? It's a must-have.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 28, 2004 11:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not officially, but a good friend of ours recently had ripped his original vhs tape onto DVDr, to amazing results. Sadly, my dvd player hated it (paused every minute), so i had to give it away. *cries in silence*
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted April 28, 2004 11:24     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was at this show. My friend Dave Corizzi jumped on stage and tried to punch Hannaman in the face. Venom were awful.

I would like a copy of this show.

I cant believe how long ago this was. I was actually in Studio 54. That is sad.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted April 28, 2004 11:31     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sad at all. I'm grateful you're here to share this shit with us!

Tell more! Tell more!

quote:
Originally posted by tomsawyer:
I was at this show. My friend Dave Corizzi jumped on stage and tried to punch Hannaman in the face. Venom were awful.

I would like a copy of this show.

I cant believe how long ago this was. I was actually in Studio 54. That is sad.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 28, 2004 12:28     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The footage of Venom's performance isn't actually from their live Studio 54 show, right? I seem to recall hearing that their show was so horrible that they lip-synched a filmed stage 'performance'. I could be way off here - anybody know otherwise?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 28, 2004 12:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah the footage on the video comes from the Hammersmith 06/84 gig. Apparently Mantas wasnt on that part of the tour (was replaced by two other guitarists) so they refused to have that one show (studio 54) filmed.
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted April 29, 2004 00:01     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's the real reason: (as seen on rockdetector.com)
quote:
1985 began disastrously for the band. The 'Possessed' album was roundly chastized and a planned Canadian/American tour was thrown into turmoil as Mantas succumbed to glandular fever. The dates were put back and, as his health worsened, VENOM recruited AVENGER guitarist Les Cheetham and FIST guitarist Dave Irwin to fill the shoes of Mantas. The band's New York Studio 54 show (with EXODUS and SLAYER), their most prestigious date on the tour, was less than successful as Mantas, now with restored health, was denied access to America due to passport problems.

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan