next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metal Church/Death Angel show

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metal Church/Death Angel show
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 25, 2004 08:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
METAL CHURCH To Open For DEATH ANGEL In Seattle - Apr. 24, 2004

The current incarnation of METAL CHURCH — guitarists Kurdt Vanderhoof and Jay Reynolds (ex-MALICE), vocalist Ronny Munroe (ex-ROTTWEILLER), drummer Kirk Arrington and bassist Steve Unger — will be opening for DEATH ANGEL on May 22 at Studio 7 in Seattle, Washington. Also set to appear are THE BRAINDEAD, AGONY OF DECEIT, DROWN MARY and PHOENIX IN TWILIGHT. The first 300 people through the door will receive a free "grab bag" from some of the top independent heavy metal record labels, including Nuclear Blast, Roadrunner and Metal Blade. Special bonus door prizes include two guitars autographed by DEATH ANGEL and METAL CHURCH, compliments of Guitar Center.

METAL CHURCH have completed work on the follow-up to 1999's "Masterpeace", entitled "Weight of the World", tentatively due later in the year.

this was found on blabbermouth.net

IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 25, 2004 13:25     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Drown Mary opening for Death Angel, eh? Not too bad there Troy!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 25, 2004 14:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Drown Mary eh??? This is XD's band right? So I'm sure you'll be there representing. Sound like one hell of a show! You lucky Seattlites...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 26, 2004 01:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMNIT!!!
We NEVER get cool shit like this the Delaware beach!!!

OK King's X & Fishbone played and that kicked ass, and Gov't Mule came thru when Woody was still alive (aboout a week before his death actually), so I can't say NEVER... but I love to be able to go to a killer thrash show and not have to drive 3-4 hours to get home.

I envy you west coasters.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 26, 2004 11:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I envy you west coasters.

Maybe it's about time you headed out west!

So I thought about going to see Death Angel here in Portland for the 10 seconds it took me to go, "Wow! Cool, Death Angel is playing on May 21st!! We should definitely check that out!!".....and then I turned the page and saw that Alice Donut is playing the same night Fuck I hate when that happens.....I think Alice Donut will win out on this one. I am hoping that The Victims Family will to the opening honors since they played a couple of shows with them at the end of last year. Ralph Spight will win me over any time!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 26, 2004 14:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check this out Schrobaby!!!

EXODUS And DEATH ANGEL Set To Tour? [Hot Flashes - 04.03.20 13:33:49]

According to a posting by SMN News, EXODUS and DEATH ANGEL will be teaming up for a North American tour together. More information and dates will be released soon.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 26, 2004 14:41     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that's a show I won't be able to miss! Death Angel and Exodus would be unreal!

For the record, I am not, nor have I ever been in Drown Mary. I am good friends with the drummer, built their website, recorded their album, designed some of their merch, etc. Despite all this, the guitar player (whom I let live at my house), screwed me and my family over pretty bad!!! So, fuck 'em, they get no more support from me. Amazing how people are so willing to step on others who help them out. Ok, rant over. Sorry, a little bitter here.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 26, 2004 14:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

So I thought about going to see Death Angel here in Portland for the 10 seconds it took me to go, "Wow! Cool, Death Angel is playing on May 21st!!

Well, well well...I was just at the Death Angel website and since I have just recently discovered how truly fucking awesome this band was and still is...I think I will have to come out there to see them, Hypergrrl.
I'll skip Ralph and Alice and take Death Angel. This will coincide well with the FF show on the 19th. I still have to be home by May 22nd -
Metal Rules!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 26, 2004 21:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EXODUS & DEATH ANGEL

Schroeder =
They better come withing 3 hours of where I live which means Philly, DC, or Baltimore and I'm fuckin' there!!! I'll feel like I'm 18 again!!! Until I get tired and have to drive all the way home

X-D that SUCKS what the gutarist did to you!!! Some people DON'T know how to appreciate good friends... I know the feeling.

--------------------

yawn

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 27, 2004 02:24     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EXODUS, Exodus

JUDAS PRIEST, EXODUS
SCORPIONS, UFO......

They're comin' over here. I probably gonna miss the event!!!!

SWERock

It aint fair. arghhh! Yeah, I'm really whinin'!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted April 27, 2004 08:11     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about that guitarist stepping out of line, Mike. There's not enough room in this world for people like him.

quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Now that's a show I won't be able to miss! Death Angel and Exodus would be unreal!

For the record, I am not, nor have I ever been in Drown Mary. I am good friends with the drummer, built their website, recorded their album, designed some of their merch, etc. Despite all this, the guitar player (whom I let live at my house), screwed me and my family over pretty bad!!! So, fuck 'em, they get no more support from me. Amazing how people are so willing to step on others who help them out. Ok, rant over. Sorry, a little bitter here.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 27, 2004 19:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hyper, do yourself a BIG favor and go to see Death Angel. Alice WHO? Remember, we're talking about Cavestany here, the sexiest guitar player in metal right now.
royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted April 27, 2004 22:05     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay Alice Donut (Alternative Tentacles)! I think a lot of Voivod fans would dig them. Late 80's to present irreverent intricate macabre psyche punk. Twisted.
Try:
Mule
Bucketfulls of Sickness and Horror in an Otherwise Meaningless Life
(zinc buckets)

cheers

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 28, 2004 11:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Remember, we're talking about Cavestany here, the sexiest guitar player in metal right now.

Really?!? Oooooohhhh...I can't wait!!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 29, 2004 16:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
METAL CHURCH To Open For DEATH ANGEL In Seattle - Apr. 24, 2004

DEATH ANGEL on May 22 at Studio 7 in Seattle, Washington.

Is anyone going to this (Seattle-ites)?
I get to see them May 21st in Portland!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan