my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SPORTS (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: SPORTS
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 24, 2004 13:05     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't really know if this is the right section to have topic or if anybody else is interested in having this kind of thread.

World Campion- Hockey has begun.
(yeah, I luv hockey)

I wrote this after the 1:st peroid in the W&P thread:

Holy smoke, I'm exhausted! First period Sweden - Denmark Hockey 2 - 1.
Danish powerplay 5 against 3, of course they scored. I'm scared....... 2:nd period begins.

Sweden won the game with 5 - 1. It was no easy game for Sweden, our team really sucks in powerplay. The Danish team can scare the **** out of me! I remember last year Denmark did beat US in their first match.

Later this evening it's Finland - USA (european time).

Now off to the pub with friends, celebrate with some beer!

Cheers!
- Annki

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 24, 2004 14:02     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As usual the World Championships will receive little or no coverage here, whether we win or not.

On the bright side, NHL playoffs are into the second round...and the Avs are still in it (an improvement over last year although they got killed in game 1 of their semifinal). In about an hour I'll be happily flipping back and forth between CBC and ABC in a futile attempt to watch both the Calgary/Detroit game and the Colorado/San Jose game.

Who wants to bet I manage to miss every goal scored in both games?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 24, 2004 14:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since my Stars and NJ Devil were slaughtered & are now out...I am cheering for

San Jose (sorry mmeg, i hate the av's.)
Calgary
Toronto
Montreal

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 25, 2004 02:19     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, you americans... (j/k).

Finland - USA 4 - 2

I know about NHL and Stanley Cup, some of our Swedish players are there.
"Foppa", Peter Forsberg in "Avalanches", Niclas Lidstrom in Detroit Red Wings, and Molin in Tampa Bay. (Been doin' some homework) .

Can't deny "Foppa" is a fav player of mine. This is a bit crazy; of course I want the swedish players to do their best "over there". At the same time I want them to be in the swedish hockey-team!

More attention to the World Championships! "Foppa" is really somethin'.......

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 25, 2004 08:18       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Avs suck and look like ther about to get murdered again by San Jose which is awesome.
Since i'm from Detriot i want the Red Wings to win AGAIN but i wouldnt mind seeing Toronto,Montreal or even Tampa Bay winning it all.
The only team still in it i hate is the Avs,so if any other team wins thats cool with me.
So glad the crappy Cunnucks where taken out in the first round.

IP: Logged
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 25, 2004 10:14     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
Avs suck and look like ther about to get murdered again by San Jose which is awesome......

WHAT! "Foppa" is a mean, vicious, very baaad player, And I like him that way!.... .

Well, I could always turn night into day and follow NHL games.
Naaa that's not such a good idéa..

kiddin'

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 26, 2004 06:43       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think your mistaken,it's Lidstrom thats the bad-ass player.Forsberg's just a bad player!
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 26, 2004 07:46     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I think your mistaken,it's Lidstrom thats the bad-ass player.Forsberg's just a bad player!

Ah, you funny guy! They're all bad-ass players! If they were not, they wouldn't play in Canada or US.

Players in the Danish team are playing in swedish teams during our hockey-season.
BTW, sweden won against Japan, we are still waiting for some of our swedish players who are "over there"!

"Foppa" Forsberg is a real bad-ass player..

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 27, 2004 00:09     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnkiZ:

BTW, sweden won against Japan, we are still waiting for some of our swedish players who are "over there"!

"Foppa" Forsberg is a real bad-ass player..

Japan plays hockey?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 27, 2004 02:08     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Japan plays hockey?

Wake up "over there" americans. Japan has an american in their team!

Hockey, it's not a matter of life and death.... it's much more serious than that!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 27, 2004 08:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hockey? What's that?
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 27, 2004 08:49     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:

SOXXXXXXX! So you're one of us long-suffering Soxfan Bastards, eh? I've been waiting for a series title since I can remember. Our 6-1 start against the Yanks this season bodes well, and you gotta love sweeping their asses in their own house this past weekend!

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 27, 2004 10:09     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Hockey? What's that?

To me HOCKEY begun with:

quote:
Börje Salming
#21 Toronto Maple Leafs
A legend in Swedish hockey. Member of "Hockey Hall of Fame".

Am I braggin'? YEAH !

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 27, 2004 11:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
and you gotta love sweeping their asses in their own house this past weekend!

Yes! That was great! And I'm not necessarily a Sox fan, I just dislike the Yankees...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 27, 2004 11:16     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Yes! That was great! And I'm not necessarily a Sox fan, I just dislike the Yankees...

Hating the Yanks outshines love for the Sox.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 27, 2004 11:28     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hating the Yankees is the TRUE national pastime!

oh and Hex - the Leafs are still "in it" about as much as the Avs are...well, they have one fewer loss but then, they've played one fewer game. Flyers have owned them so far. Anybody pick San Jose Sharks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning for the Stanley Cup final?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 27, 2004 15:22     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Hating the Yankees is the TRUE national pastime!

yo slugbutt, your on the quiet side on this one. What's up with that!?

And speaking of sports, you just gotta love that Arena fucking Football!!! What the fuck were these people thinking when they came up with that one?? They really take this shit seriously

And you all thought regular American football sucked

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 27, 2004 15:27       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Avs lose again,looks like i was right.Forsberg is just a bad player
Can you say sweep!

Hockey is the Best sport period.Football sucks(any lazy fat ass can play it) and basketball sucks(too many ego's and not much talent any more.) and baseball is just getting too damn boring and too much money is shelled out to players that dont even do anything.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted April 27, 2004 15:34     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

LETS GO RED WINGS !!!

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted April 27, 2004 17:07     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love hockey, but nothing ever goes right for my beloved Kings!
Still love the game. I can't help to pull for the underdogs. I'd like to see a San Jose/Tampa Bay Finals. But I would just as well see Calgary and Philly.
Let's just hope there's a season next year!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 27, 2004 17:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Hockey? What's that?

Exactly what I was thinking. Hockey? What's that?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 27, 2004 18:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Hockey is Football, fat ass ! it) sucks many ego's and baseball is just getting too damn shelled out to even do anything.

I love sports...sports goes well with sitting on my ass, yelling at the tube with one fist in the air and a beer clenched in the other.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 27, 2004 23:59       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna twisting my words around WTF.If i didnt know better i'd think you like me.
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 28, 2004 01:15     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
Exactly what I was thinking. Hockey? What's that?

Well, imagine us poor people up here in the north, we can't play FOOTball during winter!

So what are we supposed to do? Of course we play hockey! ehh, I don't play, I watch the games.....

Sweden won against Russia yesterday (hockey). And I was sitting in front of the TV yelling and howling. Wow, can assure you it's pretty exhausting just watching the game......

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 28, 2004 01:28     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
yo slugbutt, your on the quiet side on this one. What's up with that!?

Yup, not a good weekend. Y'all need to settle down as it's only April! 84 years of crying, hoping, Bill Buckner, the YANKEES, and the 'Curse'. Suckas! There is still a lot of games to be played and 6-1 against the Yanks in April doesn't mean a thing unless they beat NY in Oct.

Hockey? Soccer on ice but more fun to watch. At least they get up after getting their heads smashed into the boards! Japan playing hockey? I'm sure there are many foreigners on their team. They seem a little 'short' in the big burly hockey player department. Kind of like Pueblo Indians playing LaCross against the Iroqois! I guess only Luna and Hypergrrrrrrl will get that one!

Arena Football? Hmmmmmmmmmmm Weird!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan