my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » A Reason to be excited about Tax Day…

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Reason to be excited about Tax Day…
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted April 15, 2004 13:04     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all, much thanks to Warcorpse for allowing me to make this announcement:

After all this time, the new Death & Taxe$ CD (my band) is finally done and is now available. To briefly recap my situation, this is my effort to raise what little money I can for cancer research in honor of my bass player who died a little over a year ago from the disease.
To be brief, the CD is being given to anyone who makes a donation. Any amount will be accepted and appreciated. The details, intentions, and circumstances surrounding this recording are spelled out at www.DnTmusic.com As always, I work on the honor system, so if anyone would like me to send out a copy first, just email me (vince@DnTmusic.com) with your mailing address and I’ll get one out to you. At the moment, I do not have audio clips available, but CDBaby.com and TowerRecords.com will have it available through their sites in 5-10 working days. So please check back in a week or two. That might be the easiest route for those who live outside of the US who might be interested.

Thanks to all of the Voivodfan members who have given me their support in the past. Me and the family greatly appreciate it all! You guys are the best. Some of you already have copies being sent out to you as promised.

Thanks so much in advance for your support guys!

Your resident Taxman,

MeanMrMustard www.DnTmusic.com

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 15, 2004 13:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear Mr. Taxman,

I am writing to inform you of the gracious contributions made by fans of the well-loved and inspirational Canadian band, Voivod. Without folks like us who spend many hours (while on the job) sharing and giving love on the web, the world would be in worse shape.

Sincerely,
Luna

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 15, 2004 19:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vince, I think what you and the band is doing is an ULTR COOL thing!!! I had a chance to really look over the D&T web site the other day and I must say it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Whoever designed the site did a remarkable job. I love the snail, and the graphics kick ass. After reading a handful of the posts about your bass player/friend, I felt like I knew him myself. A lot of people have lost a great person and the world is missing a great musician.

You have done him justice by the tribute on the net and by releasing the music he was involved in... GREAT JOB all around... I'm sure he's smiling back all of those whose live he has touched.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 15, 2004 19:57     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey dude -

I will definitely be making a contribution, but it won't be for a couple weeks or so.
Also, is there a new URL/ website I need to know about? The one I have is:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dntman/

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 15, 2004 22:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tang, go here http://www.dntmusic.com/

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 16, 2004 00:16     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Tang, go here http://www.dntmusic.com/

Thank you, sir. Is now updated.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 16, 2004 06:21     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
...... At the moment, I do not have audio clips available, but CDBaby.com and TowerRecords.com will have it available through their sites in 5-10 working days. So please check back in a week or two. That might be the easiest route for those who live outside of the US who might be interested....Your resident Taxman,.....

Hi Mr Taxman.
I'm so glad to know I soon can order it from CD-Baby.
I still have the demo tracks on my computor.
"Revolver" , my fav song, I read about it on your site!

Sending all the best wishes to you, your wife and kids!
- Annki

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted April 16, 2004 14:50     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As always, thanks guys.
Tang, email me your mailing address and I'll send one out to you.
And I'm sorry, Annki, you'll have to wait for CDBaby to get it up. Should only be a few more days. When it's up, I'll let you know.

Spread the word.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 17, 2004 06:23     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
.........Annki, you'll have to wait for CDBaby to get it up. Should only be a few more days. When it's up, I'll let you know.

Spread the word.

"Bump"

Hey, I don't mind waiting, CDBaby is fast with their deliveries, I found a lot of good music there.

Maybe you can post in this thread when it's up.

- Annki

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan