my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » War and pain 3CD (* reviewed ) (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: War and pain 3CD (* reviewed )
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 12, 2004 22:11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats why i went with Metal Blade.The guy from the import place takes 3 to 4 days replying to emails and when he did finally get back to me he said it would be a couple weeks before i would get it and i aint waiting a couple weeks so i went with Metal Blade Germany.
They got back to me immediately after each email i sent them and shipped the cd's out right away.
So go with Metal Blade Germany and don't fuck with the crappy import place,they blow!

IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 12, 2004 22:16     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to go with Metal Blade too. Just finished verifying my Paypal account. I'm drooling in anticpation of getting this awesome looking re-issue. Thanks for the help folks!
 |  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 15, 2004 10:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ordered mine from metalblade.de this morning and they're shipping it tonight. That's a damn fine service man!
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted April 15, 2004 11:40     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Ordered mine from metalblade.de this morning and they're shipping it tonight. That's a damn fine service man!

Same here, done it this morning too from Metalblade.de!!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 15, 2004 11:47     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just completed my order as well! I have to say Metal Blade Germany has some killer customer service! Thanks Anton!

Can't wait to hold this one in my grubby little hands!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 15, 2004 12:14     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, me too. Anton rocks!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 16, 2004 14:20       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anybody having trouble with the screensavers? For some reason i cant seem to download them.The newer one i already have.Downloaded it from this site.
I didnt have any trouble downloading the wall paper though.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 16, 2004 20:47       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That did the trick,thanks
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted April 19, 2004 10:02     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMFG !!!!!!!!! I go away for 6 months and this comes out AND I DONT KNOW ABOUT IT !!!!

Right, toys thouroughly thrown out the cradle.

metalblade...here comes my order post haste

--------------------

Good lord ! How long ago was that???

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 20, 2004 04:33     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine yesterday! That's a pretty fast service. Cheers n beers to Anton and the metalblade mail order machine!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 20, 2004 10:23     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anton rules. I finally got my Paypal account confirmed, but Metal Blade's site doesn't have a place to check off Paypal as method of payment. So I emailed him and he placed and confirmed my order today! Replied to my emails almost immediately. Kick ass service.

Can't wait to get my CDs!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 20, 2004 10:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pup, who are you? Ah, whatever...I placed my orderS and Anton had some trouble with my c-card, but he figured it out and Said he'd put my orderS in the mail yesterday!

Yes, indeed, we all should email him and give him the props he deserves (I wonder what 'ol Anton looks like....hmmmm).

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 21, 2004 09:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine today.
Three words: OH! MY! GAWD!

Metal Blade really went above and beyond on this one. The quality of the presentation is amazing! It's nice to see such an important record getting the proper treatment it deserved all along. Major kudos!

The remastering job was well done. It does sound louder and more bottom-heavy than the previous cd edition.

The booklet itself is what they shouldve done all along, too. Plenty of art, and as you've seen from corpsy's scans, a separate page for each band members and all that cool stuff.

Morgoth Invasion was a nice addition, however it is the same exact rip that's been making the rounds for much of the last three years (yes, i compared them... same tracks lenght and editing... same bitrate, even). But for anyone who's never downloaded or never heard that precious live demo, now there's your chance to own it.

The CD-Rom portion is quite simply incredible. Killer interface, with plenty of goodies. The "Voivod" video is also included, but the rip that's been on VVF looks better, however.

What a great way to revisit War & Pain!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 23, 2004 01:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
finally got my copy today. The recordshop couldn't get it any earlier. It was worth the wait though....
I'm going on a holiday to Turkye coming week and i'll take it with me to blow these Turkish their fucking ears off...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 23, 2004 10:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I'm going on a holiday to Turkye coming week and i'll take it with me to blow these Turkish their fucking ears off...

Turkey! That sounds great! And with the War & Pain re-issue...lovely. I'm still waiting for my shipment.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 23, 2004 11:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

Mmm, Turkey. I think there is a cranberry sauce recipe somewhere on this site. Be sure to have it with you.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 23, 2004 21:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'VE GOT IT!!!

Thanks L.E.

Hey, where's all the hiss and noise???!!!??

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 23, 2004 21:36     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine came today. Haven't listened to it yet 'cause I just got home and just got my mail!

(somebody explain to me why mail between US and Europe is sooooo much faster than it is between the US and Canada?)

ummm....did I mention before that Anton rocks!

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 23, 2004 23:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got it too!

This was beautiful

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 24, 2004 06:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Mine came today. Haven't listened to it yet 'cause I just got home and just got my mail!

(somebody explain to me why mail between US and Europe is sooooo much faster than it is between the US and Canada?)

ummm....did I mention before that Anton rocks!

I get lots of stuff from Europe faster than I do domesticly... strange indeed. Maybe just better work ethics, and they don't sit on orders.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 24, 2004 06:48     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally got it some days ago. I'm a very happy man now. Very.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 24, 2004 08:08     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

I get lots of stuff from Europe faster than I do domesticly... strange indeed. Maybe just better work ethics, and they don't sit on orders.

This is emarrasing. Don't order it from CDON.COM..[edit: CDON in Sweden]...they'll sit on your order.They are actually sitting on my order here in sweden. Did I get it within 6 days? Nooooo!

quote"There has been a delay, we are sorry for the ..bla bla

Why didn't I go for Metalblade myself. Me stupid.

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 24, 2004 09:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got something that left London England on tuesday (the 20th) and it came in on the 23rd (friday)... that was super fast.
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 24, 2004 09:21     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, when I order from CD-baby in US I always get the albums in 5 - 6 days. From US to europe in 5 days, that is fast.

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 24, 2004 10:01     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, I mailed stuff to several different countries in Europe and they all delivered in 5 - 8 days. Mailed something to Canada the same day and it took 13 days to deliver. Airmail, at that. (I'm talking personal mail, where I know exactly when something was sent - not something ordered online.)

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan