my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 5uu's, Thinking Plague & Avant/ PROG fans: Listen Up!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 5uu's, Thinking Plague & Avant/ PROG fans: Listen Up!!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 05, 2004 17:58     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I know at least a few of you are into this stuff, and many more of you would be if you had the chance hear some of it. If you remember, I tried to expose some new ears via the 'Diversions' thread, (which will be resurrected this week) and also with the PMS discs - and so far the response to these particular bands has been extremely positive.

Well NOW, the mastermind behind some of the most powerful, complex and INTENSE music of today has decided to get into the business end of things, in an attempt to allow this music further recognition. 5uu's founder/ percussionist Dave Kerman has recently launched ReR USA, which is a continuation of the long-running shop in the UK - and people like us are being depended upon to get the word out and help support this cause.

Dave has now made it much easier to purchase some of the best music around for all us Prog fans here in North America, and he will also be re-releasing the back catalogs of artists like Fred Frith, Thinking Plague, and TP forerunners Venus Handcuffs, among many others. The prices and shipping are very reasonable.

Here's the site:

If you are looking for some unusual, challenging and ass-kicking music to listen to & expand your horizons, look no further.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 06, 2004 08:13     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Tangento! Keep on spreading the word! I just discovered Thinking Plague because of the PMS, it's good to know about that.

And btw, Fred Frith works very often with musicians from Montréal (I once talked on this forum about Jean Derome and René Lussier, well Frith is buddy with them). And BTW (part 2 of the By The Way series): I'm seriously thinking about making a little sampler of Derome and Lussier material for youze guyz (Tango, schroeder and Mez). Stay tuned!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 06, 2004 14:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, this sounds good. Hope he can make a little cash for his efforts. I'll definitely be purchasing some things. I really want some 5uu's albums.

Tango, do you know the group XLegged Sally?? Didn't know if you'd heard their stuff that Neutrino posted a while back. Similar to the 5vers but a bit more rock.

And Mal, anything you want to send me would be greatly appreciated. I'll definitely return the favor.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan