my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Noise records - KT Reissue

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noise records - KT Reissue
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted April 05, 2004 10:26     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sent an email to Dirk (get this) Putzke at Sanctuary Records in London. They control the rights to the old VV catalog. Here is the email I sent.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 March 2004 22:16
To: Info
Cc: chris@chophouserecords.com
Subject: Noise Records.

I am a Voivod and Celtic Frost fan from the 80's. It is my understanding your company controls the publishing rights to Noise Records and is putting out a compilation of CF's early works. I was wondering if you have any plans to re-release some of the early Voivod material. I know that the U.S. label "Metal Blade" is releasing Voivod's 1st album, War and Pain, with some old material. There is a market in across the world who would be very excited for their (Voivod) material to be reformatted and released. They are now signed with the San Francisco based label, Chophouse Records and can be reached at http://www.chophouserecords.com. If you have any doubts about their following or if there is a market for this material. Go to the several Voivod fan web pages and ask them.

Please consider looking into this.

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Thomas B Sawyer

Notice I CC'd Chris at the Chophouse. I then received this response from sanctuary.

"Hi Thomas,

thanks for your mail. We would consider a re-release but the band would have to show some interest in this first.

All the best
Dirk"

I want KT reissued! Anyone else?

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 05, 2004 10:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is way better then reissue of the W&P imo. But i think i would buy any reissue from W&P unto Nothingface.

So let it come......

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 05, 2004 11:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If this could help, I'll add my voice to Tom's plea:

YES YES YES YES and YES, we Voivodfans want a KT reissue! With good mastering, original tracklisting (put Too Scared... and Cockroaches at the end of the album), liner notes and extra stuff (demos, shows...).

Come on Away, you know you wanna do it, KT is your favorite Vod album!!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 05, 2004 12:20     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES! I second the motion. Oh wait a minute....ummmm, I FOURTH the motion!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 05, 2004 12:24     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTG, Tom! Nice job taking it straight to the source.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 05, 2004 12:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice letter Tom. Yes, this album, above all others, needs a proper remaster/reissue with demos, live tunes, the promo for 'Ravenous', and all kinds of artwork.

Alas, that reply says it all... the band will have to put some effort into making this happen, and I don't really see that happening, unfortunately. They haven't even announced the War & Pain reissue on the official site yet.

BTW - ordered my $25 copy of the W&P reissue today... big mulah, but hadda have it!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2004 12:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not holding my breath.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 05, 2004 14:38       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone have email address for any members of the band? I'll email them daily to see if i can get some action in the remastering dept.
IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2004 14:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And while youre at it, ask 'em about the art book, the dvd, the iron gang reissues, the website, etc etc etc etc etc.
Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted April 05, 2004 14:51     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a great idea, but it unfortunately depends on the band management. The guys could be dead and nobody will be inform. Is it a hiatus again ? Are they plan to tour this summer ? are they recording a new album ?

I wish a knew the one who knows...

Sorry for my bad English!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 05, 2004 15:22     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not holding my breath as well, as far as band interest goes, but it would surely be much appreciated, so, count me in!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 05, 2004 17:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, LEvil, also ask Away why he looks like a skunk now and if he has any plans for a hair salon in the near future.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 05, 2004 17:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, what's wrong with looking like a skunk?
I have the white hair streak myself.
Me thinks it quite cool. At least I don't smell like a skunk.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 05, 2004 17:45     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this would totally rule. but not as much as my War & Pain reissue.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 05, 2004 21:42       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sent the word out through the Iron Gang board,Voivod.net and i sent personal message to Away,Piggy,Snake,Jasonic and the Chophouse so one of these should get through to the band.
We'll see what happens if anything.

IP: Logged
The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted April 06, 2004 10:10     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
with demos

the elusive KT preproduction demos eh?...
someone in the dark has those I swear...

quote:
They haven't even announced the War & Pain reissue on the official site yet.

thought that site was dead...
there aint been no news in ages...

...and the Skul is right, there's been talk about the Iron Gang reissues and about Away's book for years now... fuck me but how can they not have any time for this, they are not even touring consistantly...
and guess we europeans wont even have a fucking chance to see them in 2004... again...

Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted April 06, 2004 16:42     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice move Tomsayer
Count me in as well

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 06, 2004 17:52     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Arrr! If it counts for anything, I throw my backing behind this noble venture as well.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 06, 2004 23:26     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They need to re-issue ALL the older albums like the W&P re-issue. All the way up to The Outer Limits. Then they need to release the "lost" Eric album.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 06, 2004 23:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now dont get me wrong... i would LOVE! to see all these records reissued (especially KT... the cd mastering sucks).

I just don't get excited with false hopes.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 07, 2004 00:58     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe we should start a email drive for this? And maybe a signature thing?

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 07, 2004 08:03     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeeeeeh! Let's get excited with false hope!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 07, 2004 11:16     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huzzah for false hope! It ain't gonna happen, but who can take happy delusions away from a man?
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted April 07, 2004 14:40     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the kind words. It is my opinion that if you dont ask for something you will NEVER get it. Meaning, if I ask 100 beautiful women out and they all say no, what have I lost. I am still alone, and maybe one will eventually reconcider. The only thing I have given up is my time. I dont know, KT is one of my favorite all time recordings by any band. I would love to see it remastered.

Maybe if we all sent Chris at the chophouse and Email he may repond.

I dont know if it worth the time to send the email, but what the fuck? Why not ask?

The worst that can happen is that the request is ignored?

Fuck it! Take a chance. It would take more time to reply to this, that it would to shoot an email.

VOIVOD FANS UNITE! WE WANT KT REMASTERED NOW!!!!

now I will get off my soapbox and go back to watching Rugrats with my daughters.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan