my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Voivod album anticipation thread (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: New Voivod album anticipation thread
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 05, 2004 07:07     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, since we're not getting any info from the band regarding the next album (or anything else really...), I thought we could start another totally useless "guess what the album is going to sound like" discussion.

Personally I think they're cooking up something that differs from the s/t quite drastically. That's because the initial excitement of getting together with Snake and Jasonic has turned into unprecedented musical ambition, an attempt to go beyond everything that's been done already...

Or then it's going to be a s/t II. Nothing wrong with that either, but considering their true potential it would seem a waste of talent. We'll see!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 05, 2004 08:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They should do a double album with only four 20 minutes song on it about indian spirituality (oops, been listening too much to Yes' Topographic Oceans lately, sorry bout that).

Anyway, only two words for Voivod, really:

CONCEPT ALBUM

With sound effects, weird Piggy chords, weird lyrics, accordian, and why not a Van der Graff cover!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 05, 2004 09:16       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be happy with any of the previously mentioned ideas but i would love for it to be heavier than the last album.
I love the last album but i would love it more if it was heavier.
That's all i ask....HEAVIER!

but any VOIVOD album is better than no VOIVOD album.

IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 05, 2004 10:36     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope it'll sound like Marco Borsato together with Treintje Oosterhuis produced by Manke Nelis.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2004 12:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there even gonna be another record?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 05, 2004 13:15     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Is there even gonna be another record?

I think I remember Newsted saying something about a 2-album contract, so I'm guessing they'll crank out at least one more. Let's hope they throw all commercial concerns to the wind and let the experimentation fly!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 05, 2004 17:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with X-D.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 05, 2004 17:42     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i am sure there will be another album, i think i read also in past interviews w/ jason, that they were slated for 2 albums ? so far there has been only one.

i am not too pressed for a new release, the s/t is a new entity in its own, they'll get around to it.

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted April 12, 2004 19:29     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wouldnt mind a record with some Phobos feeling. Dark and heavy as shit but with Snake on vox. That would rock.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted April 14, 2004 04:41     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm totally with Maldorrröööaaarrr:
it's time for a Van Der Graaf Generator cover. I read that Voivod had in mind for a long time to covering Man-Erg, but they never recorded it on album.
Maybe it could exist some demo version around...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted April 14, 2004 09:49     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like "phobos". Wouldn't mind something like that with Snake on the vox, just as "code" suggested.

or whatever above if they just release any album this year.

European tour please!!!

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted April 14, 2004 16:06     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like something less commercial than their last, which fell short of the standard.

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted April 14, 2004 16:15     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I loved the last record. The truly great thing about Voivod is that they can do Dimension Hatross and Angel Rat and Phobos and the S/T and every one is excellent but very different from the other. Everything they do can stand on it's own. Becasue of the past I would imagine that the new record will be very different, but even if it's the same it will still be outstanding.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 14, 2004 16:21     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't hope they make an album they think the fans want to hear, I hope they make an album where they are doing exactly what they want themselves.

Let this new chapter REALLY be a new chapter.

And, if remotely possible, before 2012. Before the end of this world.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted April 14, 2004 16:29     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope it will be symphonic and psychedelic; with great futuristic anthems full of energy; just like the good old Dimension Hatröss album...
Just a dream...

--------------------

What the...?

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted April 14, 2004 20:23     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:

The end of the world, or the end of this era?

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 14, 2004 21:26     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neoclassical:
I would like something less commercial than their last, which fell short of the standard.

it mixes very well with the Outer Limits, but slightly heavier elements in other ways. it fits right in my catalog

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 15, 2004 03:34     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed, Phobos on steroids! I hope it's different than the last with louder and weirder guitars! A few Piggy solos! A cross between DH and Phobos would be lovely and set my heart afire!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 15, 2004 15:40     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This era it is, the new VV album will announce the new era. Only the Chosen Ones will remain to see it.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted April 15, 2004 16:59     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I liked "Voivod". The only thing which concerns me is the only thing Jasonic seems to be working on (besides hair growth) is his other side projects.

Just my $0.02 worth.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 15, 2004 19:08     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If they revisit the wierdness of Dimension Hatross, and cross it with the sheer aggression of Killing Technology I will be a very happy bunny.

Then I woke up...

Got a feeling it will follow on from the s/t album. Which I would find mildly disappointing.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 16, 2004 01:05     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And please turn up Jason in the mix. Dammit. (I'm a bass player and gripe loudly whenever the bass isn't front and center on *any* album.)

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 16, 2004 05:43     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:
If they revisit the wierdness of Dimension Hatross, and cross it with the sheer aggression of Killing Technology I will be a very happy bunny.

Then I woke up...

Got a feeling it will follow on from the s/t album. Which I would find mildly disappointing.

You and me both, Knicker. I'd actually be pretty happy if they went back to the Negatron/Phobos sound. At least that was recognizably Voivod, heavier than fuck, and it's probably more likely than a KT/DH revisitation, unfortunately.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted April 16, 2004 14:52     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I hope it'll sound like Marco Borsato together with Treintje Oosterhuis produced by Manke Nelis.

NOOOOO!!!! Not Marco.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 17, 2004 01:13     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:

2012, the year the Mayan calender ends! Unfortunately, I think it all comes to a grinding halt next year!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan