my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » DESOLATION: industrial ruins images

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DESOLATION: industrial ruins images
druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted April 02, 2004 17:29     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if you love the b/w photo and if you have a feeling with the ruins,industrial ruins,please visit these sites: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/4892/iindds.htm?iinddsln.htm

....or search DESOLATION on altavista,this site is write in italian and there are many lynks.

and:
www.home2.planetinternet.be/hank/

ciao

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 02, 2004 17:39     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK! Those are killer! This is my kind of stuff man, thanks. (that second link is dead, though)
I have quite a few links to sites like this on the Weirdness pages:
Weirdness

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted April 02, 2004 18:09     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ehi Tangento,you can find the second link in DESOLATION,maybe i'm wrong to write it.
It 's a weird and strange emotion look these images. Mechanical giant spiders surround
a peaceful herd of mammuth-this is an image of my mind.
no original,but i love cross prehistoric times and hard stuff.-

i love the factory in the snow,black and white photo.
ciao

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 02, 2004 22:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!

I know where I'm going next time I need to create some covers for a bootleg cd!!!

Thanks for the link

--------------------

yawn

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted April 03, 2004 06:00     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great find druillet.

I used to live right next to the mine of Waterschei. It also was the mine my dad worked in untill they closed it down in the 80's...

This was about the same view I had in my bedroom at the time: HERE

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted April 05, 2004 12:07     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent post!!

Do you know where I could find pictures of nuclear factories?

Thanks

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 05, 2004 12:32     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marco:
Excellent post!!

Do you know where I could find pictures of nuclear factories?

Thanks

I'll find you some, marco. Meanwhile, have a look at this ABANDONED MISSILE SILO

And... CHERNOBYL: The Ultimate Ghosttown

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 05, 2004 13:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Tangento for the Chernobyl link. Very interesting. She says that the silence there is so spooky that tourists want to leave after 15 minutes!
druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted April 05, 2004 14:26     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the Chernobyl's area is the new great wilderness area of Europe.
No humans,a new habitat for animals and trees.Strange but true.
life is weird

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted April 07, 2004 09:20     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the links!

Chernobyl like old Pompei??? I think it's a brillant compairson.
Sad to say it but Chernobyl was a perfect exemple of "Killing Technology"..

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 07, 2004 14:51     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, one thing is certain: there are few if any photos of abandoned Nuclear facilities, simply because there aren't that many of them to begin with. Anyway, here are some more links of interest...

Virtual Nuclear Tourist

Nuclear Power Plants

Detailed Report on Chernobyl

Prevent A Meltdown!!
(good fucking luck! I spent an hour trying to figure it out)

I'll try to find some more...

--------------------

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted April 09, 2004 05:04     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Tangento, very interesting stuff!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 09, 2004 11:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These sites are great! If I can get this to work, check out these ruins. Not the same as nuclear power plants, but may provide an eye-opening contrast to nuclear destruction. And also follows in the vein of thedesolate.

James Q. Jacobs

If you scroll to the bottom, there are a shit ton of links to other ruins in the southwest.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted April 14, 2004 04:20     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great!!! Thank you very much!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan