my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vacationing VoivodFan Style! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Vacationing VoivodFan Style!
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 06, 2004 14:22     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm flying American Airlines, and the ticket was just over $600. Unfortunately there's exactly ONE direct flight from Seattle (on British Air) and THAT flight is about double what I paid. So I spend a little more time in transit. I was trying to wait in hopes that prices would come down, but I couldn't stand the suspense anymore...plus they were starting to go back up on me. If you found a flight for under $500 from Portland I am JEALOUS.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 06, 2004 14:38     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I didn't acually buy it since it's not yet definite that I can go.....and now that I check again, the fare is gone!! I was thinking of flying out of San Franciso.

I'll keep you all posted

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 06, 2004 14:40     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey
There might be so many Voivoders there that Eolb better book Hammersmith for a show.

Hey h, ask Wino and the Hidden boys when you meet them if they can come back in Sep to be the opening act???

That's great to hear Meg about your tickets. This will be fun

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 06, 2004 15:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is looking fun. Think I'll start pricing tix.
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 06, 2004 15:24     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I almost flew Delta, with the connection to London out of Atlanta, Mez. But I got a better price AND better flight times going through Chicago. You should be able to find pretty decent prices from the East Coast.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 06, 2004 17:15     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Do you think mom would take in Stretch temporarily?!?!

Let me have her!!! My little Rosa is not doing too well... . Seriously, she hasn't eaten in about three days and she's hiding under the bed and the couch looking limp and sad... .

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 06, 2004 17:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Straight Atlanta to London flight on Delta.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 06, 2004 17:31     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Let me have her!!! My little Rosa is not doing too well... . Seriously, she hasn't eaten in about three days and she's hiding under the bed and the couch looking limp and sad... .

Have you taken her to the vet!! And, yes you can "have" her.....temporarily I'm sure she, Cub and Gatr will get along fabulously

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 06, 2004 18:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Have you taken her to the vet!! And, yes you can "have" her.....temporarily I'm sure she, Cub and Gatr will get along fabulously

No, I haven't taken her to the vet. Remember the last time I took her to the vet, it cost me about $500.00!! That's almost a flight to London for fucks sake!
Oh boy, Cub, Gatr and Stretch together? At least they'd all match, what with them all being orange/yellow beasts...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 06, 2004 19:20     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
No, I haven't taken her to the vet. Remember the last time I took her to the vet, it cost me about $500.00!! That's almost a flight to London for fucks sake!
Oh boy, Cub, Gatr and Stretch together? At least they'd all match, what with them all being orange/yellow beasts...

If you are talking about a cat that done that, I had one that done the same thing. She had leukemia and she died because she wouldn't eat. Alot of cats who have leukemia don't neccessarily have to die if they continue to eat. They can test her for stuff for pretty cheap, but I'm sure you know leukemia can't be cured, only prevented.

I think cats with luekemia DO get sad and they are not sure what going on so they just slip away. My cat used to crawl inside the exact same cabinet and sit there untill someone opened the door. Her eyes were so glassy and she did look very sad. I didn't know what was wrong with her. We took her to the vet and had to leave her there. I was a child and she either died overnight or was put to sleep. She would sit in the exact same cabinet where the pots and pans were in the exact same spot right in front of the door as if waiting for someone to open it. It was creepy.

I honestly think she thought we were going to eat her and so she pined herself away.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 07, 2004 06:15     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey hey! This is looking promising! It's likely EOLB will be playing a gig in London in September too!

MadMeg, as you've already got your ticket, don't worry if no-one else can make it - H & I wouldn't leave you wandering around London on your own. That would just suck!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 07, 2004 13:34     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh thanks Nell, I appreciate that.

Hey, the hotels we're looking at (except Regent's Palace) are mostly in Earl's Court. Is that a good central location? It SEEMS to be judging by the maps I've seen...and there appear to be a ton of hotels there too.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 07, 2004 15:05     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be in Grand Forks, ND on May 22 & 23, so if we can get a bunch of Voivodfans there that weekend it would be a blast!

Actually, I'm just jealous that Meg is going to London. I would love to go to Europe.

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 07, 2004 17:21     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that's weird. I just looked up "catheter" which regardless of wether or not that's the correct spelling I think that's how I spelled it and "feline lower urinary tract" in the search feature...and both searches each gave me one result...which of course is in this thread exactly where I put it, but of course now, its not there.

That's very odd.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 07, 2004 17:45     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So are you

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 07, 2004 18:08     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroom:
So are you

I would ask you why but I doubt I will get an answer. I know its not because I made a post about my cat going to the vet. You can't possibly think I would take your comment seriously when all I have to do is take a look around at the world to find something "odd" so before you make an another off-the-wall remark that ammounts to the sum of nothing at all, I will say that out of all the time of posting on forums that is the only time I have seen a post disappear unless it was something I said that was off topic or I was cussing at someone for God only knows what on which day. Glitch or not, its still odd and I was pointing that out. Ya know?

Just pointing it out.
Just making a comment.
Just noticing something that is "other than the usual"

Is that confusing or something or are you just bored? Ya see, I don't know you so I really don't know what your getting at...not that it really matters, but I just thought I would ask in case there is something else you would like to say in the form of a tack-on remark.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 07, 2004 18:55     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Putz

"feline lower urinary tract"
I know VVF always goes off topic, but this is Way out there

This is a thread about a London vvf meet not about cat's being out of shape.

And for fucks sake, of course a cat with luekemia is sad, it is dying!!!!

Start a new thread about cat's and i will have no problem with that, i even like cats.
It's some owners i can't fucking stand.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 07, 2004 19:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha, thank you Senor Vroom! Yes, Putz, exactly what I was thinking. Does Charon rhyme with moron? If not, it really should. Where do these people come from? Ok, yes, I know Putz came from Georgia but its scary when you realize how many "putzs" are out there. Literally millions.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 07, 2004 19:11     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Lee

Heard you are planning to join up at the VVF convention, you better haul your ass over to abuse Guiness with us.

I'll shoot a mail later this weekend Meister

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 07, 2004 19:38     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geez Charon, take a chill pill! Whether or not this thread is about cats or vacations, you sure do take things around here waaaaay too seriously!!! It reminds me of "soap box" girl from some time ago

Anyway, I'll be in San Francisco for the 4th of July weekend!! Anyone else?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 07, 2004 19:56     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Heliplopter:
Tangento - if you're seeing The Cardiacs in London this November let me know. I usually go with a bunch of mates every year so I could get you a place to stay, no problem.

It'll be the...oh...4th time for me, and about the 17th for my mates.

Yo! EKH! Killer. I am still seriously thinking about doing this thing. I'll definitely let you know well in advance either way. I am just bummed that Meg & everyone else will be going at a different time. It would be great to get that many VVF-ers together at once.

Oh WHELL, maybe another time.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 07, 2004 20:00     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn...that's funny.

First of all. I don't think I'm the one who needs a chill pill and this all makes perfect sense. Let me break it down for ya.

I'm sure that few people have been offended by things I might have said in the past, which was said because of things they said that offended me and that explains why I asked you about your orange cat you ignored me. Fine, big deal. Whatever. Thats your choice. I bring this up because I didn't ask anyone anything in this thread... anything. There's no point in it. Sometimes I just like to hand out trivial information...and thats exactly what that was but you didn't reply so oh well. It just had to do with certain types of cats and the frequency of genders in them...just trivial information, no big deal. About the luekemia thing...I was trying to be helpful...not because I want to be you guys freind or anything (especially not Mez) like that because I take two minutes out of my life to make a post, but because I like cats. You'd think I was agonizing for companionship here to the point where I'd break some unspoken post law, which I have found that is...don't post at all. Anyway...A cat with Luekemia is not neccessarily dying. Whatever your name was missed my point. Some cats with luekemia live a normal lifespan, especially if their appetite stays normal and regardless of what anyone thinks, you CAN stimulate an animals appetite through diet and how they feel about their surroundings. A cat with luekemia is not neccessarily depressed either and this is the point I'm trying to make, but if a cat with luekemia DOES get depressed the chances are very good that it will die very quickly because in fear and depression it will stop eating. You can take that information or leave it, but despite my differences I offered it because thats how I am. Why would I start another thread when I was talking about Luna's cat in the thread where she was TALKING ABOUT IT? That's just dumb. How is that off topic if I wasn't the first one to bring it up. It doesn't look like I'm the one who's "odd" or needs to take a chill pill. Go ahead. Make a mountain out of a mole hill, but you still failed to tell me what makes me odd has opposed to you.

...but I already knew that.

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 07, 2004 20:09     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah...

The post about Feline lower urinary tract disease that "disappeared" ....is caused by magnesium in cheap food and if a cat developes it like my cat did and it stops peeing, it can die within a day from uremia.

HAA!..HAA!

Like it not there you have it so if you feed your animal something other than the best you will very likely one day have to spend alot of money at the vet like I just did.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 07, 2004 20:21     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry Tangento.

Much as I wish you could join us (and I would also love to see Cardiacs), there's no way I can get time off in November. It took much discussion to settle on September as you can see by the progress of planning in this thread.

It's unfortunately virtually impossible to find a time that works for everyone. Perhaps someone should petition the Cardiacs to change their gig to the first week of Sept...then you could come!

p.s. Don't you reply to emails anymore? Or does your email service still have that irrational hatred of mine?

--------------------

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 07, 2004 20:26     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Portuga...

YOU'RE OFF TOPIC BUDDY!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan