my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vacationing VoivodFan Style! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Vacationing VoivodFan Style!
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 02, 2004 17:11     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, so Vroom, Angel Rat, and I have been talking for a while about possibly meeting up in London sometime. Well...originally we were gonna wait until Voivod toured there, but god knows when that'll happen. So we're thinking August (edit - make that early September) might be a nice time. Anybody else interested?

We're definitely hoping to meet up with you native British peoples (ahem: h, emlyn, lyc, apologies if I'm forgetting anyone else) over there, and anybody else who thinks they can make it is of course welcome! The more the merrier!

I personally don't plan on flying all the way over there just for a couple of days, so I'm looking at about a week. Anybody who's interested, let me know what week works for you! I would also appreciate any recommendations hotel-wise from those of you who reside in London. (think cheap )

No this is not a late April Fool's joke, I am completely serious! Hope to see some of you there.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 02, 2004 17:34     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was actually considering heading over there in November, because Cardiacs are playing - and they don't play much these days. (they also have NEVER played in the States) Many, many things would have to fall into place in order for this to ever happen, but I shall dream away in the meantime. Anyway, have a blast if you make it out there everyone, and snap some photos!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 02, 2004 17:44     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES
We have been discussing this orgy in Guiness abusement on the chat for a while

Sometime this summer when Harry, Nell and the Boss bunch hopefully performes in London we were thinking about a VVF convention. How many are interested in exploring Queen Elisabeth, her pubs and the Armstrong bunch hangouts for a week or so?

My best shot would be in Late July, early August. But anythings possible.

Me personally wants to see how long it will take to drink a beer with Angelslowmotionrat and bore the socks of Meg visiting WW2 museums admireing Mousquitos, Hurricanes and other relics

Any interest? Post it then and the plannning will get impossible to realise

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 02, 2004 18:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a great idea MadnessthatisMeg.
What about other bands playing there in August? I don't think I can make it, but definitely see who is playing when you do get your plans knocked out.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 02, 2004 22:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If the Delaware/London tunnel is completed by August, I'll make the drive and meet everyone... maybe EOLB can play a show!!!

--------------------

yawn

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 03, 2004 03:55     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great guys! I may (just may) be able to make a day trip out that way at some point. Hmm. I'll have to check some things, but I'd definitely be up for it. August would be best for me, seeing as I'll be off school by then, and the girlfriend's dragging me to Reading at any rate...
Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 03, 2004 06:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like fun...but im think ill be heading out to either colorado, vegas, or L.A. in august (where ever they decide the 'STOCKAGE festival will be this year).

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 03, 2004 19:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now this is a trip I would like to take!!! Wonder what tix are going for now?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 05, 2004 08:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! If it ever happen, take many pics! This is going to be historical (AND hysterical)!

Unfortunately for me, low finance and the imminent buying of a house makes it impossible for me to join you guys. Oh well.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 05, 2004 10:37     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I can tell you that it's rumoured that EOLB will be playing in London with The Hidden Hand on July 5th. If you guys all turn up it'll be our biggest crowd yet!!
Anyway, as far as accomodation goes you're all welcome to crash on me & nells floor. We just moved this weekend (again!) but there ain't much space! If you'd rather have an actual bed to sleep in, there's a few hostels and b&b's dotted around that we can put you in touch with. Keep us informed of your plans. We'll help in whatever way we can. It'd be killer to hang out with you lot. I'll get my arse in the chatroom at somepoint. It tends to crash my machine at work though. Something to do with the bloody firewalls. Bastards!!! I'd wait and see though... I got a feeling that Voivod may well be over here this year. They bloody better be anyway. EOLB need to blag the support slot!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 05, 2004 11:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Well, I can tell you that it's rumoured that EOLB will be playing in London with The Hidden Hand on July 5th.

Very cool indeed! Say hello to Wino on behalf of all of us VVfans!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 05, 2004 12:32     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, July 5th? I wish...and I suppose it's not impossible, but it would be very difficult. No, I'm afraid the last week of July I can do if necessary, anytime in August works, but early July is out for me. Pity. Bet it'll be a killer show, though!

actually.....thinking....

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 05, 2004 12:37     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you serious!!!!!!

Eolb & Hidden hand

I'll sleep standing for that man...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 05, 2004 16:00     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slight change of schedule - due to events beyond our control, early August will not work. We are now looking at the last week of August (which runs into the first part of September) or the second week (first full week) of September. If that doesn't make sense, take a look at a calendar and all should become clear. If nothing else, that's more time to save up a little cash to pay for the trip!

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 05, 2004 16:11     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento - if you're seeing The Cardiacs in London this November let me know. I usually go with a bunch of mates every year so I could get you a place to stay, no problem.

It'll be the...oh...4th time for me, and about the 17th for my mates.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 05, 2004 18:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Well, I can tell you that it's rumoured that EOLB will be playing in London with The Hidden Hand on July 5th.

its going to blow their minds !

**WARNING**
for other bands playing with H.H. or (WINO) 'your guitarist' needs a minimum of 2500 watts of power to wail out that wall of sound and wave of air that flows over you when that first chord is struck.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 06, 2004 11:08     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey all - sorry, but i've just found this thread!
EOLB have just been confirmed to play with The Hidden Hand in London on 10th July.

Anyone still have plans to come visit these here parts? (i don't mean mine personally)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 06, 2004 11:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The whole trip thing is still on. I fully intend on trying to make it, as do (I believe) Meg, Vroom, Angel Rat, Mez (?), the Helicopter (?) and a few others. Meg has a better idea than I of who's coming.
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 06, 2004 11:41     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool. I'm well up for meeting a few VVFs. Especially Lyc, whom i believe to be a 50+ year old German!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 06, 2004 12:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boy, what a trip this would be. I've been to the continent twice but never made it over to England. Sure would be fun to meet these people. So what's the latest Meg/Vroom/Rat???
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 06, 2004 12:46     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you're looking for a hotel in London with a very central location the Regent Palace is pretty good. Old hotel but not too expensive and right on Piccadily Circus (pretty close to the Astoria, Hammersmith and MeanFiddler). Stayed there a few times to see Napalm Death in London.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 06, 2004 13:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Boy, what a trip this would be. I've been to the continent twice but never made it over to England. Sure would be fun to meet these people. So what's the latest Meg/Vroom/Rat???

Yes, what is the latest?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 06, 2004 13:23     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are still in VVchat discussionmode here. I've stayed in Regent Palace hotel before and you can't live more central than that, but we also have some smaller places in mind.

Plans so far are like follows:
1. A visit to the Imperial war museum to see some georgeus Fighterplanes

2. Drink morbid amounts of the black Gold from Ireland

3. Hopefully seeing EOLB perform for us too.

The dates we have discussed are from September 4th to Sep 10-12th

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 06, 2004 14:03     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those dates better be pretty solid because I have officially purchased my plane ticket. I will be arriving at Heathrow airport sometime in the vicinity of noonish, Saturday September 4! So if Vroom or AngelRat back out of this I will NOT be happy.

Hotel is still the subject of discussion. We can get by fairly cheap by sharing rooms. If Vroom, AR and I are the only ones flying in, we've talked about getting a triple room and splitting the cost. If anyone else is planning to join us please let us know! Hotels in London are expensive but once you start splitting those costs in half or thirds they become almost affordable. However, the hotels we've looked at are on the small side and I feel the sooner we book our room(s) the better. So feel free to email me if you're contemplating joining us (or jump in chat, I'm there WAY too much ).

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 06, 2004 14:12     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Umm, I wanna visit too!! Those dates are PERFECT for me!! Luna, slugbutt....what you think? I think I may pack up (or sell all my shit) and take some time off. Of course I'll have to stop home to visit and do the D.C. trip too!! Oh, I hope it all works out!!! Do you think mom would take in Stretch temporarily?!?!

COUNT ME IN!!!! (for now). MadMeg, what was your ticket price? I looked a few days ago and found one for just under $500 RT....

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan