my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » trying to figure out who this song is by...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: trying to figure out who this song is by...
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 28, 2004 07:39     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hello brethren, i need some help trying to figure out who is the artist of this certain song. i heard it on the classic rock station and i have heard the song a million times before but i can not remember who it is from and the title of the song.
anyway here it goes a few lines from the song go like this,

Come on people now
smile on your brother
everybody get togeather
try to love one another right now

thanks for any help, theres alot more lyrics but i am not sure how it goes.

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted March 28, 2004 08:35     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Get Together' by the New York band The Youngbloods released in 1969.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted March 28, 2004 09:09     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found on amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000011T7/qid=1080483111/sr=1-14/ref=sr_1_0_14/202-3001719-9259832

song written by: Chet Powers [a.k.a. Dino Valenti]
http://www.guitarboard.com/gtabs/16/23944.php

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 28, 2004 09:31     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excellent guys, thats it.
thanks alot \m/

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 30, 2004 04:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, didn't K.Kobain cite that on "Nevermind"? In the beginning of some track (In Bloom maybe?) he says something along those lines with a distorted voice...hmmm. Have to give the record a spin.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 30, 2004 08:39     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds like that band with the sullen Scandinavian fellows who wear corpsepaint and have a tough-to-decipher logo.

Cryptonecropsy?
Fnagnrfoffle?
Twilight's Bowel Movement?
Atheistic Whackfest?
Merde du morts?

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted March 30, 2004 08:49     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
....Eeeeoooooorrrrruuuuuhhhhh! [/i]

Anyone?
(j/k)

I know! That had to be the swedish group ABBA, when they tried to "get into" Metal..... ......... Or maybe somebody left the studio mic. ON, and tried to sing along to the "Death Metal".

(j/k)

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 30, 2004 11:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Maybe one of you can help me, I heard this song on a college radio station during their death metal hour. The lyrics go something like this:

Aaaahhh Rruuuuwwwwnn OOoooooRRrrrr...

Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!
Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!

...Eeeeoooooorrrrruuuuuhhhhh!

Anyone?
(j/k)

Must have been played during the classic portion. It's Venom's "Aaaaarrrrrghh!", that's for sure.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 30, 2004 12:07     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!
Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!

That's positively "Thy Summons The Forgotten Gods of Bong-Lôd-Ov-H'ash on the Misty Hill of the Lost Mountain of the Forest of Blärgh while Choking on Strawberry Yogurt" by Decrepicted Person, on their "Really Really Evil Stuff" album. There's a little mistake on your transcript tho: we should read "...Eeeeoooooorrrrrrruuuuuhhhhh" with seven "r", not "...Eeeeoooooorrrrruuuuuhhhhh" like you wrote (I checked the lyrics sheet).

Thank you.

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 30, 2004 16:00     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Hey, didn't K.Kobain cite that on "Nevermind"? In the beginning of some track (In Bloom maybe?) he says something along those lines with a distorted voice...hmmm. Have to give the record a spin.

You're absolutely right. It's in the beginning of "Territorial Pissings". Thank you for that link, Väinä.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 30, 2004 18:16     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Maybe one of you can help me, I heard this song on a college radio station during their death metal hour. The lyrics go something like this:

Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!
Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!

Anyone?
(j/k)

atleast someone knew the song, the DJ still has not replied.
(ClearChannel) fag!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 30, 2004 18:23     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and all this raises another question...
why would have Kurt chosen to mock that tune, or was it really a mockery ?

Radman
VoivodFan
Member # 375

posted March 30, 2004 20:57     Profile for Radman   Email Radman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually it was Krist Novoselic that yelled that intro to Territorial Pissings.As for why they may have "mocked" it,just listen to TP for god's sake.Pure Punky Rocky Rolly,baby!The antithesis of the 60's hippie culture,right?

--------------------

Hate your enemies
Save your friends
Find your place
Speak the truth

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 31, 2004 02:50     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, does anyone own that record, or more specifically an mp3 of that song? It would sure be interesting to hear it, especially after Radman's description of the song, hehehe!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 31, 2004 05:59     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
personally, i like the Youngbloods version better.

Get Togeather.mp3

and the alternate version...

Nirvana

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 31, 2004 13:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy fusilli, that was quick! Thanks a plenty, Hatross!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan