my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jim Rome (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Jim Rome
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 24, 2004 10:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did anyone catch the Rome show yesterday afternoon? His take on Yngwie Malmsteen, on a sports radio show, no less...it was fucking hilarious.
War Malmsteen, War Albuquerque tour stop!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 24, 2004 17:43     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHA! That is HILARIOUS. I wish I'd heard it.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2004 15:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Note to all Rome fans on Voivodfan.com:
May 15, 2004
Jim Rome Tour Stop in none other than:
Albucrackee

I know, just me, Slugbuttress and Tangento are fans of the Rome show. Now, the rest of you's vvfans, get on it
[EMAIL]jimrome.com[/EMAIL]

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 16, 2004 15:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For those Rome fans, and others who are not fans but just might be interested in registering for a FREE trip to Albuquerque...whew. Go to Jim Rome.com to register for a trip here for the May 15th Albuquerque Tour Stop.

Jim Rome

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 20, 2004 11:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess no one is interested in winning a trip to Albucrackee...tsk, tsk.

Here's more sports news: Bonds is the Devil!

SF Giants

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 20, 2004 11:44     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My buddy at work has a bunch of CDRs of Jim Rome on his show. He's a bit of a sports geek.
One of the best was Rome had some caller on (one of the regulars) and the caller was talking about some team who got knocked out of the playoffs. The guy says "They're done. D-O-E-N. Done!" Rome starts laughing about how the guy can't spell. Funny shit. Now at work whenever one of us finishes a job we say "D-O-E-N. Done!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 20, 2004 12:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuclear Vampire: that is fucking funny as hell! I love Jim Rome. I'm listening right now as I type this...hooray for Live Streamlink...it f-ing rules.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 20, 2004 12:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
My buddy at work has a bunch of CDRs of Jim Rome on his show.

My old man and I have been trying to figure out how to put Romey's shows on CDR. How do we do that? Alright...I'm D-O-E-N, Done!

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 20, 2004 16:12     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He got these clips off Winmx. There's TONS of his shit out there.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 20, 2004 23:03     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
D-O-E-N! hahahaa That's D-U-M-B!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 20, 2004 23:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Here's more sports news: Bonds is the Devil!

...But in SF he's God! BTW, Jasonic is his roid connection.

I used to watch the Jim Rome show on FSN way back when. I think he's alright...That video clip of him calling Jim Everett (former LA Rams quarterback) "Chris Everett" on purpose cracks me up.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 21, 2004 10:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, the Chris Everett take is hilarious!
So, SluggyMahn! I picked up my dukets for Rome's appearance in May. These things are awesome. I cannot wait to hang around a bunch of drunken-sports-fan-Rome-hangers-on!
I'm going to get drunk myself and geek the fuck out!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 21, 2004 11:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'roids, schmoids...speaking of drug enhancement crap in sports. Is anyone else here a fan of cycling? I was saddened to hear of the Italian cyclist, Marco Pantani's passing. Il Pirata was always great to watch in the mountains.

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 21, 2004 11:07     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
'roids, schmoids...speaking of drug enhancement crap in sports. Is anyone else here a fan of cycling? I was saddened to hear of the Italian cyclist, Marco Pantani's passing. Il Pirata was always great to watch in the mountains.

Yes, I'm a huge cycling fan - almost more than hockey even (but not quite). I was also very sad to hear of Pantani's passing.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 21, 2004 13:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cycle Sport's April '04 issue has a great write-up about Pantani. Great photos.
Here's other sites to check out:

Pantani 97

Fan Site

Pantani's Website

The Fan Site starts with a great song about Pantani, I just heard it and I got all choked up...
Who can translate the Italian?

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 13, 2004 13:47     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rome will be in town THIS Saturday, May 15th!!! On a cool note, local "Clone", Mike Trujillo is featured on the cover of the ABQ. Tribune....Albuquerque Tribune

Not only does Mike sport the bobble-head Rome on his leg, he (being a class VOIVOD FAN)also has some darned beautiful Voivod tattoos on his body...all bow before the greatness that is MIKE TRUJILLO!!

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 13, 2004 15:05     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHERE?!?!

Oh, here....
Too bad we can't see it very well!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 13, 2004 18:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops! It's been moved to the Archives section...search for Rabid for Rome.
Sorry dudes! Hopefully the picture is a little bigger.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 21, 2004 21:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's Mike's Jim Rome tattoo!

--------------------

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 22, 2004 03:20     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Cycle Sport's April '04 issue has a great write-up about Pantani. Great photos.
Here's other sites to check out:

Pantani 97

Fan Site

Pantani's Website

The Fan Site starts with a great song about Pantani, I just heard it and I got all choked up...
Who can translate the Italian?

I can translate if you want, just post the words.

I have a friend who is total addicted to cycling, He made long distance trip to see some cycling races...
I, instead don't like it very much, are you following the Giro d'Italia? there are some new young guys who seems to be the substitutes of Pantani.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 22, 2004 03:27     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Here's Mike's Jim Rome tattoo!

Hate to say this, but that looks just a tad like the bartender from the Love Boat.
And is it me, or is "Mike" wearing a leather skirt??

(Jus' kidding, man - that is some very cool art)

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 22, 2004 13:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mike in a leather skirt...hmmm. I think not.
Tangento, the Rome Tour Stop was one rocking affair of drunken sport fans baking in the hot New Mexican sun...and I had a great time. We were in front of chanting-sport-fans and two rows in front of the kid who puked all over the place. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to Mike at the Tour Stop. I have photos, but check out the photos at Jim Rome's website. I did get photos of Silkbra and Greg in Vegas. Fun was had by all.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 22, 2004 23:46     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too bad the fotog didn't get fotos of Mike's Voivod tats as well! He's the guy that turned me on to 'vod back in '86, '87? I can't remember the year but I remember the party! D'town Abq. pulled over for driving the wrong way on a one way, cop made us open every can of beer and pour it on the street and he let us go on our merry way. Went to the party and Mike got pissed at the music that was on and took it upon himself to change the 'vibe', and that he did! I was thinking, "What the hell is this noise?" "What's the singer saying?" "Is that English?" "Is the guitar tuned?" "What a cool name for a band!" Meanwhile, Mike was thrashing around the living room by himself, crashing into people, spilling beers, and yelling something about Korgull and Morgoth. I thought he was the coolest dude ever listening to a band with the coolest name ever. He was the Tasmanian Devil for a night and we all had a good laugh and more beer! Ah, the '80's!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 24, 2004 10:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Went to the party and Mike got pissed at the music that was on and took it upon himself to change the 'vibe', and that he did!...Meanwhile, Mike was thrashing around the living room by himself, crashing into people, spilling beers, and yelling something about Korgull and Morgoth. I thought he was the coolest dude ever listening to a band with the coolest name ever. He was the Tasmanian Devil for a night and we all had a good laugh and more beer! Ah, the '80's!

Holy shit, slug, I never knew that! Mike thrashing around the living room by himself! Fucking funny. Mike fucking rules! And I'm sure he still thrashes around people's livingrooms by himself to this day.
It's a shame no one reads the JIM ROME thread, because that is one hilarious story! You losers....

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 25, 2004 09:54     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
It's a shame no one reads the JIM ROME thread, because that is one hilarious story! You losers....

Indeed, it's a good story! Thanks!

But who the hell is Jim Rome?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan