my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Death Angel....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Death Angel....
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 21, 2004 20:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello kids, care for a preview?

death_angel_-_thrown_to_the_wolves.mp3

I'll review the album (the Art of Dying) tommorow sometimes. In the meantine, crank that beeyotch!

|  IP: Logged
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted March 21, 2004 20:36     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like DA picked up right where they left off. Now I really can't wait for the new record.

Thanks for the preview Skulhed!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 21, 2004 20:55     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wahoooooo!! thanx skul!
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted March 22, 2004 00:03     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If Act III was up your alley, you should dig the new one.

I'm curious aboout what you think of it, Skully.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 22, 2004 07:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SKULLman, I wish I had your connections!!!

I've been waiting a long time for this one to be unleashed. Playing it now, and I feel like diving off my desk!!! FUCKIN' SMOKIN"... not that I expected anything less from these guys!!!

Thanx bro

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 22, 2004 18:27     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
!!!!!!!MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!

schroedman, bleed with me! *bangs forehead against workdesk corner much too hard*

It's a magical experience to hear the only and original vocalist sound just like he did before, and the song is plain killer material too! Woohoo! thanks for the preview!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 22, 2004 18:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IT'S GOOD TO BE METAL

I just picked up EXODUS 'Tempo Of The Damned' and love it!!!

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 22, 2004 22:38     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't stand his voice.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 22, 2004 23:33     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin' excellent! Old school thrash at it's finest. Thanks very much skul!
Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted March 23, 2004 00:51     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great album !!! Nice old school thrash, I've got the entire album on Soulseek. Just can't wait to have the CD

Merci de me rappeler leur existence Skul, ça me donne le goût de retrouver le vidéo de "bored" sur mes vieilles cassettes vidéos de Solidrok

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted March 23, 2004 01:47     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seb YB1:
Merci de me rappeler leur existence Skul, ça me donne le goût de retrouver le vidéo de "bored" sur mes vieilles cassettes vidéos de Solidrok

Not that I understand any French, but if I got it right you're looking to find the video for "Bored" among your tapes.

Well, that's a big coincidence... Last night I happened to find an old VHS tape with lots of metal and hardcore videos - among them clips for "Bored" and "Seemingly Endless Time".

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 23, 2004 11:31     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thrashes like a motherfucker. Nice little ditty.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 26, 2004 01:38     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx for the "prehear" Skulhed.

Sounds like they've never been away

Grtz, DBC

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 26, 2004 06:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Death Brain Cell's:
Sounds like they've never been away

Grtz, DBC

ACTUALLY, they really haven't been away. Just not playing as Death Angel, if you consider The Organization & SWARM... for the most part the guys really never stopped. With all the reunions and come backs it only makes sense to use the name DEATH ANGEL.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 26, 2004 09:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So i finally sat down and gave it a proper listen. I had an ear infection (in both ears!) all week so listening to music wasnt exactly fun or worthwhile... But now that i'm better, i gave the new Death Angel three consecutive spins.. and here are some of my random thoughts about it.

* They couldve called it Act IV. Because it picks up right where they left off as Death Angel, and they continue their natural progression hinted at on Act III. This couldve came out in '92 and it wouldve felt right then. But it doesnt sound dated in 2004, either.

* The production is top notch. They had the same people who recorded the last Voivod album (Brian Dobbs) but at least on this one, the vocals are mixed properly.

* Unlike Exodus, who just released a cd that has an incredibly powerful production but is marred with alarmingly pedestrian material, the songs on Art Of Dying (well, most of 'em) are excellent and well written.

* The album also covers a large scope of styles, also. Some of the songs (including THrown to the Wolves) couldve fitted right at home on Act III, while others are more reminescent of the punky Swarm project, and some have more of a The Organisation quality to 'em.

* Best song on the album: "The Devil Incarnate". It has somewhat a Sabbath/ Alice in Chains kind of vibe. Not the thrashiest song, but certainly the most memorable.

* Vocals are split on most of the album. Mark does the bulk of 'em, but Rob and the drummer sings at least one song each, and i think the bass player sings one of the more punky songs, too. I know it's Rob singing on "Word To The Wise", a ballad akin to A Room WIth A View, but it's not nearly as good. Not bad, tho.

Basically, it's all good.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 26, 2004 21:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMNIT, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FUCKER TO BE RELEASED!!!!

I'm as excited as I was for the new Voivod. So the DEATH ANGEL, VOIVOD, EXODUS triple headliner should be happening this year!!!!

I WISH (hell, tey might as well, get MORDRED & TESTAMENT to join the tour also.

It's be called "The Coolest Mutha's Of Metal"

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 28, 2004 14:58     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, okay this is pretty darn good!! I have never listened to Death Angel before, but this is definitely old school and I like it. (The Evil Incarnate is just starting).

I may have told this story before, but I'll tell it again. I worked in the music department at Borders in San Francisco quite a few years ago and one of the big label reps would come in every couple of weeks to give us promo CDs and put up posters for the label. Well, he was always handing out flyers for his band, telling us to come check them out. The band was called Swarm!! Little did I know that I had been having conversations with this guy.......

Rob Who??

Anyway, I never did take the time to go check them out and now I wish I had. Very nice guy, btw. This album rocks

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 28, 2004 22:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, hypergrrl., If I lived on the west coast instead of the East cost, I'd have been going to the ORGANIZATION, SWARM, and DEATH ANGEL, every chance I got.

Now you'll know not to miss them next time!!!

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 30, 2004 19:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend of mine sent me a cdr yesterday of THE ART OF DYING and I have OD'd on it!!!
Please do not resusitate me... this album kills!!!!

Consider yourself a:
wimp,
loser,
pansy,
stupid,
poser,
close minded....
...if you don't buy this cd when it comes out.

okay, I got a bit carried away....or did I

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 30, 2004 20:02     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
close minded....

what an insult !!!
i guess i am going to have to check this cd soon, is it anything like ActIII.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan