my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » i love zombies!!! [dawn of the dead remake spoiler!] (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: i love zombies!!! [dawn of the dead remake spoiler!]
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 22, 2004 20:08       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 22, 2004 20:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the fact that you would make that kind of assumption explains why you don't understand that they died at the end of the dawn of the dead - even though every movie reviewer in every newspaper in north america thinks they did. i guess we were all stoned when we watched it.
 |  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 22, 2004 21:36     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
{{weak}} not nearly as much power as The Passion
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 22, 2004 23:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 23, 2004 10:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So yup... i ended up seeing it last night and yup, they're all died at the end. Hehe. As if they'd survive when hundreds of zombies just charge at 'em as they got off the boat. Livingevil, you're such a fucking comedian.

"Fort Pastor gone -- no help coming"

"So what,s the bad news?"

Hehe.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 23, 2004 16:36       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 23, 2004 17:15     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
as fast as those zombies are on land, i would assume they are olympic swimmers also. so mabye someone didnt just drop the video camera and run back to the boat, besides the boat showing empty on gas, most boats of any size usually have a small trolling motor (electric) and some oars handy in case of emergency.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 25, 2004 20:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
So yup... i ended up seeing it last night and yup, they're all died at the end.

BOOYES!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 25, 2004 23:39       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 26, 2004 16:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this christian review says they all died too. i guess that means they're intolerant on that site's forum as well.

Spoiler: There is also the ultimate hero, played by Jake Weber in the part of Michael. Michael is the sort of individual who seems always to have the best interests of others at heart. You never see him indulging in any actions that would destroy the living, only the dead. He is kind and gentle, and is one who understands and struggles with loss. He is also one who seems to have more peace than any other character in the movie. He is in many regards a Christ figure. He loves and cares, and is willing to sacrifice himself to save the many. He seems to be comfortable with the decisions he makes and with his future. We see this especially at the point where he allows the others to continue their journey towards freedom, the freedom to make wise or foolish decisions. Just when the audience believes that everything is now okay, we are reminded throughout the closing credits that even though we have been provided a deliverer, a savior, we still need to make wise decisions ourselves -- and we are responsible for the decisions we make. Unfortunately, this group does not make those appropriate decisions. For those not familiar with zombie films or George A. Romero, I will say that James Gunn holds true to the concept that far more times than not, you don't survive the zombie.
End of spoiler

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/dawn_of_dead.htm

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 26, 2004 17:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 26, 2004 18:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ZzzZzzzZZzzzZz.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 26, 2004 21:21     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
______
Radman
VoivodFan
Member # 375

posted March 27, 2004 02:01     Profile for Radman   Email Radman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well,I just saw this film tonight and I stayed to watch through the credits and I don't automatically think "they all died."

They more than likely did,BUT like somebody already said,if you don't actually SEE IT in these kinds of films,they could write just about anything for the sequel....maybe the Navy was right behind them and saved all their asses

--------------------

Hate your enemies
Save your friends
Find your place
Speak the truth

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 28, 2004 21:26       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 29, 2004 08:49     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now, now, let's all calm down, and go see the Machete Zombie website.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 29, 2004 17:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here is another cool site, it was very informative. the strange thing is i grew up going to this mall sometimes twice a week and always on the weekends, i lived in greensburg until i was about 11yrs old. check out all the different versions of the original film posted there.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 20, 2004 16:11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just rented this movie again and for some reason it now looks like everybody was killed at the end.What a crappy movie!
it started off pretty good and went straight down hill.

once again NIA is right

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 20, 2004 16:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 20, 2004 20:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just like the new song from The Accused..."Fast Zombies Rule!"

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 20, 2004 22:32       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah excellent song off of the new Accused cd.
Shawny
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 511

posted November 20, 2004 23:15     Profile for Shawny   Email Shawny     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
but why would you post that for me when you dont know the first thing about me?You have that much hate for someone just because they disagree with you?i'm just guessing but i bet you not married right. if your like that to everybody then i can see why but i dont think ill of you.Course this isnt helping my opinion of you.
who am i kidding,i think i love you
hot take charge woman with strong opinions

The underlying tone of this message is sickening. Do you actually believe what you wrote? Even as a joke, it is pathetic and worrying. Your sarcastic, 'there, there, female of the species, it's cute when you get upset' tone is repulsive. And you're wrong anyway, it isn't cute in Nia's case...it's humbling, because it just so happens that *gasp* Nia IS a hot woman with smarts and views of her own. Why is that humbling? Not because she's a woman, but because she's got it all. Oh my! Also happens to be the smartest PERSON I know.

PS: Dawn of the Dead was fun. Mwhahaha.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 21, 2004 00:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm watching the movie now... not as bad as I thought it was going to be after reading most of these posts. Ving is a bad ass. With his voice he'd be a cool rapper... real heavy sounding.

So, everybodies going to die, huh?

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 21, 2004 03:45     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shawny:
The underlying tone of this message is sickening. Do you actually believe what you wrote? Even as a joke, it is pathetic and worrying. Your sarcastic, 'there, there, female of the species, it's cute when you get upset' tone is repulsive. And you're wrong anyway, it isn't cute in Nia's case...it's humbling, because it just so happens that *gasp* Nia IS a hot woman with smarts and views of her own. Why is that humbling? Not because she's a woman, but because she's got it all. Oh my! Also happens to be the smartest PERSON I know.

PS: Dawn of the Dead was fun. Mwhahaha.

Don't you find it disturbing that your "English" sounds very "French-like"

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Shawny
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 511

posted November 21, 2004 08:14     Profile for Shawny   Email Shawny     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, that's odd. I'm about as anglophone as they come in these parts. It's true that I 'cotoie plusieurs Francophones de souches', but, yeah, English is my first language. What exactly was 'French-like' about my post, and why is that disturbing?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan