my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » i love zombies!!! [dawn of the dead remake spoiler!] (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: i love zombies!!! [dawn of the dead remake spoiler!]
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 20, 2004 18:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but dawn of the dead sucked ass. wah!!!!! the ending was terrible. and it definitely wasn't gorry enough because i wasn't scared at all! the opening credits and the ending credits could have made a good dawn of the dead video though.
 |  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 20, 2004 20:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx for the warning

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 20, 2004 20:24     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you talking about the remake of DOTD? Because I love zombies too, but I hate remakes.

The original DOTD by George Romero ruled however. And the music by the Goblins ruled too!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 20, 2004 20:45       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought it was pretty good but didnt care much for the ending.
IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 20, 2004 20:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but they all died. how they could make a sequel?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 20, 2004 21:03       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted March 20, 2004 21:56     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone didn't watch the movie all the way through and left when the credits came on

I thought it was an ok movie. I was expecting something worse, like that stupid Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake earlier this year.

Nothing will ever surpass the original, however, no matter how much they add to the storyline.

--------------------

Oh my god, space aliens! Don't eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them!
-Homer Simpson

GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted March 20, 2004 21:57     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The original is real good but so is the remake of night of the living dead but is this remake good?
Day of the dead is good too I think, but I don't know if you can call it a sequal kind of, but then would dawn of the dead be a sequal to night of the living dead kind of?
If this is as shitty as texas chainsaw remake then let me know so I don't waste my time, eh.

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 20, 2004 22:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VodFan:
Someone didn't watch the movie all the way through and left when the credits came on

haha, exactly vf...we must both be psychic.

quote:
"If you leave just as the end credits begin to roll, you get the upbeat, mankind-will-survive ending.

If you stay through the headache-inducing credits you get the nihilist ending in which the zombies rule.

This dual ending trick is one of the few original things about Dawn of the Dead."
-Calgary Sun

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 21, 2004 07:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 21, 2004 11:42     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe you are a zombie...they all died!!!
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted March 21, 2004 14:12     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
I stayed through the WHOLE credits and i NEVER saw any one get killed,so you must have saw a different movie.
I did however see a bunch of zombie falling from being shot.How exactly could that happen if everyone was died?
Noitall must have been fucked up and saw a diffent movie that really wasnt playing.

Yes they did. When the credits come on, they show clips of what happened after.

Don't read further if you don't want me spoiling this shit...

They found a camera on the boat they escaped with and headed for an island (thinking they would not get infected on an island). Funny thing is, everyone on that island was infected anyway. Screams ensues and the last guy who held the camera dropped it, so everyone's dead.

--------------------

-Homer Simpson

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 21, 2004 14:52       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 21, 2004 15:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's getting terrible reviews everywhere, and the way you guys talk about it (a boat? an island? wtf?) then it's more of a re-imagined version than a remake.. sorta like Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 was. And what's this i hear about zombies RUNNING all over the place? Arent zombies supposed to just walk slowly? Hehe. I guess someone thought "Let's so zombies like in 28 Days Later", which is dumb since they werent zombies. They were just humans diseased with rage.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 21, 2004 15:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All these negative comments are troubling me more and more. Did they really spoil the original that much?

THAT was and still is one of my all-time fav movies. So I was not really waiting for some cheesy remake.

Fuck remakes anyway. Can't they think of something new anymore?

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 21, 2004 15:31     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must admit to not actually have seen this particular remake but I don't understand why this remake business even happens in film and T.V. especially when you consider how horrible most of these shows usually turn out! Let me see here: Charlies Angels; S.W.A.T.; Battlestar Galactica; Starsky and Hutch... Are they really that pressed for new ideas out there in film and T.V. land!?! This may not fall under the category, but one of my pet peeves is that one monster movie which was kind of a americanization of the japanese Godzilla movies. You know, the one which featured the gigantic Iguana? O.k, some of the scenes were pretty scary - especially the baby iguanas after they hatched and were only man sized - and also my favorite red head Vicki Lewis was part of the cast.

But come on, the japanese Godzilla just can't be topped! It has character, a charming personality, spits fire at will, and knows some amazing martial arts moves! Calm down Indio! Perhaps this thread should be devoted to remakes of various shows and why they usually turn out horrible! I know, I know, it's a free world and people are going to do whatever the hell they like regardless of some of the consequences. I guess what alot of these remakes do is show just how good the original is or was. Then again, you may ask, "Indio, was Starsky and Hutch ever good!?!" Well umm, urr... It was when I was a young lad back in the seventies. I used to watch that show religiously. Same goes for Baretta, Emergency, Hawaii Five-O, S.W.A.T., and - please don't laugh - C.H.I.P.S.! Actually my sister used to force me to watch that show - we only had one television for three kids. We used to always fight over what show we were going to watch! I always made sure that we watched my personal fave Emergency! Gage and Desoto ruled!

--------------------

When the chime ends, pickup your gun. Try and shoot me Coronel... Just try...

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 21, 2004 16:45       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's almost nothing from the original in this movie!
GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted March 21, 2004 17:47     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Dawn of the Dead' Debut Tops 'Passion'

'Dawn of the Dead' Debuts With $27.3 Million, Ending Reign of Gibson's 'Passion of the Christ'

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES March 21 — Audiences feasted on zombies as the fright flick "Dawn of the Dead" ruled the box office, debuting with $27.3 million and bumping "The Passion of the Christ" from the top spot.

Mel Gibson's "The Passion" took in $19.2 million, slipping to second place after three straight weekends on top, according to studio estimates Sunday.

"The Passion" raised its domestic total to $295.3 million since opening Feb. 25. The movie passed "The Sixth Sense," which earned $293.5 million, to take over 18th place on the all-time domestic chart.

"We anticipated it would open well and contribute to the total box office, but certainly not at this magnitude," said Rob Schwartz, head of distribution for Newmarket Films, which released "The Passion."

"Dawn of the Dead" stars Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames in a remake of George Romero's 1979 horror tale about survivors holed up in a shopping mall from a plague of flesh-eating zombies.

Opening in 2,745 theaters, "Dawn of the Dead" averaged a healthy $9,945 a cinema. "Taking Lives" averaged $4,218 in 2,705 theaters, while "Eternal Sunshine" did $6,334 in 1,353 cinemas.

Remakes have a spotty box-office history, though horror updates such as last year's hit "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" tend to hold less risk because scary movies have a built-in audience.

"They are dicey," said Nikki Rocco, head of distribution for Universal, which released "Dawn of the Dead." "But I think the horror genre, that's a genre that's an audience pleaser. Clearly, everyone's going because they want to see the zombies."

Scary movies tend to drop steeply in subsequent weekends after hardcore horror fans have seen them. But "Dawn of the Dead" cost just $26 million to make, so surpassing its production budget with the opening weekend gross puts it on track to turn a solid profit.

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 21, 2004 21:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
(BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.)
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 21, 2004 22:27       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xXniaXx:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by :xXniaXx:
[qb]BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
(BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.)
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted March 21, 2004 22:46     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me so confused!

--------------------

-Homer Simpson

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 22, 2004 08:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I stayed through the WHOLE credits and i NEVER saw any one get killed,so you must have saw a different movie.
I did however see a bunch of zombie falling from being shot.How exactly could that happen if everyone was died?
Noitall must have been fucked up and saw a diffent movie that really wasnt playing.

You guys all miss the point. The point is:

THE PEOPLE THEY KILL, THEY STAND UP AND KILL!!!!!

(Hehe, best line of the original movie. As for the remake, I'll pass, thank you, and will wait for Romero's zombie movie numero quatro, if he ever makes it!)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 22, 2004 10:25     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:

This was my favorite Zombie.

Yea, mine too.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 22, 2004 16:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 22, 2004 18:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
If you read my posts you will see that i got the point that no one was dying.It's other "think skulls" who keep saying they all died at the end but the whole point of the movie was no one was dying,thats why it's not a good idea to write a review of a movie you saw while you where stoned!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ass+clown&f=1

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan