my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "Jazzcore", anyone?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Jazzcore", anyone?
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 15, 2004 17:21     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terve!

I saw this crazy bunch of fine musicians play live in some free-for-all summer punk festival in my tiny old hometown about 10 years ago...and now I accidentally bumped into their website! I haven't dl'd any of the mp3's yet, so I can't tell the sound quality of those yet. Anyhow, check them out. I think they're suitably weirdish for my taste...and the mp3 section is quite diverse and large!
http://www.deepturtle.net/

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 15, 2004 17:34     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just noticed they've got loads of other bands' mp3s for download too - check out Iglu's "Murehditko" if you want a quick easy-listening experience.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 15, 2004 17:38     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boy do I love responding to my own posts...

NP Deep Turtle's own tune "Hetrag" (whatever that means) and it brings to my mind a certain canadian band in their earlier days...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted March 15, 2004 18:35     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I checked the site a bit.... I found a link to M. A. Numminen web page
He's hiarious, I always liked him.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out some more........ maybe a take the ferry over to Suomi Finland.....

/Edit: No festival this year, but I read about the summer festival in Jakobstad./

Skål!

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 15, 2004 19:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wait a minute...you actually know M.A.?!?!? I'll be damned! Wow! A big SKÅÅÅÅÅL to you, Annki, your cultural knowledge is truly vast!

CheerS!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted March 15, 2004 19:26     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well of course I know about him, he is still very popular here in Sweden. He just have to walk into a room or into a Tv studio and everybody starts to laugh..

Remember one time me and a friend fell down from the sofa of laughing too much when he appeared in swedish TV.

You can be sure most swedes knows M. A.
We just love him!!!!!

Skål .... Suomen pojka!.....

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 15, 2004 19:40     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Guys...just thought I'd drop a plug of a band made up of some very close friends of mine. You might dig 'em. The band is called Bag: Theory and they are a purely improvisational band. Year's ago, the original line up of the band performed under the name Paper Bag on SST records. Anyway, they are quite jazzy at times. Check 'em out at www.paperbagtheory.com I believe their might be some audio samples of them there. Quite original. It is the best improvisational band I've heard.
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted March 15, 2004 20:10     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I'm not mistaken I think I read about them before, could it have been on Death&Taxes earlier homepage?

I tried to d/l a track but the connection was very slow. I will try again later.

BTW , waiting for your release of your CD. Looking forward to it!

Best wishes
- Annki

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 15, 2004 20:38     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, Annki! Yeah, you probably read it on the D&T home page. As a matter of fact, I called on the Bag: Theory guys to help me record one of the new Death & Taxe$ tracks that will be on the new album (I titled the track, Death:Theory).
And speaking of, my new CD will be in hand in about 2 weeks. Warcorpse has always been very supportive in letting me plug my band here from time to time, so I'm sure he'll let me announce the release date when I have it. In the meantime, you can check in at our new website address www.DnTmusic.com It's still under construction, but when the CD is available, that will be the first place to announce it. Thanks for the support, Annki!

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted March 15, 2004 20:56     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
....... Yeah, you probably read it on the D&T home page....... (I titled the track, Death:Theory).
..........new website address www.DnTmusic.com It's still under construction, but when the CD is available, that will be the first place to announce it. Thanks for the support, Annki!

I knew I had read it somewhere. I got so qurious when you had some tracks for d/l on the board, well you know I got very attached to some of those tracks. To be honest I like all of them. It's kind of Warcorpse to let you ad here.

Just 2 more weeks!........

-Annki

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan